When the Game is Released...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DAMANN

When the Game is Released...

Post by DAMANN »

This may have been covered in another topic, but I haven't seen it before..

When the release of the game comes around how will you, the devs, handle it. Will you...

A) Not really tell anyone that it's done and just release it out of the blue?

B) Tell everyone that you're nearing completion and to expect it soon?

C) Finish making the game and post an official day that you will release it?

I'm sure how the demo was release should be an indicator of this, but I couldn't find anything conclusive.
Xuan

Re: When the Game is Released...

Post by Xuan »

From what I've seen so far, to expect an official date even after the game is 100% completed is probably not possible.

They probably will just release a blog post announcing that it's done, with links ready. Then they'll update their site a few days later.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

With Act 1 we did A), but with the full release it's probably going to be both B) and C). I say "probably" because that is my gut feeling about how we operate, and we have never really discussed it at all. So yeah we might end up doing whatever, including just dropping it out there.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

LINER NOTES
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

They won't release it.

They will see what they have created and promptly commit ritual suicide.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

On a related note, what will happen to this forum once the game is released? Half the fun here is speculation (What's Misha's disability, will Hideaki and Akira be a pairing, the families of the characters, and so on).

Fanart might be reduced a good bit, since everything in the released version is Word Of God, Canon, and whatever other terms you'd like to use. As will the forum topics.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Sgt_Frog wrote:On a related note, what will happen to this forum once the game is released?
I imagine there will be a flood of newcomers, discussing things that we've been through multiple times.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

It'll keep on rolling hopefully. Hell, It'll bring in a crap-ton of newcomers in fact. Id imagine things here will get a lot more alight when the newfags come to swarm these boards. God help us. God help us all.
Also known as the artist formerly known as Commissioner Castration.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Sgt_Frog wrote:On a related note, what will happen to this forum once the game is released?
I imagine there will be a flood of newcomers, discussing things that we've been through multiple times.
Oh god, it's gonna be horrible.

I guess we should just hope that most of the newcomers are sane. Although I don't think the chances are high if the release of KS gets coverage in even semi-mainstream media. It's almost certain that 4chan will discuss (and possibly bash) it, though.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

As for the release my only though on what would be a problem of a formal release time is if the server crashes. In my case, if you release a date and time I would basically be one of the first to start the download.
The forums will more than likely drop one range of specualtion for another. There has been so much discussion on spin-offs already it will only be further fueled by the new information that will be revealed in the final product. Fan art will increase for some time as new faces to KS will be appearing and possible new faces in-KS will be prevelent.
Discussion on the game in its entirety will be very prevalent as there will be some that praise it, some that despise it, and others that will question 50 million things like the choice of Misha's disability or lack there of along with every detail, like how Rainbow wizard was in Act 1 along with more ideas of side-pairings and routes.
By my prediction, there will be just as much of a forums/shimmie jam as there was when this site was originally established and will only decline after a large period of time. More than likely until some of the devs decided to neglect any enforcement and everything just goes down hill.
Or until the infamous KS2 announcement. :P
But don't worry, I'll be here for a long time. :mrgreen:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

As it is impossible to make a game EVERYONE would like, I'm prepared that we all, oldfag fans and devs, will face a flood of new stupidity.
Also, we active guys who are currently here, grow in status- we stayed here from the beginning. We didn't abandon, nor did we forget. We remained in hope and shared the cool moments.
Oh, glory...
Member22

Post by Member22 »

I agree that there will be hordes of newcomers/new fans flocking to the site... and while the online happiness/jubilation surrounding the release... I have a feeling the forums (and IRC) might go into 'troll-mania' mode in full facepalming glory and delta would be spending a week or so just banning or deleting troll accounts

The fanart forums might be quiet for a time after the release, as the fans assimilate the story from the perspective of all paths... and then fanart might jump back to life again, along with fanfics involving the high school lives of Hisao and (insert girl's name here) daughters' time in Yamaku
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Member22 wrote:I agree that there will be hordes of newcomers/new fans flocking to the site... and while the online happiness/jubilation surrounding the release... I have a feeling the forums (and IRC) might go into 'troll-mania' mode in full facepalming glory and delta would be spending a week or so just banning or deleting troll accounts
If you continue scaring the devs, they'll never release the full version ;-)
The fanart forums might be quiet for a time after the release, as the fans assimilate the story from the perspective of all paths... and then fanart might jump back to life again, along with fanfics involving the high school lives of Hisao and (insert girl's name here) daughters' time in Yamaku
Given that KS is supposed to cover a period of three months, there is still about half a year to go at Yamaku - plenty of fuel for more fanfics.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

imagine the reaction if they deliver a finished produkt, but never reveal what Misha's disability was.

I mean, they theorethicaly could do that. There you have your discussion fuel.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Akroma wrote:imagine the reaction if they deliver a finished produkt, but never reveal what Misha's disability was.

I mean, they theorethicaly could do that. There you have your discussion fuel.
that.... that actually seems likely, a last WAHAHA we know something you dont from the devs.

Likely, but still evil
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.