Trouble at the Nakai Shrine (KS x Touhou)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Smoku

Re: Trouble at the Nakai Shrine (KS x Touhou)

Post by Smoku »

I'll inform you on PM. Working on the next part of this fic as we speak. Sure I will help.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Continued:

They flew beyond trees of the Forest of Magic. Kenji was leading the way. He knew this place very well. Hisao wondered how long was he living here...
“Oi, Kenji?”
“Hm?”
“I never seen your place although I know you for so long.” Hisao observed this interesting fact.
“That's true~ze” He answered simply. He didn't say anything more. How rude, he didn't invite Hisao over. Well... it was fine, since he brought food and stuff with him most of the times he came visit the shrine.

“There” Kenji pointed to a spot in the middle of the forest. There was... a house. It looked a little out of place. Hisao rather expected some kind of a primitive hut, but this place was rather modern looking. It was white, with a dark blue roof and it had a tower on it's eastern part, fitting to the rest of the building. Although there didn't seem to be any garden, the grass was neatly cut and the house itself gave an impression of being held by a hard-working and decent person.

Both boys landed near the entrance and Kenji approached the door.
“So, we do this my style or yours?” He asked.
His... style?
“My style” Hisao stated clearly. Who knows what kind of a weird entrance would the manly magician make and the shrine man wanted to make a good impression. He knocked on the door politely and decided to wait for a response.

The door opened itself after a while and at first Hisao didn't notice anybody.
“Hiya” said Kenji.
Hisao took a better look and noticed that the door was opened by... a doll. The doll looked like a cute little girl. She was made with visible care and looked pretty realistic, except that she wasn't moving her eyes. As the door opened, she bowed in greetings with us.
“Awww, how cute” said Hisao. He wanted to enter the house but suddenly the doll took out a sword out of nowhere and flew towards Kenji. From inside of the house emerged more of the dolls, dressed in different colors and with different hair, all armed in little, yet sharp looking swords, pikes and axes mostly. They surrounded the two carefully.
Kenji seemed unmoved by the unexpected event.
“Wha-what's wrong?” Hisao asked.
“You are wrong” said a new voice of a person emerging from the house, this time someone normally sized, with flesh.
The person appeared to be a girl with short brown hair with a red ribbon in them. She was in a light blue dress with a lot of pink ribbons tied up for decorating measures. The most interesting was that... her sleeves were empty. She had no arms. Her green eyes shone like emeralds, with a little sign of green fire, showing her annoyance.
“You interrupted my work” she stated coldly staring at the two odd visitors.
“Sorry about that, Rin.” Kenji raised his hands, showing that he's unarmed. He's a magician... Only cutting those hands of would make him “unarmed”. “I came here politely as a guest, to introduce a new face to you. That's how you welcome guests?” He grinned wickedly.

( The Doll Maker of Bucuresti)

“That's cool” Rin suddenly smiled and relaxed. Her dolls around Hisao hid their weapons and started bowing in apologies. Though the ones around Kenji didn't disarm.
“You can come in” She pointed at the miko “You on the other hand – scram to your house and bring me the books you stole yesterday”
“Aww, come on...” Kenji obviously wanted to start explaining and crafting a little lie in his head.
Then one of the dolls, equipped with a lance, quickly charged towards his head, skewered his hat and flew up with it far away into the forest.
“Hey, what the fu... Why you little!” Kenji jumped on his broomstick with haste and started chasing the doll. They both vanished from sight.
“O-oi... wasn't that a bit harsh?” Hisao said.
“Hmm... Yeah, you're right. My poor little doll” Rin replied. After that an awkward silence took place. The weird girl seemed lost in thoughts but she spoke “Why don't you come in? No worries, my doll will leave his hat at his doorsteps. Then it'll explode”
Hisao went inside behind the girl. She just said something outrageous just now, didn't she?

The house inside looked clean. It was decorated in a western style, as the outsides would suggest. This looked like a guest room, but it looked a little... unused. Rin didn't seem to have many guests. There were a few doors leading to other rooms, but they were closed. Dolls were flying around, cleaning what was left from dust. Rin sat on a big, comfortable looking dark green chair.
“Have a seat” she offered him a similar chair opposite to the other one. There was a little wooden table between us, good enough to place tea for two people and some small snacks to go. A few dolls opened a pair of doors and flew inside another room.
“So, you are...?” Rin asked.
“Ah, I'm Hisao Nakai. A shrine man of the Nakai shrine nearby, nice to meet you, miss Margatroid”
“Likewise. You're a friend of Kenji? Are you... in THAT sort of stuff?”
“Uh... what do you mean?”
“You know... Witchery, theft”
Two dolls emerged from the room they previously came inside. They brought tea for Hisao and Rin, bowing politely. Hisao thought that they were really were cute. Apart that they could cut his throat any moment.
“He's a thief...?” Kenji never stole anything from Hisao. Except for some cookies. And the donation box seemed kinda empty all the time, which suddenly came to his mind...
“Yup, he steals my books on a regular basis” Rin sighed. One of the dolls flew near them, raised Rin's cup to her mouth to let her have a drink, then she put the cup down.
“O-oh... No, I don't think we share interests” Hisao took a sip as well. It was good. Different then his own tea, but tasty.
“So what brings you here?”
“I just wanted to get to know the natives of Gensokyo a little better. Kenji brought me to you first.”
“Ah, socializing... Well, I don't have many visitors so this is a nice change. How do you like my dolls?” She asked with curiosity in her voice.
“They're well made and pretty cute, I must say. How do they work?”
“I control them with magic. I made them all myself, you see”
“Uhm... Mind if I ask how? You uuhm...” Hisao felt a little uncomfortable.
“Oh, these?” Rin noticed that he meant her missing arms “I use my feet”
Hisao was surprised. How could she craft dolls so well just using her feet? Amazing. Rin made quite an impression. Though it seemed like she didn't have a lot of friends and she put a hell lot of time and work into her dolls.

They had a nice conversation for some time. Husao told her about himself, it wasn't that much to talk about anyway. The Doll Master was a lot more interesting though. She was a youkai magician, who was once human. She cherished her hobby, puppetry, a lot. She loved every single doll. In her tales tough there was nothing about her times as a human, nothing telling how did she happened to start living here,in the middle of nowhere. Nothing about friendships or other relationships as well.

The dolls started cleaning the windows and hanging Rin's laundry on a clothesline outside the house. Hisao didn't know if Rin had to concentrate on the dolls' doings, they seemed almost alive. The one that was raising the puppeteer's cup, was occasionally looking around with her shiny black eyes or brushing her hair with a miniature hair brush. It was amusing to watch and Hisao enjoyed it all a lot. He made a new interesting friend.
It was time for him to get back though. Kenji didn't appear at all, probably busy extinguishing fires at his house and cursing the Doll Master.
“It was a pleasant visit, Miss Rin. I'm glad we met”
“Sure, come by anytime” Rin followed Hisao to the door, with a small legion of her dolls opening doors for him and bowing all the time, like faithful servants.
“I hope to see you at my shrine too, for some tea or something more if you like” He smiled to her.
“Something... more?” Rin raised an eyebrow. She blushed a little too.
“Er, uh...” Hisao noticed what she probably thought “I meant some sake”
“Oh, that's fine. Sure, I guess I know it's location” all signs of her embarrassment vanished.

Hisao waved goodbye to the Doll Master and flew back home, forgetting about Kenji. What a good day that was.

(switch to Darkening Dusk )

The next day, Hisao got up quite early. He went outside to great the morning and enjoy the joy of life...

(And stop the music :D )

... Until he got knocked out by an unidentified flying object. As his face inevitably approached it's randez vous with the ground, he heard “Ayayaya!” and his world got filled with blackness.

When he woke up, he felt pain on his face. He got hit hard by... something. Before his eyes was a pair of nice boo... I mean, wings. Black wings. He raised his eyes up and he noticed a face, a little saddened and concerned.
“Ayaya, so you finally woke up, mister. I'm soooo sorry” She bowed. If she could bow just a little bit lower, Hisao would be granted a sight that could make his day a lot better, despite the fact of being knocked out.
“I threw the newspaper a little too hard today and you got hit as you came outside of your shrine” she explained. “Oh, damn, I never knocked out a customer before. A one that's paying for the paper at that. Hey, you're getting red, are you ok?”
Hisao felt blood rushing towards his cheeks “Uh, no! I'm fine, I'm fine. Just a little confused, don't worry...”
“How can I repay you, mister? Anything you say, except for not paying for the news, off course” She smiled.
A few wicked thoughts invaded Hisao's mind. Suffice to say they weren't appropriate and their content wasn't work safe. But he fought with all his poor willpower with them and he came up with an idea.
“W-Well... There is one thing you could help me in”
“Yea, what is it?”

(switch to Wind God Girl )

“So, let me get this straight” Aya, the newspaper reporter and seller pointed her finger at the resident male shrine maiden “You want to get to know more people around Genokyo?”
“Yeah” he nodded.
“Human village” she said.
“I know it already”
“Forest of magic”
“I got to know Kenji for a long time and I recently met miss Margatroid, a very nice person indeed”
“Nice...? Hmm... Yeeeah....” She didn't look too convinced but she went on. “Ya been anywhere else, bored shrine guy?”
“No, not much... I eat at Mystia's and that's just about it I know”
“Ok, so here's the deal... There are like two quite interesting places I can show you to.”
“That would be nice, thank you”
Aya grinned “You're lookin for a girlfriend, aren'cha?” her smile grew a little and her hands wandered towards the picture making device hanging from her neck like a bizarre big amulet.
“What!? No!” Hisoa declined. His face got red in an instant. What was thing girl thinking?
“Yeah, right. I'll have it on the front page tomorrow. I already see the title Lonely priest. Who will he chose?” She seemed to fly of with thoughts. But suddenly she came back “ Or maybe you're a Casanova type, huh? More then one girl would be nice, eh?”.
“S-Stop that!” Hisao was mercilessly teased.
“Ok, ok. I promised so I'll show you off to the first place. Follow me.” And she took off to the sky.
Hisao could barely gain on her.
“H-hey, not so fast! What's the place called?”
“You need a name?”
“Uh... Yes! Isn't it natural?”
“It's the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You might hook up a nice damsel there, teehee” She sticked her tongue out, teasing the innocent priest further.
“Scarlet wah?”

(to be continued)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

(music still at Wind God Girl)
“That's it!” Aya pointed at a far away building. As Hisao closed in on it, he noticed it's a huge mansion in the middle of nowhere. The place looked really rich and it even had a gigantic clock tower and some enormous gardens.

Aya landed a little away from the palace's main gates. She waved to Hisao to follow her.
“So listen up, here's the plan” she started “You go in there, I observe”
“Wha-wha-whaaaat!?” Hisao was confused. He didn't even know the people inside. What was he supposed to do? Introduce himself and then what?
“That's what you wanted, didn't you?” She tilted her head. “oooh, pretty please?” She bended a little towards him “You wouldn't say no to a lady, wouldn't you?”.
Hisao could clearly see her cleavage and felt his mind going all blank. If he didn't feel a bit dizzy, he would notice her mischievous grin, having her in full control of the situation.
As she didn't hear any answer from him, she went on “Good boy! Now go and make friends” and she pushed the poor shrine maiden towards the gates.
Hisao didn't manage to protest and as he turned around to say anything, Aya had already disappeared somewhere. How fast of her...

( switch to Drunk as I Like- )

Ah well, since he was already here, he might as well introduce himself. Maybe he would gain a few new (and rich!) believers.
It wouldn't hurt to try... would it? With this thought in mind Hisao went on towards the big main gate of the mansion.
When he made it, he noticed a person sitting close to the gate. It was a red haired woman, dressed in green, with a beret on her head. She was sound asleep. Her snoring could be heard from quite a distance.
“Uhm... Hello?” Hisao approached the lady, he wasn't sure what to do. If this was one of the mansion's natives, he couldn't just pass by her. That would be impolite and might result in bad misunderstandings.
He poked the girl lightly as his call didn't have any effect. This also didn't do anything. Oh, well, maybe Hisao should just go on and knock on the g...
And suddenly a fast object rapidly flew by his head. It sure surprised the priest and he started to look around for an attacker. The gates had opened and from them emerged a black haired woman. Her hair was short, she had glasses on and a maid outfit, with a shirt skirt. Behind her flew a big pink-haired fairy. It was a fairy if you would judge by her wings, though these seemed rather special. They looked like pink crystals. The hair was odd on that one too... It was formed in... drills? Springs? It was hard to say.
“WAHAHAHA~” the fairy laughed rather like a demon. Hisao had his guard up, cautiously watching the two. He noticed that the object that flew very close to his head was a sharp knife. It landed near the sleeping woman. That didn't wake her up at all. What DID wake her up though was the laughing fairy. Her voice seemed like it could wake up the dead.
The maid look furious, she ignored Hisao and had her sight focused on the now awoken girl.
“Ahh! I'm sorry miss Shizune! I really wasn't slacking off!” she cried loud.
The maid took a glimpse on the pink haired fairy who continued to shake her hands in various weird gestures. Then she didn't even speak a word and she started making the hand signs as well.
“You are the most lazy among servants, Meiling! WAHAHA~” The fairy spoke. Hisao kinda started to have an idea.... This might be a kind of sign language. So there's a chance the head maid possibly might not hear anything, thus she uses the fairy as a means of communication.
She turned her gaze towards Hisao.
“And what are you doing here, shrine maiden-chan?” The fairy happily said, emotions opposite to the ones the maid seemed to express.
“I am Hisao Nakai of the Nakai shrine. I came here exploring Gensokyo” Hisao stated, a bit frightened by the cold welcome.
“WAHAHA~, so you are Hicchan!” Fairy laughed creepily as she used to before.
The maid got a little less tense. The girl called Meiling ran off somewhere as soon as she got scolded so they all could relax a little bit.

She made a few signs, a bit more slowly now. Hisao didn't understand one bit, but the fairy translated everything:
“What do you want in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Hicchan~?” she said. Hisao was a little annoyed by that nickname, he didn't know her, so that was impolite of the fairy.
“I was led here by a certain journalist an-” He was cut of, as when the fairy translated the word “journalist”, the maid took out a knife from somewhere under her skirt and threw it with great speed towards the bushes where Aya Shameimaru previously was. He heard a “Ayayaya!” and a shadow flew up from the bushes with light speed to the sky and disappeared.
The maid grinned wickedly.
The Scarlet Devil Mansion looked armed, ready and used to Aya's visits.
“Let us continue the talk, Hicchan!” Fairy flew a bit closer to Hisao. She seemed to quickly trust people.
“So, as I was saying, that tengu led me here. I wanted to meet the natives of nearby lands.” Hisao was a bit disturbed but went on.

(change music to Flowering Night - )

The fairy and the maid exchanged a few signs together and after a little while, they turned to Hisao again.
“Well then, nice to meet you, Hicchan. I am Shizune Izayoi and this is Misha~ Wait... I'm Misha” the fairy was confused. It was hard enough for Hisao to distinguish where the thoughts of the maid ended and the fairy's begun. It looks like the fairy had a little trouble as well. Weird.
The maid, Shizune, ordered Hisao to follow them with her hand. He followed, unsure of his fate. What kind of strange event has he got himself into now?

Hisao proceeded towards the entrance of the mansion, crossing the gates with the maid and her fairy. He observed that the gardens bloomed peacefully and many other fairies in maid outfits, going about with chores around the vast terrain. The mansion itself looked very luxurious. The maid opened the door and she was greeted by many more maid fairies, bowing politely “Hello, head maid and welcome, guest”. Misha translated every word. It's amazing how she could manage all that for Shizune to get what's going on around her.
And Shizune herself seemed like an important figure around here.
“How do you like the mansion, Hicchan?” Misha asked.
“Oh, it's lovely. May I know who's the master?”
Misha translated all of the shrineguy's words, but Shizune didn't sign back. She called one of the servant fairies with her hand, made a few signs.
“Please, call master. We have a guest” Misha announced to the fairy and so did the servant fly up beyond the enormous halls of the mansion, disappearing somewhere in one of the many corridors.

Hisao followed politely. He was shown the eastern and the western part of the building. They seemed to walk much longer then they should making it seem the mansion was much bigger inside then on the outside. But that was impossible... was it? They returned to the central part of the mansion.
“We are now approaching the library” Misha said quite officially.

(change music to Voile- Magic Library - )

The three went through a gigantic door, filled with ornaments. The library was titanic. Hisao couldn't see how high it went nor where it ended. He gasped in amazement as this state didn't change even as they proceeded deeper.
“WAHAHA~ Miss Patchouli! We came for a visit!” Misha screamed, crashing the atmosphere of refines of the library.
“Oh, do be quiet, fairy! I'm reading...” a voice came from far away. Hisao noticed that one of the many tables present in the library obviously for studying purposes, was occupied by someone.

The person was a short girl, with insanely long purple hair, tied up with ribbons in many parts. The outfit was a bit out of place as it resembled pajamas or something like that. She was even wearing a night gown, all lavender- colored. In front her, on the desk, was an enormous old- looking book written in a language Hisao never seen before.

Shizune made some signs and Misha said all out loud:
“Hello, Patchouli. How is your day?”
“Shut up, fairy, I know sign language.” She replied, also signing every word she said loudly.
Misha squeaked and hid behind Shizune's back in fear, but Hisao decided not be just a shadow.
“But I don't. Sorry for the intrusion, Miss...” he explained himself.
“.. Patchouli Knowledge. And you are?” she introduced herself. She looked a little skinny and the clothes and the hair seemed a little unordered, as if she didn't quite care about her looks much. But she was very cute even despite that.
“Hi-Hisao Nakai, shrineman of the Nakai shrine!” He bowed to hide his embarrassment.
“Let's see here...” Patchouli took out a book from one of the many shelves and started searching for something.
“Shrineman, shrineman.... Hmm... Well!” She shut the book and hid it back on it's place “It looks like such a word doesn't exist, shrineMAIDEN”.
Hisao already didn't like her attitude. Wise-assed, little....
“What brings you here to this library, priest? I don't believe in Gods nor do I intend to.” she stated ignoring the fact she might've been a little harsh for the guest.
“The priest of the Nakai shrine explores these regions and decided to pay us a polite visit to get to know us better” Misha said from behind of Shizune's back. Patchouli sighed, snapped her fingers and all the conversation appeared as colorful letters in mid air, probably for Shizune to be able to follow the talk better.
“That's very nice. So we have met. Yuuko!” Patchouli shouted and from above came flying yet another person.
“Ye-yes, Patchouli-sama!” She stuttered. The person appeared to be demon-kin. She had bat wings on her back and a smaller pair of them attached to her head as well. She seemed very nervous and she almost tripped during landing. She did drop a few books she was carrying though and even her glasses fell of.
“Ooh... I dropped them...” And she started picking them up.
“Don't worry about them...” Said Patchouli. She didn't seem as harsh for her as she was for the newcomer.
“Thanks, Yuuko” Patchouli said as her clumsy demon servant handed her all the dropped books, affixing her glasses properly “You may go now and take a rest”
“B-But Patchouli- sama! I mustn't rest if I know you are here, still working!”

Misha pulled Hisao by his sleeve.
“Let's leave them be, Hicchan” And so the shrineman, the maid and the fairy all left the library unnoticed by the natives.
As they left, a fairy, the very same Shizune ordered to find the master of the mansion, approached them.
“The Master is awaiting you all at the lobby” she bowed politely and flew away with her business.
“We mustn't let master wait for us long, let's hurry” Misha translated Shizune's words.

(change music to Septette for the Dead Princess - )

They got back to the mansion's main lobby. Hisao saw the main stairs leading up to upper levels of the mansion. One of the places he wasn't shown to yet.
There stood a small figure of a girl. She was dressed in a light pink dress and she had a mob cap of the same color on her head. Her little blue hair fluttered a bit as she started going down by the stairs. As she closed by, Hisao noticed that she had a pair of large bat-like wings on her back, a little different then the ones he saw before on the library servant.
She got pretty close and approached the priest with curiosity in her eyes. And the eyes were shining with a red color of blood.
“My, My” she started with a girly voice. “I am Remilia Scarlet, mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. The Scarlet Devil herself.”
As she spoke, Shizune and Misha bowed in honor. Hisao followed them with it, to show respect.

“And what is this I see? Yet another shrinemaiden visiting us?”

(to be continued)