Suppose Misha really dies...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shockproof Jamo

Suppose Misha really dies...

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Where would that leave Shizune? Okay, so... Many of us have been toying with the idea about Misha dying during Shizune's story path, as a possible plot device to bring Shizune closer to Hisao. But what if that really turns out to be the case? What would happen to Shizune? Would she tough it out? Would she crumble with the loss of her crutch? The fact of the matter is, Shizune is in many ways dependent on Misha's help, and the loss of her could leave Shizune perhaps completely helpless for a time. I see Shizune as a performer, someone who's used to being on top of things, always in control. Would being turned into a helpless little kitten affect her mentally and emotionally?
neumanproductions

Re: Suppose Misha really dies...

Post by neumanproductions »

I think you have a mighty fine point on that. I've metioned before how it is somewhat unrealistic to have Misha become totally useless in the Shizune path because Hisao is in no way going to learn enough sign language in the 3-month time frame to effectively communicate with Shizune. I can see him learning enough for a love confession but not so much so soon. There are going to be plenty of other things he'll be dealing with than just learning sign.
I believe if Misha would die on a possible side-route then it would indeed devistate Shizune to a point where she has been relying on Misha to be her most effective communication tool and best friend. Let's not forget however that these two are not childhood friends so this is not like they have known each other for years but have become close high school friends. Shizune would probably be able to hide her feelings until further down the path where she breaks down with Hisao there to comfort her.
I'm actually more intrigued to see Shizune die on a possible route and then Misha is the one to have to cope. That would be the biggest twist I can think of and I actually experimented with it on a fic I wrote. Misha would probably have a greater difficulty since she has grown so attached to Shizune after transferring into the school but I say far from the suicidal note. Rather, she would fall in a deep depression that would make Hanako seem outgoing.

That's a way the devs could really sneak in a Misha ending, not necessarily a Misha path; just an ending with them being close friends. :wink:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

And now it will never happen, because you mentioned it.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Rocket Science wrote:And now it will never happen, because you mentioned it.
I'd be willing to bet money that no one on the dev team is willing to stretch development of the game even longer to re-write half of Shizune's route just because one fan guessed what was going to happen.
EDiot

Post by EDiot »

SirMax wrote:
I'd be willing to bet money that no one on the dev team is willing to stretch development of the game even longer to re-write half of Shizune's route just because one fan guessed what was going to happen.
More Murphy's Law than a deliberate screw by the devs.
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

SirMax wrote:
ITT: nobody has a sense of humour.
napadan

Post by napadan »

One thing you're forgetting is that Shizune can still write. So it's not like she has no way of communicating with him while he learns sign language. He'd probably take over as her voice if you were going her route. Oh, if this did actually happen what I'd want is some kind of confession from her saying she always had feelings for Hisao too, but knew she would die soon and wanted to make sure it was as easy for everyone to take as possible, and wanted to make sure Shizune had someone after she dies.
Emi>Lilly=Rin>Shizune>Hanako

Misha would be second, but she doesn't have a path... :/
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

If learning sign is still a goal in the game, then Misha dying would be very bad. She would be the principle tutor for Hisao.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
napadan

Post by napadan »

whiteflags wrote:If learning sign is still a goal in the game, then Misha dying would be very bad. She would be the principle tutor for Hisao.
True. Maybe they have a sign language class then? :P
Emi>Lilly=Rin>Shizune>Hanako

Misha would be second, but she doesn't have a path... :/
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

You'd need to think about the choices you've made to get to this event to understand that it's a pretty obvious bad end you've earned.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

napadan wrote: True. Maybe they have a sign language class then? :P
If I remember well there is. Also Hisao thought about it.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

napadan wrote:One thing you're forgetting is that Shizune can still write. So it's not like she has no way of communicating with him while he learns sign language. He'd probably take over as her voice if you were going her route. Oh, if this did actually happen what I'd want is some kind of confession from her saying she always had feelings for Hisao too, but knew she would die soon and wanted to make sure it was as easy for everyone to take as possible, and wanted to make sure Shizune had someone after she dies.
Not so much forget as who wants to spend the rest of the path reading text...wait a minute!

I could see the Misha confession without a doubt. I've hinted before about that opening CG with Hisao entering the classroom for the first time how Misha was really looking at him with blushing cheeks. Go look, I kid you not; she is the only one doing that. So I have always felt that Misha has something for Hisao despite her not getting a route. For me, however, Misha dying would just be a bad route. Believe me, i've seen VNs and other stories where someone dies (main character or such) and still counts as a good ending. Take Gurren Lagann for example; though it did make me feel slightly empty inside my heart I still loved the anime. This all just goes to show that what might be satisfying for some might be devistating to others.

Extra: Cheer up everybody. Misha recently had her birthday so let's relax. Thinking about death at a time like this. :roll:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Gah, no. I absolutely couldn't deal with that. D:

Anyway. Misha is basically Shizune's link to the outside world, you know, so it'd be a loss for her. But even more important, in my opinion, is the fact that the two of them are so close. Although they aren't childhood friends, MIsha is one of the few people Shizune can talk too and I think they share a very strong bond.
Shizune isn't losing her translator.
She's losing her very best friend and confidant.
How would you react if you lost someone as important to you as Misha is to Shizune?

Gah, I can live with Misha dying if it's a bad end, but not if it's the good one. I want good ends to make me feel happy, not depressed.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Stoic as she is, Shizune won't show any outward signs of sadness. But she will be affected. Perhaps she'd be (extra) cold towards others, she'd be a loner. Kind of Hanako minus the meekness and fear. Hisao would crack that shell, and find the sad, depressed Shizune. He'd have to comfort her, and help her move on.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I wonder how she'll act towards Lilly if Misha died. Will she be colder and meaner to her? Will she lose the will to be mean to her?

What if, in the bad end, she commits suicide and leaves poor ole Hisao alone? Or, even worse, Hisao walks in on her corpse and has a heart attack and dies. Why do I enjoy thinking up of bad ends?