Rin's Parents.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AapoAlas

Re: Rin's Parents.

Post by AapoAlas »

One's parents are something you more or less have to put up with. When there's another person in your life, he/she most probably has parents too, and just like he/she has to, you have to put up with his/her parents too. And oh dear god, people don't always get along with each other. When they don't, which can very well happen with in-laws too, things just get complicated, especially in the aforementioned case where you still have to get along, despite not getting along that well.

EDIT: Just to bring this post a bit back on line with the topic: I do think it'd be interesting to see some in-laws come in to mix up the plot a bit. If for no other reason, then just to add a little bit of realism-spice.
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
Wan-wanniche

Post by Wan-wanniche »

I think that meeting the parents for the girls would be really fun. Kind of a 'if you met my family, you would understand' kind of thing. Parents tend to have really huge impacts on the personalities of their children, so a scene or two with parents would fit in well, I think.

On the other hand, from past experience, the displeasure of the parent(s) over a girlfriend/boyfriend can make things really hard and awkward. Many a relationship has gone south because one parent or another openly or privately despises or disapproves of the significant other of their child.

That being said, Rin's parents in particular spark our interest because she herself has a somewhat mysterious personality. It makes you wonder "How was she raised, to end up like this?"
Rin takes an unexpected lead in the updated polls.
Surprised? a little
Is this unexpected? Have you met Rin:)?
Expect the unexpected. lol
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yuurei wrote:Well, I often have to be with my boyfriend's parents (in b4 "there are no girls on the internet" or "there are no girls with a boyfriend who play bisohoujo games") but they never interpose between our relation this way. I don't see how they can make something interesting in KS but I'm curious about. What situations do you mean?
Well, I'd rather not get into details on an internet forum, but suffice it to say that I've been in a relationship with a muslim girl for several years, and her father was rather particular regarding the religion of any potential sons-in-law, let alone the issue of premarital cohabitation...

Oh, and sorry, I assumed you were male - most often it's the safe assumption to make, and a line like "Girls parents are useless" did nothing to make me doubt that assumption :roll:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Don't worry, my statement was pretty misleading. Anyway that "Girls parents are useless" is referred to Katawa Shoujo's heroines and plot.
I don't see how they can make something interesting in KS
This. :3
Like someone said it could be funny, and surely disabled girls have a particular relation with their families, but all the scenes I can think of are not very relevant to the story. Just Hanako's is a quite appropriate ruote and not simply entertainment -I wrote it before.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

meeting the parents has to be the #1 most stressful thing a teenager can do.

so i'm thinking that if the devs have a meet the parents scene, will it become a HHNNNNGGG Scene?

Poor Hisao, chap doesn't get a break
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

This is what I actually believe.
michaelangelo.jpg
michaelangelo.jpg (85.98 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

is it wrong of me to say that god really gave that guy the short stick?

I'm a bad bad person
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I think it is harder to have parents in any VN situation unless they are those of the PoV character or are there for some good comedy relief like the Kings in Shuffle! and Nagisa's father in Clannad. Oh, and include Saki's dad/your uncle(Takeaki) and your father (Keijiro) from "Snow Sakura" in that bunch. :mrgreen:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Panty Supervisor wrote:This is what I actually believe.
michaelangelo.jpg
I find it wrong that i noticed that he's showing part of his crotch in that picture.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Unless you've been living under a rock you should've seen that picture a long, long time ago and immediately noticed his crotch was showing.

Also gray I'm pretty sure renaissance artists went out of their way to leave no doubt that the nude men/boys in their sculptures and paintings were flaccid and avoid sexualizing them.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Caesius wrote:Also gray I'm pretty sure renaissance artists went out of their way to leave no doubt that the nude men/boys in their sculptures and paintings were flaccid and avoid sexualizing them.
I'm not entirely sure about the period, but I think a bit flabby was considered sexy back then...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Caesius wrote:Also gray I'm pretty sure renaissance artists went out of their way to leave no doubt that the nude men/boys in their sculptures and paintings were flaccid and avoid sexualizing them.
I'm not entirely sure about the period, but I think a bit flabby was considered sexy back then...
It was. It showed that you had plenty of food and didn't have to worry about starving. Potential partners generally preferred not starving :P

But more on topic, I can't see any of the girl's parents coming into play much. Especially for the three month span that this game is supposed to take place over. If there was a summer break or something, it'd be more likely. As it stands now, if the devs haven't even given Hisao's parents sprites then I can't see the girls parents being a factor whatsoever. It'd be nice to see how they were raised and what they're situation was/is, but I can't see it happening.

Rin will forever be a mystery. Actually, I don't think meeting her parents would solve anything anyways. It'd probably just confuse us more...
Wraith_Magus

Post by Wraith_Magus »

Esquire wrote:I can't see any of the girl's parents coming into play much. Especially for the three month span that this game is supposed to take place over. If there was a summer break or something, it'd be more likely. As it stands now, if the devs haven't even given Hisao's parents sprites then I can't see the girls parents being a factor whatsoever. It'd be nice to see how they were raised and what they're situation was/is, but I can't see it happening.

Rin will forever be a mystery. Actually, I don't think meeting her parents would solve anything anyways. It'd probably just confuse us more...
That may not necessarily be a bad thing, though. Rin's entire appeal seems to be caught up in her cloudcuckoolander thought and speech, and how generally humorous it is to see people try to react to that. Having parents who are just as impossible to understand (or total straight men who can't comprehend their daughter) may just be good comic relief and make for an entertaining read in a story that is, ultimately, about entertaining the player.