The Crucible

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

The Crucible

Post by Aura »

csi.jpg
csi.jpg (138.25 KiB) Viewed 12539 times
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2010/10/crucible.html
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Shiirn

Re: The Crucible

Post by Shiirn »

I actually laughed at that.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Lol nice one Aura.

Also, thanks for the interesting blog post... when I read the last question at the end of the post... I was somewhat stumped, I hadn't thought of an answer to that question since my university admission interview (which is about 4 yrs ago)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate

Post by Guest »

Does this confirm toilet love?

It better does.
VCR
lolbot

Post by VCR »

I think I should've clarified when I posted mine on IRC. I'm not INSPIRED by you guys. I'm INFLUENCED. Inspiration is... a whole different thing altogether.
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<
G0t0

Post by G0t0 »

2001 a space odyssey and Yume Nikki had absolutely no plot whatsoever. Not that it detracts from their stunning visuals, but can you even have that kind of visual direction in a eroge visual novel?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Fuck yeah Tsutomu Nihei. Three thumbs up to whoever put it there.
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

Faggots talking about faggot shit ITT.
hurr durr
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

So nice to see a deeper understand of all you devs who contributed. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, then that makes this thing a dictionary of 4LS.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Bara

Post by Bara »

A nice exercise and fun for us to see, but it isn't like this is the "ultimate encapsulation of 4LS" or anything. If they had done this 5 years previously I bet it'd reflect different influences. I expect the map would look much different 5 years in the future also. After all, if you aren't growing and changing you are stagnating and dieing.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

Yeah, picking out some of Aura's influences is pretty easy, but seriously... Why Matti Syrjä? Or more like: please, could you at least censor his face out? *grin*
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

The "Mummified Corpses" part interests me greatly.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

The size of the Murakami influence gives me great hope for the finished product. That is all.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Member22

Post by Member22 »

Bara wrote:A nice exercise and fun for us to see, but it isn't like this is the "ultimate encapsulation of 4LS" or anything. If they had done this 5 years previously I bet it'd reflect different influences. I expect the map would look much different 5 years in the future also. After all, if you aren't growing and changing you are stagnating and dieing.
I was thinking that as well... I think its just a snapshot of what influenced the involved devs as of now... like you said, it is dynamic, ppl get boredof certain things over time and tend to become influenced by other things instead, its how we change.

What would have been interesting was making this influence map at the beginning and at the end of KS development, while seeing how writers/devs influences changed over time... I can imagine the changes would be for the worst after working on KS for so long

What would be even better is if they did an influence map (after release) of the other works (VN's, books, anime, films) that influenced the plot/characters/art in KS
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate