About the game's erotica...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HeMeido

Re: About the game's erotica...

Post by HeMeido »

Smoku wrote:Is there a VN where you actually make a girl pregnant depending by your choice? They all seem ridiculously immune to this.
Off the top of my head, Sweet Home. I think I played another one that did, but I can't remember exactly.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Smoku wrote:Is there a VN where you actually make a girl pregnant depending by your choice? They all seem ridiculously immune to this.
Well, I don't know about "by choice", but at least in Nocturnal Illusion, the player character can sire a child with a vampire girl called Sari in one of the two Sari-related endings. The possibility of pregnancy is also acknowledged in another path where the player character won't have penetrative sex with a girl because he considers her still too young/inexperienced to become a mother.

Another english-translated VN called Critical Point likewise has at least one pregnancy ending, if the player chooses a correct path.
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

I could be wrong, but doesn't Clannad also have a wanted-pregnancy ending with Nagisa?
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, I don't know about "by choice", but at least in Nocturnal Illusion, the player character can sire a child with a vampire girl called Sari in one of the two Sari-related endings. The possibility of pregnancy is also acknowledged in another path where the player character won't have penetrative sex with a girl because he considers her still too young/inexperienced to become a mother.
I always thought the restraint with Misao was because the girl in question was a young child in an adolescent's body and the game wanted to avoid going into the child sex territory outright. (instead of merely tiptoeing the line several times as it did)

I also don't think Sari really fit into the theme of impregnating the girl during the game itself, since the baby only appears in one of her endings so it was probably conceived some time after the game's events.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

For sure "yume miru kusuri" involves that ideal. it is technically the only good ending for the character, but Mizuki does get pregnant for sure because of one of the times the characters have sex during the main portion of the story rather than something that takes place in an epilogue or such. Haven't played it for a while so I don't recall exactly what choices must be made to reach that path or not.
While I'm the one who initially proposed the question I don't even recall one that did have an immediate effect. It was just my response to "if I saw the choice of inside or out" my whole basis of choice was because I theorized that the only reason they would even give one the choice is that it will affect the story in some way. More than likely causing a pregnancy. If the devs include something like this in one of the paths where the girl does get pregnant because you made that choice once or twice (dependign on how many H-scenes there are) then I will applaud them for choosing to do so.
I also feel that it is just to convinient that someone would randomly say, "let's have sex now" without some form of protection and acting as though it is a safe day. This does get missused a lot in traditional Japanese VN's, especially ones that either have a harem ending with an orgy and such. I've ran through a fair share of different styles ranged from Kinetic with just story to one that I wish I had never seen (basically sex with no decent story) so I I have a general feel for where things get played out.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Hold up, neuman, let's not get carried away.

All this talk on the thread about realism is incredibly... dreary. I worry that over the last few thread pages too many people have been trying to burnish their 'maturity' credentials rather than actually just appreciate the game. Avoiding the 'faceless fringe' character is all very well and good, but all of this talk about pregnancies, impotence and condoms is I feel missing the point - Katawa Shoujo is a romance story, not a chapter in a school biology textbook! Don't let reality suffocate the fantasy - being too clinical about things could well harm simple enjoyment of a fun tale. No-one worries about the rubber in Bond flicks...
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

I'm not sure that there will be any direct decisions of major importance in the H-scenes. I mean, what would happen to the people who choose to skip the H-scenes?
It's true that the devs could randomize the choices for them, but if the choices lead to something as important as pregnancy and/or potentially a good end/bad end fork in the story...

I just can't see it happening.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

A game/ story cannot have 100% all pure realism. Cause it would get boring pretty fast. People wouldn't play VNs if they'd involve thinking about real stuff like condoms etc.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Smoku wrote:A game/ story cannot have 100% all pure realism. Cause it would get boring pretty fast. People wouldn't play VNs if they'd involve thinking about real stuff like condoms etc.
exactly, man. all the stuff here about pregnancy, it's really something I don't want to see or have to deal with in a VN. yeah, real life sex has consequences, and teen pregnancy is an issue, but... this is a game, or a book, or both. it doesn't have to be realistic. hell, you've got girls with blue, pink, and purple hair, and it's probably natural, so... yeah.

and besides, think about it this way: since Hisao's meds make it so he can't get it up, he's going to have to go to Nurse to deal with that. and of course Nurse seems like the kind of guy who's given the safe sex lecture to dozens, if not hundreds, of high school kids. disabled or not, Yamaku is full of teenagers, y'know. :mrgreen: it's easy to see Nurse handing Hisao a box of condoms, and saying, "Come back whenever you need more. Oh, and send your girlfriend to me too, so we can talk about birth control for her." and he'd be smiling the whole time.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Mercutio wrote:... since Hisao's meds make it so he can't get it up, he's going to have to go to Nurse to deal with that...
Actually that's only one of several possible side effects of his medication. We don't know if this specific one is going to materialize.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Alright, I understand all that you guys say. Maybe using realism is just my excuse to see a pregnancy path, because that does create a whole other mood to a story. So in short, I would like to see a pregnacy path for one of the girls; maybe Emi. and that's not only because I wrote a fic on that topic.

Back to the original topic, I could see maybe 1-2 of the scenes taking place in obscure locations. The art room almost seems like a definite to me for the Rin path, possible tea room for Hanako with the ever so popular Lilly walking in on them and she doesn't know what's going on as Hisao covers Hanako's mouth before she makes a sound that would tip her off, and why do I feel like someone will be outside; just seems like something one person would do. (Emi on the roof, not many people go up there you know and such a well known place to have sex too)

Man, my ranking list might eventually change with how i've been acting lately.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Lol sense tingling...
A dev or devs laughs at us for our talks!
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

On that note neumanproductions. I bet Shizune's place will be the student council room.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Smoku wrote:Lol sense tingling...
Crap. Busted. :oops:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Silentcook wrote:
Smoku wrote:Lol sense tingling...
Crap. Busted. :oops:
As SC madly edits all the paths so the girls only have sex in Hisao's dorm room. Whats the first rule of Figh... errr, sex scenes? Don't talk about sex scenes. :mrgreen:

(So please, speculate as wildly as you want about Hisao and Kenji sex scenes so SC will delete them all.) :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?