Post by Bara »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
EternalLurker wrote:Aura: 1921
cpl_crud: 1688
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bara: 1160
Snicket: 1021

Pretty safe margin so far.
I don't think it would be very good PR to ban Katawa Shoujo's #1 entry in their Folding@Home team, given that Bara is responsible for nearly 10% of the entire team total...
Pfft, like any of that matters. Any one of the Devs with the right board access could decide they don't like the way my sentences are not really sentences, but sentence fragments awkwardly strung together with half-assed punctuation and ban me for that reason or any other reason they pleased. Not like I'd stop folding or anything over something that would be their call. These forums are the Devs sandbox and I only play here on their sufferance. It is the same on any forum or site on the internet.

And to make a feeble attempt to honor the ghost of the purpose of this thread... I still like Emi. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by Aura »

I think the comparison (and the threat of a resulting ban) is rather unfair though, since we tend to use forums relatively little compared to other mediums and it's the fanbase's primary (and almost the only) form of interaction. I don't think it'd be difficult at all to go at about double my post frequency and to catch me in ~year while keeping up a decent quality of posts, since a vast majority of the talking about the project I do is on IRC. Bara certainly is trying.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Thanks for the support Aura. :)
Now back to being on topic I had thise question that has i've been pondering. As you all know by my sig Misha counts on my list of favorite girls. Seeing the poll here once again basically confirms my thoughts that she is the most disliked; despite the poll manipulation probably.
The question is:
If you knew that Misha was going to have her own path, (I know that's not going to happen) but just pretend she was like one of the other 5 girls, do you believe that you would rate her higher than some of the other girls? This question can answer my hypothesis that we want something more when we know we can get it, and like something less when we know we can't get it.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

neumanproductions wrote:Thanks for the support Aura. :)
Now back to being on topic I had thise question that has i've been pondering. As you all know by my sig Misha counts on my list of favorite girls. Seeing the poll here once again basically confirms my thoughts that she is the most disliked; despite the poll manipulation probably.
The question is:
If you knew that Misha was going to have her own path, (I know that's not going to happen) but just pretend she was like one of the other 5 girls, do you believe that you would rate her higher than some of the other girls? This question can answer my hypothesis that we want something more when we know we can get it, and like something less when we know we can't get it.
In my current "list of favorite girls", Misha would be between Emi (#4) and Shizune (#5). So... #4.5? In any case, if she had a route, she'd keep that position, below Emi and above Shizune, though I'd certainly like her a bit more, not just because of the fact that she'd then have a route, as you said, but because she would get more character development. Maybe.

Of course, she might get that in Shizune's route as well, so... hm. I guess we'll see when KS is released.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Bara

Post by Bara »

neumanproductions wrote:The question is:
In the situation you describe, whether I decided I liked Misha or not would be based on the same criteria I judged all the other characters on. How does the fully developed character appeal to me with my personal biases and experiences. Is the character well written enough to let me set aside my sense of disbelief and enjoy the story. Are her sprites as appealing to my tastes as the other girls are. I know in the past some people have expressed rejection of Misha based purely on her sprites; calling her "fat","too thick bodied", etcetera. (Not that I want to open up the Fat Misha thread again. It is just a good example of differing tastes and individuals weighing different parts of KS differently.)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

neumanproductions wrote:Thanks for the support Aura. :)
The question is:
I do believe yes, she would be more liked than some of the girls, I'm pretty sure that some people didn't vote her because Misha hasn't a path.
Hell, if she'd had one I would need to reconsider who I like more again, if, as stated by Bara, her story is well written enough.
PS: I don't see how Misha is fat, srsly, looks pretty well to me.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Oh, naturally. Knowing she'd be utilized more, people would take a more vested interest in her.

And Misha isn't fat, the rest of the girls are twigs. >_>
Going by physical factors only, Misha is probably my favorite, now that I think on it...
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

I do believe yes, she would be more liked than some of the girls, I'm pretty sure that some people didn't vote her because Misha hasn't a path.
Hell, if she'd had one I would need to reconsider who I like more again, if, as stated by Bara, her story is well written enough.
Maybe there'll be no full-blown Katawa Shoujo 2, but perhaps there might be the more moderate endeavour of the K.S. Expansion Set: Driller Killer, modding in a sixth path? ;)
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Misha would be between Hanako and Emi. So Shizune > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Emi. Not really a fan of excessively "loud" or "quiet" girls.
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

kapparomeo wrote:
Maybe there'll be no full-blown Katawa Shoujo 2, but perhaps there might be the more moderate endeavour of the K.S. Expansion Set: Driller Killer, modding in a sixth path? ;)
Lol'd at "Driller Killer"
Anyways, now a Kenji expansion set is necessary, including whiskey and manliness.

Misha on my favorite list would be in the same place as Shizune, making it something like this... Hanako < Shizune = Misha < Lilly = Emi < Rin.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
Saber

Post by Saber »

My favorite girl is definitely Lilly. I have always had a thing for the older sister type. I also like her personality, being more refined then the rest of the characters. I think it was mentioned in the demo that she may have been to a all girls private school type, where the teach proper posture and educate. Or at least that's what the protagonist thought to himself, I believe. The way she presents herself is the main reason that I like her most of all out of the rest.
Yarr

Post by Yarr »

I'm not too sure about my favourite being Emi or Shizune, I like them both for different reasons. I voted for Shizune a while ago though.

Misha would be third for me: after Emi and Shizune and before Rin.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Bara wrote: (Not that I want to open up the Fat Misha thread again. It is just a good example of differing tastes and individuals weighing different parts of KS differently.)
Har har. Or should I say Ara ara.
Katsuu

Post by Katsuu »

I like Misha... in fact, I have a friend quite a lot like her, even in the physical aspect. Well, except for the laugh, but I don't find that annoying (maybe just because it's text xD). Not to mention, crazy hair is a big plus for me. Now all she needs is a black belt is karate. :D
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

The problem with Misha is that she's a part of Shizune. She much more closer to her than even Lilly is to Hanako. Misha is Shizune's ears, and her voice. Her connection to the outside world. In this way, Misha is less of a character than any other path girl. Making a Misha path would be difficult as the writer would have to work within these constraints.
Bara wrote:(It is just a good example of differing tastes and individuals weighing different parts of KS differently.)
Mr. Caruso? I believe you're needed on set.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.