STAB TIME!: Katawa Shoujo Yandere Fun-Happy Knife Frenzy!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which character is most likely to go loco?

Emi
3%
Rin
3%
Shizune
3%
Lilly
3%
Hanako
36%
Misha
22%
Kenji
20%
Nurse
4%
Mutou
1%
Yuuko
4%

Total votes: 334

kapparomeo

Re: STAB TIME!: Katawa Shoujo Yandere Fun-Happy Knife Frenzy!

Post by kapparomeo »

I'm genuinely surprised that not more people have seen Mutou as a likely lunatic - while I put my own vote down for Emi, given the teacher's dispirited nature he always struck me as a close second to begin the nihilistic spiral into an abyss of existential aaaaaaaaaannnggggsssstttt. I suppose his enervated character makes people think that he would collapse in on himself rather than explode out over others.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

Well, it depends I think. Let's start with the most voted one, Hanako. If Hisao and Hanako start a love relationship, the chances of her going crazy I'd say are lowered, as she has someone to comprehend her (If Lilly isn't enough), and I disagree with the description about her of the topic creator, shy and antisocial persons tend to need times when no one is around them. (As a shy and antisocial person, I enjoy a lot those times of total loneliness with no one around me saying: "HEYHOWAREYOUI'MFINEHEYYOULOOKSADISTHERESOMETHINGICANDOFORYOU?NO?SURE?OKAYTHENI'LLJUSTSTICKAROUNDYOUANDSHOUTANDLAUGHEVERY5SECONDS", that leaves us very exhausted).
Vice versa, if she shows love for Hisao, but he doesn't, then she may pick up a knife and go backstabbing people, if her sanity goes boom, of course.

I vote for Mutou, heck, working as something you don't like can be truly depressing, the way he's depicted leaves it clear that it's a man who just continues his life because things can't go worse anymore I think, but then a time will reach when he will go fdsgds and start with the slaughter, in my opinion.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

EternalLurker wrote: And somehow I don't see even the arrhythmic Hisao losing to someone wielding a knife with her teeth.
I always saw Rin as lashing out with whirlwind neck-snapping roundhouse kicks, or using the edge of her canines instead of the edge of a blade, and going straight for the jugular.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

I cannot exactly picture any of the girls actually going yandere, but the prime choice would surely be Hanako. The shy girls are usually the ones, you see.

I'd also say Emi, but I'm not exactly sure why... perhaps it is because she is a loli, or at least gives the feeling of one.

Don't ask me how this makes sense.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

They ALL go yandere. At the same time. And the boys defend themselves with guns. It would be like "Dawn of the Pissed Off Crippled Girls".
Still voted for Hanako, though. It just makes sense.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Minister of Gloom wrote:They ALL go yandere. At the same time. And the boys defend themselves with guns. It would be like "Dawn of the Pissed Off Crippled Girls".
Zombie, crippled, moe?? Hasn't that been done already?? :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
nobody inmportant

Post by nobody inmportant »

I really don't get the whole Hanako Yandere thing... She seems more likely to go in the opposite direction and rather than become murderously insane, she winds up suicidally depressed if things really go that far south for her. At which point LILLY might pick up a knife and take it upon herself to make the people who drove Hanako to suicide pay, but....

Really, the only circumstances I can see Hanako going psycho in is if her self-image keeps deteriorating to the point where she refuses to come out in public and becomes savagely defensive at the possibility of anyone seeing her. "Stop looking at me! STOP LOOKING AT ME!"

Kenji's SO the most likely to flip out it's not even funny. He's already been shown to be a reclusive paranoid with a hair-trigger temper... That he's not ALREADY a danger to himself and others is surprising.

Shizune... I can't see her killing people. Losing her temper and hitting someone, yes, but not snapping and stabbing them. On the other hand, once she crosses that line, even if by accident, there's no going back. Nobody can know. Nobody can tell. No witnesses. No survivors.

I'm surprised Hisao himself isn't on the list of poll options. A stranger in a strange land, lost, adrift, and ultimately alone, surrounded by these people, these lunatics, these FREAKS who say he BELONGS with them... One of us, one of us... No more. NO MORE. No more of that machiavellian bitch Shizune pushing around. No more of Misha's hyena laughter. No more walking on eggshells around Hanako. No more of that creepy asshole nurse pretending to be his friend. No more of Kenji's tinfoil hattery. No more trying to figure out Rin's crazy moonthink. No more of Emi's passive-aggressive bullshit. No more of Mutou's midlife crisis. No more lifting his pinky every time Lilly walks by. No more of Yuuko's clumsy spaz attacks. No more. No more. NO MORE. As the campus floods with blood, his hear beats faster, and faster, and harder, and HARDER and FASTER, until finally, it explodes, and he barely notices it past Yuuko's screams until his world starts to go black and he collapses, clutching his chest, atop his final victim, shoving the knife in with the weight of his own falling body.
a3d

Post by a3d »

Why do I not find it surprising that everyone voted for Hanako. So the quiet ones are really crazy huh?

But in all honesty, unless Hanako had a GIANT mindfuck I seriously doubt she would ever even consider acting so wildly, she's too shy for that sort of thing.As it was said before, she would sooner turn to the opposite end and consider suicide instead of murder. Kenji shouldn't be on that list, because if he were to become "Yandere" it would imply he has romantic interest in Hisao. While that prospect excites me very much so, it's not going to happen.

For some reason I think Shizune or Lilly have the highest chance of going Yandere due to the fact that they are both fierce if the situation requires it, and both have a side which we haven't seen (That's at least how I feel)
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Well, when I used "yandere" in the thread title and first post it wasn't necessarily in a romantic context, rather I used it as an easy way to evoke the general atmosphere of stab-happy spree killers gone postal to the forum, as most of us are familiar with anime. For instance, Mutou clearly doesn't have even have the slightest implicit interest in Hisao but I still discuss the possibility of him cracking under the burden of his self-loathing: even if he never got to write his insightful research papers, he can still get his name about with eternal local infamy for a bloody massacring rampage!
-Sir Alan Lascelles
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

After reading this page it reminds me so much of School Days. I have stated in the past that I didn't want or think there would be endings like that but seeing what you guys have come up with and the recent Rape Scene clarification by Cpl_crud I have a feeling that it is not that unlikely.

For those of you who know about School Days, I'm going to admit that I could see an exact mirror in these actions:

Hanako = Kotonoha Katsura
Lilly = Sekai Saionji
Hisao = Makoto Ito

The most famous ending is where Sekai sets Ito up with Kotonoha. Later on Sekai secretly steals Ito away from Kotonoha...bla bla bla... Sekai says she is pregnant with Ito's child, Kotonoha goes crazy and kills Ito then kills Sekai and cuts open her womb proving there was no baby. Then Kotonoha sails away on a NICE BOAT with Makoto's severed head in her arms.

Do you see how similiar this story can be...scary huh... Oh, and check these School Days comics and pretend Kotonoha is Hanako, Comic 1 Comic 2
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)