What you wouldn't have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lawls

Re: What you don't want to happen in the story

Post by Lawls »

Aura wrote:It should be pretty obvious from just Act 1 that identity and trauma are primary themes in the game, regardless of path, so the OP confuses me a bit.
I would say this is for things like "I Hope Hakamichi's path won't have its climax at her brother solving his issue in the game" or "I hope Ikezawa's story doesn't end with "and so Ikezawa learned to love herself the end""
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
TipsyRooster

Re: What you wouldn't want to happen in the story

Post by TipsyRooster »

Wokka wrote:Something that's done in nearly every VN I've read: Everyone's a virgin but they're willing to have sex with the main character immediately (well, within a dew days of meeting/starting to date). I find it unrealistic that you could pull a random group of 6 18-19 year old high school seniors and every one of them is a virgin.

Other than that, overdoing the effects of Hisao's medications. I'm on the same drugs he would be and have had a whopping 3 side-effects in 3 years. Only 1 was big enough to change medicines. Just because a side-effect is possible doesn't mean it must happen and doesn't mean it'll be the worst possible incarnation of the side-effect.

Wokka
Kenji isn't.
Which means Misha isn't.
Cockadoodle...hic!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If you read the dialogue in Throwing Balls, it's really unlikely that Misha was Kenji's girlfriend. Kenji didn't even know about Shizune and Misha except for rumours, and it's likely he would have kept close tabs on "that dangerous succubus who almost killed him."
That said, the pairing is too god to pass up. I doubt it's going to happen in the game, but there's always Fanfiction ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Mirage_GSM wrote:If you read the dialogue in Throwing Balls, it's really unlikely that Misha was Kenji's girlfriend. Kenji didn't even know about Shizune and Misha except for rumours, and it's likely he would have kept close tabs on "that dangerous succubus who almost killed him."
That said, the pairing is too god to pass up. I doubt it's going to happen in the game, but there's always Fanfiction ;-)
Oh, maybe she was his girlfriend, but he didn't know that because he is practically blind and batshit crazy? I mean, I can totally see him having a girlfriend and not knowing her name. Or what color her hair is.

About the 18 years old virgins comment above, I think really answering this question would require us to know more about Japan's teen culture. Do they have sex early in general? I mean, just here in Israel, itsy bitsy country that it is, in some places you will get laughed at if you are virgin by 14, and in some places you will be forever considered a barbaric whore for having sex before wedding.
So it might not be that unlikely.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

I understood that Yuuko was Kenji's girlfriend - she was trying to help a lonely, unhappy boy and bring him out of isolation with some tenderness, only for her well-meaning amateur therapy to backfire messily and drive Kenji into the Jack D. Ripper ("deny them my essence") state that we find him in. Is that right or do I have the wrong end of the stick completely?
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

kapparomeo wrote:I understood that Yuuko was Kenji's girlfriend - she was trying to help a lonely, unhappy boy and bring him out of isolation with some tenderness, only for her well-meaning amateur therapy to backfire messily and drive Kenji into the Jack D. Ripper ("deny them my essence") state that we find him in. Is that right or do I have the wrong end of the stick completely?
This theory has also been thrown around. As one of the only non path girls in act 1, a lot support this pairing, with Misha being the other favorite. Personally, I think it's a character who wasn't in act 1. And she may never be mentioned again. Or Kenji could have a running joke with him explaining a different outlandish reason for hating women every time when asked.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

With the exception of Hisao in bad ends, I really hope none of the characters end up dying, especially as part of their "good" ends. This is what one might call the Key Phenomenon. It can be an effective tearjerker (I'll admit to bawwwing like a bitch when it happened to Nagisa and Makoto), but it's so played out in VNs by now it's not even funny.

Relatedly, I also hope the story stays strictly realistic - i.e. no out-of-place magical/supernatural elements. I do love a good hallucination or dream sequence, though.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Lawls

Post by Lawls »

I hope that post act one you can choose more than a single choice to advance the story instead of risking Nakai flipping his shit and bad end
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Lawls wrote:I hope that post act one you can choose more than a single choice to advance the story instead of risking Nakai flipping his shit and bad end
Put it in? [y/n]
>y

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

Minister of Gloom wrote:About the 18 years old virgins comment above, I think really answering this question would require us to know more about Japan's teen culture. Do they have sex early in general? I mean, just here in Israel, itsy bitsy country that it is, in some places you will get laughed at if you are virgin by 14, and in some places you will be forever considered a barbaric whore for having sex before wedding.
So it might not be that unlikely.
Wouldn't those same societal pressures that kept them from having sex before now, continue to pressure them a few weeks or a month from now?

I understand what you are saying, I'm in Ohio...I can drive 20 minutes and find an Amish community where a girl would be ostracized for even the suspicion of pre-marital sex, or I can drive 20 minutes and pick up two whores and some cocaine. Another 30 minutes will get me to the site of the original Hustler club.

Since this is an eroge, we can assume the 5 path girls and the main character are all people willing to engage in pre-marital sex (unless this suddenly becomes a rape game). I think it's reasonable that they would have already engaged.

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka

EDiot

Post by EDiot »

Wokka wrote:Something that's done in nearly every VN I've read: Everyone's a virgin but they're willing to have sex with the main character immediately (well, within a dew days of meeting/starting to date). I find it unrealistic that you could pull a random group of 6 18-19 year old high school seniors and every one of them is a virgin.

Other than that, overdoing the effects of Hisao's medications. I'm on the same drugs he would be and have had a whopping 3 side-effects in 3 years. Only 1 was big enough to change medicines. Just because a side-effect is possible doesn't mean it must happen and doesn't mean it'll be the worst possible incarnation of the side-effect.

Wokka
We are talking about disabled students here. as much as we can pretend that society is politically correct, it isn't. The girls may not be considered attractive by the standards of most because of their impairments. Hakano's scars and crippling shyness, makes me pretty much certain that she's a virgin. Rin is next most likely, as I could see how she would drive away boys with her... Rin-ness. That, and she is noted as being not particularly attractive. The other girls I could go either way on, as they have personalities and appearances that wouldn't drive away boys, and their disabilities are less obvious than those of the other two. I consider Shizune least likely to be a virgin, because of her dominating personality and (relative) maturity.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

When people talk about "realism" and fiction I always get this "durrr" feeling. I'm not even talking about killing catgirls or Imperial Stormtrooper Academy sharpshooting course, but just regular willing suspension of disbelief with ordinary everyday things. A story defines what's realistic within its setting by itself, provided it's well enough crafted. If we consider every character in KS being a virgin unrealistic (I'm not saying every character is a virgin, because every character is not), would adding a token non-virgin suddenly make the setup realistic?

KS is still a ren'ai game (kinda) and hisao is the true love for each of the five girls (kinda). You also have to remember that this is not a random group of 18-19 year old high schoolers. The students at Yamaku are disabled, many are actually crippled and just as many have body-consciousness, self-esteem or identity issues even if they are bright and happy on the outside. There's some thread about "would you date a disabled person" on this board, which already implies that there's a barrier between disabled and non-disabled people, not to say anything about immature teens. There's of course always the rest of yamaku's students to pick from but still.

Also this thread nicely displays what hype does to a project.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Aura wrote:Also this thread nicely displays what hype does to a project.
Yeah, wassat? Build up a "hardcore fanbase" to outrage when the game finally comes out?

I doubt many people will be disappointed with the final project though, despite the paranoia displayed in this thread.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Aura wrote:If we consider every character in KS being a virgin unrealistic (I'm not saying every character is a virgin, because every character is not), would adding a token non-virgin suddenly make the setup realistic?
DUN DUN DUUUUN

I wonder how the community will take this quote.

P.S. Don't worry Aura the game will be god tier.

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Lawls wrote:I wonder how the community will take this quote.
In the butt.