Shizune's Path

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Acwose

Shizune's Path

Post by Acwose »

I just finished Shizune's path for a second time and had some thoughts. I loved the path, so in no way do I mean to be negative. It's my second favorite path right after RIn's.

Call me old-fashion or weird, but did anyone else feel somewhat bad that Shizune and even Misha seemed to pay for your food most the time in this path? I know they are just friends at that point and not dating. But, I still feel bad having my friends foot the bill at all. At least at the festival with other girls you paid for some of the food.

More so, Misha seems to take advantage whenever Shizune treats. Hiaso: Orders something small. Misha: "Come on, Shizune's paying, get what you want." I loved the path, but this felt kinda odd to me.

Another thought. Lilly is in a class for blind students, wouldn't there logically be a class for deaf students. By the sound of it, Mutou rambles alot more than he writes. Sure, Misha can translate what he's saying. But, Shizune was in Mutou's class before Misha transferred in. I just thought Shizune would feel more comfortable, before Misha came, in a classroom where the teacher signed.

Sorry for grammar issues, very tired right now.
Darroth

Re: Shizune's Path

Post by Darroth »

Isn't it normal for hosts to pay for their guest?

Also, it may simply be that there aren't enough deaf students to warrant a separate class.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Misha's probably used to Shizune paying for most of their food. And it was probably Shizune who started this. I haven't played the game for a while, but does Hisao feel bad for having her pay for him? If so then this has been thought out carefully by A22.

On your other point, Shizune would be much better suited for a deaf class. There might be a deaf class, but Shizune either requested to be placed in Hisao's class, or there were other circumstances which account for that. Or there is no deaf class, but with a specialized facility such as Yamaku, one would think that they would receive a decent amount of hearing impaired students, and would be equipped as such.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Acwose

Post by Acwose »

I guess it's normal for hosts to pay, more so if they are dragging you there. haha. But it still felt odd for me, again I'm slight old-fashion and hate the thought of people even friends paying for me. More so when Shizune used her money in a game to make us carry her books. Then again, Misha and Shizune have a thing for gambling it seems which I find cute. It just felt odd having money pop up so much. Again, this is probably just me and it didn't make it a less fun path (Shizune makes me so happy). I wonder though, when they start dating, if Hiaso will become more aware of how Shizune is paying...if she continues that is.

As for the deaf class. I guess that it could be there aren't enough students. Or for other reasons.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Shizune is either bribing Hisao with food or fighting him in a fierce battle to avoid paying the bill, so I don't think it really matters.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

I just assumed that Shizune came from a somewhat wealthy family. :L
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Halkure wrote:I just assumed that Shizune came from a somewhat wealthy family. :L
There was some speculation on this a while back.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... lit=loaded
I remember something about a wager during one scene. She said that Hisao would be unable to match her wager if they played for money.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Acwose wrote:Another thought. Lilly is in a class for blind students, wouldn't there logically be a class for deaf students. By the sound of it, Mutou rambles alot more than he writes. Sure, Misha can translate what he's saying. But, Shizune was in Mutou's class before Misha transferred in. I just thought Shizune would feel more comfortable, before Misha came, in a classroom where the teacher signed.
If my (very faulty) memory serves me correctly there was a mention by one of the Devs(?) that Shizune did not get along with the other deaf students or maybe it was she refused to be in a "hearing impaired only" class. It was long ago, so any one with a better memory or a link to that thread please correct me...
But basically, I remember the general thrust of the discussion indicating that while there are other hearing impaired students and special classes for them like the kids in Lilly's class; Shizune is in Muto's classroom by her own choice. My personal theory is she was harassed about her brother Hideaki. But that is absolute 100% wild guesses till we see the full story.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Regarding Shizune's access to money - remember that Yamaku Academy is a private school. While a lot of such institutions do have bursary schemes to give financial assistance to poorer applicants (Hisao's probably a beneficiary of this seeing as he went to an ordinary "concrete-block" state school before his heart attack), and it's likely that Yamaku gets extra bungs to extend that on account of its status as a special school, it's safe to assume that the majority of the pupils come from well-off families - if not rich, then at least comfortably middle-class.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Bara wrote:If my (very faulty) memory serves me correctly there was a mention by one of the Devs(?) that Shizune did not get along with the other deaf students or maybe it was she refused to be in a "hearing impaired only" class. It was long ago, so any one with a better memory or a link to that thread please correct me...
I don't know about the devs, but I remember reading that line in one of the fanfics just a few days ago. Don't remember which one though. Probably bottom of page two or top of page three given my current progress...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

If my (very faulty) memory serves me correctly there was a mention by one of the Devs(?) that Shizune did not get along with the other deaf students or maybe it was she refused to be in a "hearing impaired only" class. It was long ago, so any one with a better memory or a link to that thread please correct me...
But basically, I remember the general thrust of the discussion indicating that while there are other hearing impaired students and special classes for them like the kids in Lilly's class; Shizune is in Muto's classroom by her own choice. My personal theory is she was harassed about her brother Hideaki. But that is absolute 100% wild guesses till we see the full story.
Actually, what I recall is that there IS a deaf class at Yamaku, but it was already full, so Shizune was placed in a normal class. I'm pretty sure that line came from the developers.

As for the paying...I believe it only happened twice. The first time at the Shanghai, Shizune wanted to rope Hisao into the student council, so she'd probably try and get off on the right foot with him. The second time was after Hisao, Misha and Shizzy finished putting all those stalls together at Shizzy's request, so it's not illogical she felt she owed the others at least a little snack. The second time at Shanghai, I don't think she was planning to pay for it...it was part of her little competition with Hisao.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I just figured her paying was her way of wearing the pants in the little menage-a-trois.We'll just have to see if Misha mentions 'She never used to splash out like this' or the like to conclude if Hisao's behind the niceties.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Guest Poster wrote:...The second time was after Hisao, Misha and Shizzy finished putting all those stalls together at Shizzy's request, so it's not illogical she felt she owed the others at least a little snack.
Been a while, but I got the impression the reward was paid out of council funds, too.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:...The second time was after Hisao, Misha and Shizzy finished putting all those stalls together at Shizzy's request, so it's not illogical she felt she owed the others at least a little snack.
Been a while, but I got the impression the reward was paid out of council funds, too.
It's not like anyone else is going to spend them.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

ContinualNaba wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
It's not like anyone else is going to spend them.
Where do the funds come from anyways?
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!