About the game's erotica...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lurk moar

Re: About the game's erotica...

Post by lurk moar »

It's always a little sad when some content gets cut out from a work. Maybe it was because the content was crap, but even then it shows the thought process behind what went into making the final product. You know, like finding a pre-publication manuscript of a popular work, and then seeing some elements in it that never made it into the final draft, but help explain why certain things ended up being the way they did.

I'll join into the opinion that author commentary is a pretty cool idea once everything is released.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

the thing is, a lot of stuff that gets cut from or changed in creative works gets cut or changed for a really, really good reason. for example, didja know that Luke Skywalker's character was originally named "Justin Valor", and his sidekick was his little brother, named... wait for it... "Bink"? and the droids were originally two stupid diplomats.

I think the KS equivalent would be something like Hisao having problems in the art club on Rin's path 'cause he can't actually draw or paint, something that when it was written seemed like a good way to get some drama and character development going but after a while just doesn't work. I"m totally good with commentary from the writers and artists on the finished product, but y'know, scrapped stuff gets that name for a reason. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I sometimes like watching the scenes that didn't make it into a movie when I buy a DVD. I bought all the SEs of LotR for that reason. But with movies most of those scenes don't make it into the movie because the movie would become too long or because of budget restraints. Neither should be a problem with KS, so if a scene is rejected, it is almost certainly because it was really bad or didn't fir the characters. Such scenes I can do without.
A podcast would be interesting, though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I'm actually more interested in how you managed to successfully write a compelling reason for Hisao to be driven to rape someone, anyone. What did you do to the boy to make him that twisted? Or is he just desperate due to the 'Might die a virgin, y'know'?

Or maybe you found it wasn't compelling or realistic or even within the scope of belief, hence the scraping?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

All I'll say on the matter is that "rape" covers a variety of actions and circumstances.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Suriko wrote:All I'll say on the matter is that "rape" covers a variety of actions and circumstances.
True. But do any of the game's h-scenes include anything from this set of actions and circumstances that qualify as rape? I don't expect an answer, it just seems that your response is ambiguous enough to leave room for this. And it is also objective, rape differs from one person to the next, to how it is defined in different laws in different countries. Perhaps, an h-scene in the game is right on the edge, some players will consider it rape and cry foul, and others will not see a problem, or find justification.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

I can see Hisao and Shizune being very aggressive with each other. Very very aggressive. Tearing chunks out of each other. I bet there'll be biting too. Rough rough sex.

Great stuff.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Yeah, you can see definitely Shizune as saying "If you want me, you're gonna have to take me!". Hisao must prove his worthiness to commune with the goddess by manly feats of strength. ;)

I wonder if it might actually be exactly the opposite case, though - Hisao does remark that despite Shizune's sharp treatment of others in the course of student council duties, she is actually quite cute and personable once you get past that. Perhaps after being so highly-strung in other aspects of life, time with Hisao is the one occasion when Shizune can shuck off her stern shell and relax?
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Okay, the rape would have had to been on the Shizune path where Misha can't stand being ignored anymore and forces Hisao to have sex with her, where he dies in the process. That is a good comback for how easily he picks Shizune over Misha on the ending of the first act. Just seems to me that Misha has her own feelings to consider and this is not one of Kosher's fics so she can't be labled as a Lesbian...for the time being.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

I definitely can't see this game being too violent on the sex front, just doesn't seem like that type of production. I could see couple of "bad end" type of rape scenes happening, that would always lead to Hisao's death, and maybe an isolated, loose scene with Miki molesting someone with her stump. :lol:

As for fetishes, I could see the devs using S&M maybe for some sort of comic relief. Like maybe some sort of embarrassing revelation about the things that Misha & Shizune do when no one's watching ( :twisted: ), or maybe Rin wanting to experiment with something funky. I can see it now: Rin wearing studded leathers, and then holding a whip in her mouth with a puzzled look on her face, trying her best to figure out how she could swing the damn thing.

But overall, I think that we'll mostly likely be getting My Lovely Ghost Kana / Season of the Sakura-type of material. I can't see this VN being an all-out sex fest, what with the good build-up and everything that the Act 1 demo already did.
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:I definitely can't see this game being too violent on the sex front, just doesn't seem like that type of production. I could see couple of "bad end" type of rape scenes happening, that would always lead to Hisao's death, and maybe an isolated, loose scene with Miki molesting someone with her stump. :lol:

As for fetishes, I could see the devs using S&M maybe for some sort of comic relief. Like maybe some sort of embarrassing revelation about the things that Misha & Shizune do when no one's watching ( :twisted: ), or maybe Rin wanting to experiment with something funky. I can see it now: Rin wearing studded leathers, and then holding a whip in her mouth with a puzzled look on her face, trying her best to figure out how she could swing the damn thing.

But overall, I think that we'll mostly likely be getting My Lovely Ghost Kana / Season of the Sakura-type of material. I can't see this VN being an all-out sex fest, what with the good build-up and everything that the Act 1 demo already did.
Glad I'm not the only one who connected S&M with Shizune and Misha. They just scream that particular aura for some reason. I don't know if fetishes will be in the actual game, though, as people would get mad if their favorite girl came with their most hated fetish.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Kazuki wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who connected S&M with Shizune and Misha.
:shock:

EDIT: Sorry, I probably need to get the fuck off of 4chan one of these days.
Last edited by Csihar on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Which in turn suggests, which one will be the dominating one, and which will take the beating? Oh, the sweet taste of unjustified overinterpretation :P
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Wrench Wench wrote:I can see Hisao and Shizune being very aggressive with each other. Very very aggressive. Tearing chunks out of each other. I bet there'll be biting too. Rough rough sex.

Great stuff.
Amen!
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

NoOne3 wrote:Which in turn suggests, which one will be the dominating one, and which will take the beating? Oh, the sweet taste of unjustified overinterpretation :P
I would imagine that it would be Shizune giving the beatings. Plus, out of all that girls, Misha is the one that needs to be gagged.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."