What about a Katawa Shoujo role play forum ?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Aris

What about a Katawa Shoujo role play forum ?

Post by Aris »

Hullo,

Lurking on the Yamaku student generator topic, I have think of a more or less similar idea : a role play forum on a Yamaku-like school context, and so where gamers would create and play their own cripples students (or teachers and nurses). Like I see things now, It should be done on external forum of this one (of course, I would say, but let's make things precises directly). It could be directly linked to the context of the game and take place in Yamaku school, or be set in a different imaginary school, but on all cases, characters from the game would not be in it.

I have check Google et nothing like this seems to already be made. But because I'm not an english native like the most of the fanbase who would like to play on this forum, I can hardly lead the idea myself, so I'm throwing it at you, for discussing of it and if there are some people who have the will to try it.
kosherbacon

Re: What about a Katawa Shoujo role play forum ?

Post by kosherbacon »

Have you been here yet? There's an ongoing RPG but it's had some troubles of its own, including a missing GM. I do enjoy making up Yamaku-esque characters, though. Hell, I've got an extra school full of them.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I do,
but by "role play forum" I don't mean stuff with stats, but ones which you play only with text and imaginary
A random example
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That would be a freeform roleplay. It's still a type of roleplay. There is no need for a separate subforum to handle these; there have been several RP threads here of varying levels of stat-intensiveness, and there isn't nearly enough interest to justify a subforum solely for RPing anyway.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Yeah, it can stay to a single thread - even as great an idea as it is, there just isn't that much of a roleplaying community here. Frankly, I'd be more worried about finding a place for the CYOA threads.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Can't see much demand for a devoted subforum. Look at the number of KS games going on right now. One. That's it. The last RPG thread? Died off months before that one started.

If you have a burning need to do some KS RPing, set up a channel or something and get people in.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

To be frank, if roleplay activity picked up and grew to higher levels than current, it WOULD have to move off these forums.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Please don't.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

kosherbacon wrote:Have you been here yet? There's an ongoing RPG but it's had some troubles of its own, including a missing GM. I do enjoy making up Yamaku-esque characters, though. Hell, I've got an extra school full of them.
The RPG's going pretty well, considering our loss. I'm really liking it.

But yeah, I see no reason to have an RP subforum when we have only one active one. Unless this thread spawns twelve more.
Kyruel

Post by Kyruel »

I tried making a KS thread on another site a few times. Only my most recent attempt took off, but it died quickly.

http://roleplayerguild.com/f8/katawa-shoujo-58381/