what will you do when the game comes out?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Lawls wrote:what will you do when the game comes out?
I'll download it and complete it. Duh.
Wrench Wench

Re: what will you do when the game comes out?

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I kind of doubt he was really serious... Waifu is funny and all but... I don't know. Is he really serious? Would it be extremely offensive if I said this is sort of bordering on the creepy if he is? It is just a game... A good game, but still...
Just look at how seriously many of the Japanese take it. Then you will loose all hope in humanity.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I myself refer to characters and celebrities as"mai waifu" mainly to weird out my flesh and blood girlfriend. She endures a lot.

Also, Akira = <3
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I kind of doubt he was really serious... Waifu is funny and all but... I don't know. Is he really serious? Would it be extremely offensive if I said this is sort of bordering on the creepy if he is? It is just a game... A good game, but still...
He is serious, no doubt.
Hanako Lover
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

To throw my 2¢ into the discussion, I only throw out a waifu claim when I'm trying to be sarcastically weaboo and such (see signature), but it goes towards you understanding what you want out of a partner when you search for one later on in life. For example, I'll list the characters whom I've claimed as "waifu": Shizune, Horo (Spice and Wolf), and C.C. (Code Geass). All I take from it is that I want an assertive, strong girl who can keep me engaged mentally. Now does that mean I'll hold my breath for a deaf-mute immortal wolf-girl in bondage gear locked in a pod in the trunk of my car? No, but I'll keep the qualities that made me attracted to those characters in mind and hope to find their human analogues.
静音是买外夫
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Warwick wrote:To throw my 2¢ into the discussion, I only throw out a waifu claim when I'm trying to be sarcastically weaboo and such (see signature), but it goes towards you understanding what you want out of a partner when you search for one later on in life. For example, I'll list the characters whom I've claimed as "waifu": Shizune, Horo (Spice and Wolf), and C.C. (Code Geass). All I take from it is that I want an assertive, strong girl who can keep me engaged mentally. Now does that mean I'll hold my breath for a deaf-mute immortal wolf-girl in bondage gear locked in a pod in the trunk of my car? No, but I'll keep the qualities that made me attracted to those characters in mind and hope to find their human analogues.
If that's the case, then I want a shy unsocial girl who is burned on one side of her body.

And face. Who likes books.
Hanako Lover
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I think someone's missing the point entirely.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

EternalLurker wrote:I think someone's missing the point entirely.
I was making a joke up there.

Obviously.

I'm not like DESU, man.
Hanako Lover
DESU

Post by DESU »

i am serious, but to a point.

I understand having a waifu is sort of creepy, and I do go out to places regularly to find to find that one girl, the shy, kind-hearted girl that will be able to give me true happiness.

but until then, my pathetic lonely heart must hang onto something, even futilely, and in that place i have hanako.

but seriously, let's keep in on-topic before aura or blue123 lock it down
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

What'll I do when the full game is released?
1. Not notice until a week after release.
2. Download.
3. Get distracted by something else; forget to install.
4. Has DF updated? Play that for a while.
5. Didn't KS up-oh right. Install.
6. Another distraction; ignore game for a week.
7. Finish sooner or later.

That's assuming I don't get burned out by the fandom by then.
Ernest

Post by Ernest »

1. Download and install.
2. Keep myself from checking the forums until I finished all routes.
3. Play the routes in the same order I did for act 1.
4. Enjoy the H-scenes.
5. Argue with myself over whose route is better.
6. Get 100%.
7. Post on the forums, create more bloopers.
8. Watch as KS becomes more popular.
9. Enjoy the anime adaptation.
10. Buy figures, posters, dakimakuras, ect.
11. Age gracefully, still having a love for KS.
12. Pass on, but made sure to have KS related stuff and a copy of the game put into my casket.
13. Casket gets launched into space, and a million years later I get be revived by aliens.
14. Make KS popular throughout the galaxy.
15. Take over humanity. (If it still exists)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

As long as you don't try to actually get married to a Hanako body pillow or something like those ronery Love Plus fans, there are much worse places to look for love than a 2D waifu. Rape, for one. Prostitutes. Abusive or nonfulfilling RL relationships. Hard drugs. Etc. That said, I believe this is a good cap for this discussion:

[shimmie]1242[/shimmie]

Back on topic, I don't remember if I've replied in this thread yet, but I'm going to play the fuck out of KS as soon as it comes out. I can't do eight-hour marathons like some people though, so I'll probably end up playing like two or three hours a night till I've gotten 100%.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Warwick wrote:Horo (Spice and Wolf)
Damnit! I thought I had her...

Anyways, knowing my luck, I probably will lose interest not too long before release, stumble back on here after the game has been out for several months and be like "Oh crap!". How much I play will be dependent on the time of year it's released. If it's in the summer, I'll probably play through it several hours at a time in marathon sessions. If it's during the rest of the year, I'll play it every now and then during weekends and school breaks. Definitely will play Hanako's path first, then Shizzy, then Lilly, Emi, and finally Rin.

Then I will spread the word of how amazing this game is.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Csihar wrote:Back on topic, I don't remember if I've replied in this thread yet, but I'm going to play the fuck out of KS as soon as it comes out. I can't do eight-hour marathons like some people though, so I'll probably end up playing like two or three hours a night till I've gotten 100%.
Eight hours? Will it even be that long? o_O I guess that's a good sign, but I didn't think the other acts would be THAT much longer than Act 1...
Medrex

Post by Medrex »

Warwick wrote:Now does that mean I'll hold my breath for a deaf-mute immortal wolf-girl in bondage gear locked in a pod in the trunk of my car? No.
Narrator wrote:Warwick said, not knowing the strange turn his life was about to take...
On topic:
1. download
2. play my favourite character's path, so Shizune's path
3. Hanako's path
4. Lily's path
5. Emi's path
6. Play my next favourite character's path, so Rin's path
7. Return to the forums too see what everyone thought.
8. Repeat steps 2-6 every year or so.