what will you do when the game comes out?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Wrench Wench

Re: what will you do when the game comes out?

Post by Wrench Wench »

Esa94 wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:Who knows. Maybe he felt that 4Chan needed more of a mention?
It does seem a bit odd how much the devs try to downplay their connection to it.
Maybe he thought it's a good idea to yearly bump his own thread?
Now that right there is commitment.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Or a copious amount of free time.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

ContinualNaba wrote:Or a copious amount of free time.
I dunno it's the same amount of commitment you see in a typical marriage. Both of them remember a few specific dates each year and that's about it.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Anyone who gets married to fictional characters needs to get his head checked. Or removed.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
DESU

Post by DESU »

well, to post on topic:

1-x) Play Hanako's both
note: X > 15
x+1)suddenly stop after the Xth time at the part where Hanako confesses her love
x+2)become suicidally depressed
x+3)cry for hanako
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

DESU wrote:well, to post on topic:

1-x) Play Hanako's both
x+1)suddenly stop after the Xth time at the part where Hanako confesses her love
x+3)cry for hanako
wat, i am confus
"That weird motherfucker"
DESU

Post by DESU »

ze spy wrote:

1-x) Play Hanako's both
x+3)cry for hanako
wat, i am confus
alright, how about this:
1) play Hanako's path repeatedly
2) suddenly get hit with massive depression from her not being there with me
3) cry
ImageImage
>Completion 28%
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

DESU wrote:
ze spy wrote:

1-x) Play Hanako's both
x+3)cry for hanako
wat, i am confus
alright, how about this:
1) play Hanako's path repeatedly
2) suddenly get hit with massive depression from her not being there with me
3) cry
I just can't relate with that, I don't have a girlfriend or some shit, but I just find it weird you would become suicidally depressed from her not being real. Yeah, it would be nice if she was real, but I'm not into all that waifu shit.
atat

Post by atat »

1) Play through naturally
2) Play through to get get Rin/Lilly if I did not the first time
3) Be frustrated that some how I can't achieve 2, and check forums for guides
4) Eventually get around to every path.
5) Lurk the forums for a while, eventually complete 100%.
6) Lurk some more.
7) Not play for a while
8) A year or two later, get an inch, and play it again, once or twice, maybe come see how dead the forum is.
9) Check out the old fan art.
10) Maybe make a post or two like I never left, and wasn't mostly a lurker in the first place.
11) Stop playing
12) Get a new computer
13) Eventually look for it, and re-download it again, play a few times.
14) Be dead from old age.
Nixons back!!!!
DESU

Post by DESU »

ze spy wrote:I just can't relate with that, I don't have a girlfriend or some shit, but I just find it weird you would become suicidally depressed from her not being real. Yeah, it would be nice if she was real, but I'm not into all that waifu shit.
have you ever been so deeply in love with someone that you become lonely when she's not around? well take that and add the fact that she's not real. that loneliness starts to multiply until you just become depressed. a waifu isn't just LOL I HAVE A WAIFU LOL, it's real love.
ImageImage
>Completion 28%
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

DESU wrote:
ze spy wrote:I just can't relate with that, I don't have a girlfriend or some shit, but I just find it weird you would become suicidally depressed from her not being real. Yeah, it would be nice if she was real, but I'm not into all that waifu shit.
have you ever been so deeply in love with someone that you become lonely when she's not around? well take that and add the fact that she's not real. that loneliness starts to multiply until you just become depressed. a waifu isn't just LOL I HAVE A WAIFU LOL, it's real love.
It's kinda pathetic if you ask me.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

DESU wrote:
Take a good, long, hard look at your life and your present situation. Use this to think about why you are looking for love in a fictional character rather than finding it in real life.

Games like this are escapism. They are not replacements for anything in real life, just a fantasy. And that's fine, as long as it never goes beyond that.

If this comes off as horribly preachy or malicious, I apologise. Sincerely. That's not my intention, and I took a good long while trying not to make it sound that way. Posts like this though are where a lot of horrible stereotypes come from, and if they are true, that's even worse.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

DESU wrote:
Yeah, I've been in love, but it was with a 3D girl, yeah sometimes I wished life was more like an anime, but I've also wished it was more like a book I've read or a game I've played. What I'm trying to get at, is that it's sad that people become so obsessed with fictional characters that they treat them as if they were real. I don't know, maybe I'm an asshole, I don't really care, it's kind of sad you let it get to the point of PHYSICALLY FALLING IN LOVE WITH A FICTIONAL CHARACTER. Yeah, they could be "your type" but you just don't want to go out into the real world and find somebody who you like, it's going to be hard, I know, but think for a minute. You know those people who fall in love with objects? That's what you look like to other people, except worse. Again, not to be an asshole, but you know you're in a bad situation where people on a forum about a game where you get bitchin crip titties tell you it's pretty fucking weird.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

ze spy wrote:Again, not to be an asshole, but you know you're in a bad situation where people on a forum about a game where you get bitchin crip titties tell you it's pretty fucking weird.
^This.

Kinda reminds me of those people who went suicidal when they realized the planet Pandora (or was it a moon? I dunno) from Avatar doesn't exist. What the Christ.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I kind of doubt he was really serious... Waifu is funny and all but... I don't know. Is he really serious? Would it be extremely offensive if I said this is sort of bordering on the creepy if he is? It is just a game... A good game, but still...
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.