Four Leaf Studios, how does it work?

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Four Leaf Studios, how does it work?

Post by Aura »

Smoku wrote:Aura-kun! You have heterochromia or you just joking?
Yep. It's my primary moe trait in addition to my stoic, gloomy personality.
Smoku wrote:And, uh... that mentioning of Hisao's penis probably blew out the minds of many fans. I'm still trying to find a few parts of a little nut that's supposed to be my brain around here
How would it make you feel if I told you we actually have photographs of penises that we use as references for hisao's organ?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Aura wrote:
Smoku wrote: How would it make you feel if I told you we actually have photographs of penises that we use as references for hisao's organ?
It makes me feel as if all the progress towards making H scenes goes to making sure Hisao's penis is anatomically correct as the highest priority.

Or atleast realistic, if not the above.

But y'know, that's just my opinion.
Hanako Lover
hisao's pngas

Post by hisao's pngas »

jpeg artifacts -> don't care -> post on blog -> RAGE
hisao's pngas

Post by hisao's pngas »

You should probably consider a distributed version control system like mercurial or git instead of SVN.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

Aura wrote:
ze spy wrote:WELP, YOU'VE GONE AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT.
Why?

Knowing that rant that unknown dev went on and how we're most likely little bugs in your eyes, reading that just made me feel even more like you don't really want to do this, but you know the internet will track you down and murder you in your sleep if you don't do it makes me feel like an unappreciative cunt.
"That weird motherfucker"
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

hisao's pngas wrote:You should probably consider a distributed version control system like mercurial or git instead of SVN.
Git is win, but I really can't see why KS needs a DVCS.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

that was a damn good read. I've always thought that part of why KS was so good (what we've seen so far, anyway) is that it's made because you all want to make it, so it's not like "we have to do this or we don't get paid" or something like that. creative stuff like this usually comes out best when the creators are doing it for the love. or something like that. :mrgreen:
ze spy wrote:Knowing that rant that unknown dev went on and how we're most likely little bugs in your eyes, reading that just made me feel even more like you don't really want to do this, but you know the internet will track you down and murder you in your sleep if you don't do it makes me feel like an unappreciative cunt.
dude, chill. just 'cause working as part of 4LS isn't always sunshine and unicorns and ass-sprouted rainbows doesn't mean they're all suffering under the yoke of internet expectations. I don't know where you're getting the feeling that they don't want to make KS anymore. trust me, it's really hard to have a 50-minute discussion about anything you're not passionate about. especially a fictional dude's penis.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Once again my most highly made statment about a blog post is that, "This means that somethign is actually getting done." If Aura takes enough time to write out a blog post like this, it makes me feel as though progress is being made by all devs; especially when there are heated debates over what Hisao's penis should look like in an Lilly H-scene. What does that tell me? Detail man, detail. That is what is being made for KS. Also, that means we actually know that the CG is in the works. Let's face it, as a few of my friends have pointed out to me and I to countless others, "A full CG set is the pinnacle of anybody playing a H-game."

Now i'm getting off track. It can be difficult running something with a large group of people who aren't within physical distance. It's hard enough working on a simple To Love Ru abridged series with 12 people let alone what I can imagine is going on with this project; especially with all us internet stalkers ready to pounce as soon as the final release is posted. But the good thing is that it allows for multiple viewpoints to influence the work so that the greatest of people are generally happy with the product as it can encompase many different tastes. While I look primarily for story and emotions lead by the characters along with a little humor, others might just have that simple criple-fetish. Okay I have to admit i'm looking forward to how those H-scenes actually come into being because I highly doubt any of the devs have personal experience in those types of situations. Please don't correct me if i'm wrong. :wink:

Anyways, it is just great to hear that things have some sort of framework to go on rather than a lot of other projects I have come across over my immense web browsing and other such things. Take care all, looking forward to that Misha path. Alright, just kidding. :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
hisaos pngas

Post by hisaos pngas »

Esa94 wrote:Git is win, but I really can't see why KS needs a DVCS.
It fits better with their model of branching, minimally interactive routes that need to be merged together in the end.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

The whole 'what does his penis look like' thing could be easily resolved by switching to Lilly's POV.

Then again, we're here to discuss the post. It really does sound like you fellows are truely a development team, minus the deadlines.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

ContinualNaba wrote:The whole 'what does his penis look like' thing could be easily resolved by switching to Lilly's POV.
yeah, but then they'd have to go into what his penis feels like, and that's an IRC discussion I don't think anyone wants. :mrgreen:

to stay on topic, I gotta agree with neumanproductions. entries like this one are good, 'cause if the game wasn't still going and progressing and all that, there'd be no point to making them. I mean, that thing's got to be a few thousand words, no point in writing that much if you're just going to say nothing's happening. it does kinda make me wish I'd been around when this whole thing was first getting started, though. seeing what it's like now, and reading about what goes on behind the scenes, I wish I was part of making it.

eh, I get to play it, so that's good enough. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I hope that penis won't be smaller/bigger in other paths :mrgreen:
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Mercutio wrote:I mean, that thing's got to be a few thousand words, no point in writing that much if you're just going to say nothing's happening.
A few more than 1500, so very roughly half a game scene in size.

Yes, I used that comparison entirely on purpose. 8)

Also considering that Aura just stated we have an average of 2-3 revisions each day, I'd say you all should be pretty well relieved from the fear of "nothing's happening".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Well, that doesn't say much unless the magnitude of a "revision" is established. I mean, for all I know fixing a single mistyped letter in a random Kenji line somewhere could constitute a revision.

Not that I'm worried, or ever have been, that "nothing's happening". Just noting that, partially to ask what a revision usually is like in terms of the amount of content added or changed. That knowledge added to the 2-revisions-per-day statistic would, while far from an accurate measure of the project's progression, serve to help gauge...............

.......well, nothing, I guess. Curiosity appeasement?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A revision can be either huge (10 000-20 000 words of game script) or small (fix to a single scripting error in one code file) or whatever in between (like a new CG, or editing a single scene). It's not even meant to gauge game progress in the sense of "how many revisions until KS is done".
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents