Lilly's vs. Akira's accent?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cemex

Re: Lilly's vs. Akira's accent?

Post by cemex »

Wrench Wench wrote:
EDiot wrote:That's kind of a stretch.

As far as German women go, they're great if you can get past all the body hair. It's Russian women that look like men, mate.
Funny cos I've never found either to be as bad as people claim.
The bodyhair's not the problem, it's the personality. All the German women that I've met have a very serious personality that does not tolerate humor

Get chance and luck
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

cemex wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:
EDiot wrote:That's kind of a stretch.

As far as German women go, they're great if you can get past all the body hair. It's Russian women that look like men, mate.
Funny cos I've never found either to be as bad as people claim.
The bodyhair's not the problem, it's the personality. All the German women that I've met have a very serious personality that does not tolerate humor
No that's Germans in general. They don't like British or Aussie humour and outright despise American humour.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Russian women look like men?! Have you ever in your life seen a Russian woman? They are fucking gorgeous O_o
Like, every single one of them. They look like freaking angels.
That is until they hit sixty. Then they decay very rapidly.
This article is amusing: http://leofrankowski.com/content/?q=why ... _beautiful
(Plus, from experience, it's correct. There is a very big Russian population in Israel, which means lot's of Russian women...)
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Thread derailed.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

techk8 wrote:Thread derailed.
probably. That would be a good time for a lockdown, then.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Contrary to popular belief, mods do not enjoy wasting their time running around locking threads at the behest of a few disgruntled posters. They are FORCED to lock threads sometimes when things get out of hand.

When you consider a thread to have been derailed to the point of uselessness, there are two recourses to consider:
1) get it back on topic; or
2) just. Stop. Posting.

See that last option there? Letting threads die is much preferable to bugging moderators about locking them down. And it takes LITERALLY 0 EFFORT ON ANYONE'S PART.

And that'll be my first and last rant on the matter.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Quidoo wrote:Akira is actually also a female Scottish name. A fact that i'm sure hoping is totally coincidental. :|
Hey, I'm Scottish! :|
(Seriously. I didn't know that before I picked this username. I just liked the character, lol) :D

Anyways...
*picks up the thread and tries to drag it back to the rails...*
Unless their accents are actually mentioned in the text, you could probably make them sound like anything you want really.
I imagined Akira as the cool laid-back one, and Lilly as being all prim and proper, but only around people she doesn't know well enough to relax around. :)
Imagined Akira's voice as something like Elle from "Shadow Skill", lol
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Akira wrote:
Quidoo wrote:Akira is actually also a female Scottish name. A fact that i'm sure hoping is totally coincidental. :|
Hey, I'm Scottish! :|
(Seriously. I didn't know that before I picked this username. I just liked the character, lol) :D

Anyways...
*picks up the thread and tries to drag it back to the rails...*
Unless their accents are actually mentioned in the text, you could probably make them sound like anything you want really.
I imagined Akira as the cool laid-back one, and Lilly as being all prim and proper, but only around people she doesn't know well enough to relax around. :)
Imagined Akira's voice as something like Elle from "Shadow Skill", lol
Scotfist time?
It's like a brofist except cooler.

When I encountered the character on my second playthrough I did imagine her as a somewhat laidback sort. The most jarring part for me was that I kept imagining her with my partners voice
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

I find it a little odd to think of how Akira's accent would seem somewhat laid back. I mean, with her job and all, it seems like she'd be a little high strung most of the time.. Then again, it's just something about her. Her face? Her hair? Her eyes? Her kickass suit? I dunno, but thinking of her as laid back just seems both fitting and contradictory.

Hell if I know anything though. >_>
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:I find it a little odd to think of how Akira's accent would seem somewhat laid back. I mean, with her job and all, it seems like she'd be a little high strung most of the time.. Then again, it's just something about her. Her face? Her hair? Her eyes? Her kickass suit? I dunno, but thinking of her as laid back just seems both fitting and contradictory.

Hell if I know anything though. >_>
Everything about her just seems very laid back. Despite the suit and obvious Yakuza connections.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Wrench Wench wrote:Everything about her just seems very laid back. Despite the suit and obvious Yakuza connections.
She's supposed to be sort of the opposite of Lilly's 'reserved/prim and proper'. Even so, Lilly is calm most times. An actual opposite to both of them would be someone high strung.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
archon536

Post by archon536 »

Well, it could be a difference in educational upbringing. Lilly is very refined and probably went through extensive training on "proper" speech in addition to etiquette and all that. Even if not, it's not hard to see how two sisters can end up totally different in such a way. For example, my family is Cajun, all born and raised in New Orleans. I DON'T have a cajun accent, but I can fake one on occasion, and sometimes it slips in in mid-speech. Most of the REST of my family, though... :roll:

Also, my grandma is from Spain, and I have a bunch of relatives in Andalucia. They all speak English, but one of my 3rd cousins actually has a BRITISH COGNEY accent. O_o I'm not sure how, maybe the person who taught her spoke like that. The point being is, it's not that hard to believe.
Lilly > Hanako = Rin > Emi > Shizune
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

OH GOD NECROSYS.
Well, accents can, with time, be easily faked or got rid of, it's even easier when you've went to a school which teaches refined, correct speech.
Example: When I talk english I don't have the south-american accent, most of the people I know say it's a neutral accent, it takes time, to "kill" the accent (I use more the english language than spanish), but it can be done.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I can't imagine whether or not the Satou family is in dire straits, but seeing as Akira looks like she's in a well established business at little over school-leaving age makes me wonder if she's left university, or even bothered to enter it.

Although it's quite likely that Lilly taking care of her older sister would have allowed Akira to slack off a great deal more. So perhaps, at one point, the sisters were seperated and picked up very different skills.

That could mean divorce. That could mean trust issues.

It could also mean I need to lay off the bottle and stop falling over my keyboard.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

[LaZa] wrote:Well, accents can, with time, be easily faked or got rid of
No, they can be replaced with a different accent. You'll still sound like an American to a British person. You can't not have an accent because people from different countries say words in a different way.