KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Dekiel

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Dekiel »

DannyL7773 wrote:
Dekiel wrote:I can totally see Hanako having a panic attack similar to Yumizuka's (from Melty Blood) rage, but in a more girlish way heh...
Sort of like shyly looking away and waving the book like "OHMAIGAWDGOAWAYPLEASE"?

Basically, this. (All hail my awesomely rubbish stick figure drawings XD)

On another note Dek, is that some Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver B? AKA. mbacPC? If it is, I'm so totally up for a game anytime. Just drop me a line here or hook up with me on Xfire (DannyL7773). Seeing that screenshot. Totally reminded me A. I love the MB soundtrack. And B. Witch On The Holy Night is like one of my favourite stages in any fighting game ever. Mostly because of the bgm for it X3
Bout Hanako - yes that is what i (OHMGWAALPLZDGOSHGOESAWAYZ or EEEEEEEEEEEEEKK^&%^%%^&%....) meant.
2. Yes it's act C verB mbacwin(white ren icon here), there is that neco arc programme to play it online right?
And yes MB is great, and has great saundtrack, and Aoko's stage is cool too, but i prefer white Ler/Ren's ;]
Tam ta ta tam tam ta tam - no I'm not crazy, I just make little joyful sounds!
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Already suggested the book waving before. But it's kinda hard to explain without the diagram.

And yeah, MBCaster (Neko Arc icon) is used to play through LAN. However, you can play online with it if you use Hamachi, which emulates a LAN connection.

Speaking of playing online, there's an online "version" of mugen, InfinityCat. However, I've had 0 experience with this and from what I've heard, it's not all that great. So don't expect online play. 2 players on one computer? That's a different story. And just so you know. Mugen has joypad support ;D
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

DannyL7773 wrote:Already suggested the book waving before. But it's kinda hard to explain without the diagram.

And yeah, MBCaster (Neko Arc icon) is used to play through LAN. However, you can play online with it if you use Hamachi, which emulates a LAN connection.

Speaking of playing online, there's an online "version" of mugen, InfinityCat. However, I've had 0 experience with this and from what I've heard, it's not all that great. So don't expect online play. 2 players on one computer? That's a different story. And just so you know. Mugen has joypad support ;D
It's good to hear that MBAC works with hamachi.

Also 'bout the KS FG project - would it be hard to make the chars use diffrent stances ( although i know making such system would be hard).
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

I can test and make music. I'd also be happy to help.
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Okay, I've decided to play some other fighting games other than Super Smash Bros. Namely, Super Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV.

Okay, Rin's moveset could be modeled after Juri Han from SSF IV. As shown in this video: Juri's moveset is mostly based on flowing, spinning gravity and physics defying kicks. Yes, Juri does throw the occasional punch, but I was thinking of replacing that with Rin headbutting or knee striking or something.

Lilly's moveset...I was thinking, maybe a rapier, or, barring that, a fencing foil. The rapier user from SC IV, Amy, wouldn't really fit Lilly all that well...but it's a start.

Hisao, in my mind, should be the "Ryu" of the group. Average skill, stats, etcetera all around. The most balanced character. Sorta a starting point for people new to the game. I'm not saying that his moveset should be based on Ryu's, but the central idea of "jack of all trades, master of none" type character still stands.

Hmm...running out of ideas...

What do you guys think?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

I like it.

I remember a while back we were discussing a KS fighting game as a joke; I believe we decided the most 'suitable' weapon for Lilly would be a cane-sword (http://aesthetictraditionalist.files.wo ... attan1.jpg). This could be handled basically the same as a rapier, the only real difference would be the fact that it makes some connection to her disability.
LINO555

Post by LINO555 »

Why don't you all base Lily's,s fighting style on Hijikata Mamoru from Until Death Do Us Part
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Because his "fighting style" includes glasses that let him see anyway and a sword that can cut through anything.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Not to mention the obvious personality problems... ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Okay, I've decided to play some other fighting games other than Super Smash Bros. Namely, Super Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV.

Okay, Rin's moveset could be modeled after Juri Han from SSF IV. As shown in this video: Juri's moveset is mostly based on flowing, spinning gravity and physics defying kicks. Yes, Juri does throw the occasional punch, but I was thinking of replacing that with Rin headbutting or knee striking or something.

What do you guys think?
Nice, I had come up with a neutral stance for Rin similar to what Juri is using, based on it being the only practical stance to poke quickly with your legs (headbutts and knees, we decided, were too slow for light pokes).

I like these aerial kick combos. Another thing I want to discuss is unique moves that utilize her art supplies beyond blocking with canvasses and throwing paint (since we've established Hanako as a zoner at this point, it'd be limited). In some of those combos Juri finished with a projectile kick, that's an idea I'd like to work with. (:

Lilly using her cane as a sword is pretty concrete right now, although we've discussed mechanics more than actual movesets at this point I think.
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

We're getting pretty close to discussing actual movesets, but we need to finish hammering out a rough system first. General outlines for most of the characters have been discussed but are still pretty fluid. Some rough outlining of sprites has begun, and once we have movelists beginning to be organized we're going to really be able to start doing graphics.

Danny's been paying closer attention than I and probably has a better concept of what we need, but assistance with cleaning sprites is probably going to be something we'll require starting soon.

Post by Guest »

Halkure wrote: Another thing I want to discuss is unique moves that utilize her art supplies beyond blocking with canvasses and throwing paint (since we've established Hanako as a zoner at this point, it'd be limited).
For Rin's block, maybe she could duck down underneath a canvas that...just appears whenever you press the block command (in SSB, it's the L or R buttons, and in the SF series, it's walking backward that puts you in a blocking stance) Yes, it's contrived, but in Super Smash Brothers, your character's shield literally just appears around you.
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

Image Image
[low quality doodles of the ideas presented obove]
I say, Lilly owning others with her cane sounds good to me.
The only prob is Hisao being a Ryu type char - it's important to remember about his heart.
The disabilities make each of these characters special in a way, so I don't think Hisao just doing karate will work here.
Last edited by Dekiel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Yeah, the group we have with us are working well. Great job guys ^_^
We're still ironing out ideas for how things work. Mostly how each character is going to play out.

As for Lilly? If you're wondering how we're dealing with her blindness, I can tell you so far, we've come up with a system where she actually has to make contact with the cane before she actually start attacking properly.
*Tap* *Attack, combo into more attacks* When a combo finishes or breaks, she loses the position of the enemy and has to tap them with her cane again.

Hmmm. That Juri video.... could work well for Rin, problem is the balance due to lack of arms though.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hey Danny, did the fighting game forums go down? I haven't been able to access the site for a while now.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D