KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Csihar

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Csihar »

My advice for the battle music: Go listen to the soundtrack to Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Then make the exact opposite of that.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote:One can't help but wonder what a serious fightan cripple track would sound like.
I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://nicol.chendo.net/Bite%20the%20Bullet.mp3. General opinion is that it sounds like MegaMan.
Fuck.
Yeah.
^this is awesome
Silly question time - did you make it, and if so, what synthesizers did you use +_+
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

I did. It's essentially just a bunch of VST's packaged with FL Studio (FL Slayer for the guitars, FL Keys for the piano, BooBass for the Bass, and Sytrus for the synths). The drums and the strings are some shitty soundfonts I found else where.
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

Csihar wrote:My advice for the battle music: Go listen to the soundtrack to Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Then make the exact opposite of that.
The funny thing is, this is exactly what I recommended as a reference point to the guy who already turned out a test track.

People offering to beta test make me laugh. "I don't want to do any work, but I'd love to play your game early!"
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Ricardo Nation wrote: People offering to beta test make me laugh. "I don't want to do any work, but I'd love to play your game early!"
:?

Elaborate on your little point you're trying to say here.

Do you not know what goes on in testing?

:lol:
Hanako Lover
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Xybaro wrote:
Ricardo Nation wrote: People offering to beta test make me laugh. "I don't want to do any work, but I'd love to play your game early!"
:?

Elaborate on your little point you're trying to say here.

Do you not know what goes on in testing?

:lol:
"Ooooh, what does -this- button do?"
*game explodes*
"... That's not supposed to happen, right? >_>"
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Leotrak wrote: "Ooooh, what does -this- button do?"
*game explodes*
"... That's not supposed to happen, right? >_>"

Who told you we were actually using this as an attempt to make everyone who plays it 'splode? WHO SNITCHED?

I mean ummm.....

Yeah. Beta Testers are there to make sure things that aren't supposed don't break. They play over and over and over trying to break the game, report any bugs, we fixeth, everyone's happier because it's better.

When we're ready for testers, (Which we're nowhere close to for now) I'll PM a bunch of people who've made t3h cut for it. You'll be working alongside two of my friends who are fairly well-versed when it comes to mugen (Hey, we do need people who know their way around it too you know). Report any bugs or things you think may be bugs. We'll look into it.
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

futatsu wrote:intro, the new version.

revised
better? worse? just remember, this is no where near a finished piece...
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=pHqXoX
I'd make the intro and ending sequence shorter and the main part longer
(also I was listening to it while playing a fightin game [to test it] and it it'd be great to play it int the char selection menu).
Tam ta ta tam tam ta tam - no I'm not crazy, I just make little joyful sounds!
futatsu

Post by futatsu »

ok, i will get to work...

i am honored to even be considered. even if none of these songs ever make it into the final release, i will still feel so privileged to have worked alongside you.

also. i was wondering, do you need any voice acting done? because i would like to contribute. i could send you a couple clips of me trying out the voices of the characters. if not, please disregard this comment. i could also do stage voices, "round 1, round 2, Misha wins, you lose, etc."

Post by Guest »

Guys, we need Bromont's Katawa Shoujo Cripple School Dojo song made and placed in here for something like the training area.
I would find someone to sing it if I needed to, but it has to happen.
kobe

Post by kobe »

Actually, I'm pretty much planning on specifically looking for unbalanced character moves and stuff. I mean, we don't want a game where you can choose a certain character and almost always win, right? *cough* V-13 *cough*
Also, I'm working on a violin/metal track, but it's nowhere near finished. But IF (and that's a big IF) it ever gets finished, I'll be sure to post it here.
A little off topic: Does anyone know any good (free) violin VSTs or some soundfonts? I don't quite like orchestral when it comes to violins...
Ricardo Nation

Post by Ricardo Nation »

kobe wrote:*cough* V-13 *cough*
Well, she wasn't quite that bad.

As to Danny's point, obviously, beta testers are necessary but I'm always suspect of them. Some people really do just want to do play the game rather than provide comprehensive workovers and feedback. Not accusing anyone here of that directly, just stating my general suspicion of the statement.
Dekiel

Post by Dekiel »

I can totally see Hanako having a panic attack similar to Yumizuka's (from Melty Blood) rage, but in a more girlish way heh...
Tam ta ta tam tam ta tam - no I'm not crazy, I just make little joyful sounds!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I didn't follow the first thread but I'm noticing a distinct lack of Misha on that character list. She has a bigger role in the game than say Mutou, the Nurse, or Yuuko. She probably has more lines than the three of them combined. I think that she deserves to be a playable character.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
DannyL7773

Post by DannyL7773 »

Dekiel wrote:I can totally see Hanako having a panic attack similar to Yumizuka's (from Melty Blood) rage, but in a more girlish way heh...
Sort of like shyly looking away and waving the book like "OHMAIGAWDGOAWAYPLEASE"?

Basically, this. (All hail my awesomely rubbish stick figure drawings XD)

On another note Dek, is that some Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver B? AKA. mbacPC? If it is, I'm so totally up for a game anytime. Just drop me a line here or hook up with me on Xfire (DannyL7773). Seeing that screenshot. Totally reminded me A. I love the MB soundtrack. And B. Witch On The Holy Night is like one of my favourite stages in any fighting game ever. Mostly because of the bgm for it X3

Also to G3n, that list ish not permanent. Currently, the team's only looking at the mains. Hisao and the 5 girls with routes. After we've worked those characters out, if we feel it's a good idea, we may add others.