A day in the life of ____________

WORDS WORDS WORDS

neumanproductions

Re: A day in the life of ____________

Post by neumanproductions »

Time is not on my side with papers and finals in my classes. I will hope to get Rin completed sometime soon but it might get pushed out for a while; depends. Otherwise I do plan on writing a quick description of my KSOC this weekend. You know, something to distract me from what I should be doing. :wink:

*Edit*
No double posting here. Oh, by the way...
I'M BAAAACK!
Finals are over and it’s time to get cracking on so many overdue projects. Why is it that when I have finals or something like that all my good ideas pop into my head. Guess that's how my brains wired. Anyways, expect me to get the next installment sometime this week as I have to research Rin to make her story more fitting to her personality and I have several Abridge scripts I’m a week behind on; and other videos. Plus, I’m still trying to work on my Hanako B-day surprise. Maybe I should ask on of my friends for help. Alright, I’m out. I wonder if this shows up as new on the forum page???
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Rhaegar

Post by Rhaegar »

neumanproductions wrote:Time is not on my side with papers and finals in my classes. I will hope to get Rin completed sometime soon but it might get pushed out for a while; depends. Otherwise I do plan on writing a quick description of my KSOC this weekend. You know, something to distract me from what I should be doing. :wink:

*Edit*
No double posting here. Oh, by the way...
I'M BAAAACK!
Finals are over and it’s time to get cracking on so many overdue projects. Why is it that when I have finals or something like that all my good ideas pop into my head. Guess that's how my brains wired. Anyways, expect me to get the next installment sometime this week as I have to research Rin to make her story more fitting to her personality and I have several Abridge scripts I’m a week behind on; and other videos. Plus, I’m still trying to work on my Hanako B-day surprise. Maybe I should ask on of my friends for help. Alright, I’m out. I wonder if this shows up as new on the forum page???
loving it so far.

hurry up with that Rin story!(also the other stuff i guess) Image
neumanproductions

Alright, I promise that I will have Rin this weekend. My summer classes are now in my way (So I can be out of college 1 1/2 years early :o)
I've been attempting to write it, but it really is interesting and hard to form something that fits her. This is my toughest challange yet and I can't promise greatness no matter how much I want this to be one of my best. :?
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Rhaegar wrote:Image
This should be a real smiley on this board... although it might get abused by all the restless KS fans who want the devs to finish the game sooner.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Rin story. :)
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

neumanproductions

I'm Back!
Thank all of you guys/gals for your loving support on this project. I have been gone for a long time with other thing on a long list and this story might give you a better understanding of my own philosophy on such.
Again, I commemorate the KS staff for their latest blog post by Aura giving me a reason to go on. Something I think we all need to learn. Anyways to the story.
I know people have been waiting for my take on Rin and to be honest I had a hard time getting what I did. This is the longest story lengthwise I have written but to me it is not as deep as the others, maybe it beats Shizune’s but you know. I do this because I love to and that’s the best reason. Please point out any mistakes before I ship to DA and full critique is appreciated.

I can’t wait until Hanako’s B-day and the ending of this series. I’ve got a lot planned in my mind. Must be because my brain is so huge. :wink:

A Day in the Life of Rin

“Oh Hisao, your shoulder is so strong yet soft.”

“I must admit they have been getting a bit flabby.”

“Everyone loves jello after all.”

“Hey, they’re not that bad nor do they taste like jello.”

“I think they do,” I begin nibbling at his shoulder. “Tastes like Hisao flavor.”

“They don’t even have a flavor like that.”

“It’s like how they say everything tastes like chicken.”

“I don’t think that applies in this case. What I would like to taste though is Rin flavor,” His eyes turn to me and then make their way towards my neck. His lips start nibbling at the skin making their way towards my ear. “Delicious.”

“T-trying to take advantage of a girl with no arms. I can’t push you away in refute.”

“You wouldn’t do that if you could,” He was right. “Now, I wish to taste the sweetest piece of this delicacy.”

He begins moving towards my lips and I close my eyes in wait of his kiss; it never comes.

--------------------------------------------------

A dream, the same dream I have had ever since the school festival. It has gradually gotten longer every night and tonight I almost had him. It seems as though in reality we have started to spend more time together but I haven’t seen any movement away from friendship. I thought it was fine the way things were but when the mind is free to dream, real thoughts are utilized. That’s what mother always said anyways. I’m beginning to think that she was right.

The room was cold from the open window but I didn’t mind. In fact, I enjoy the cold and winter. The snow erases all existence in a blanket of white and washes away the old world to make way for a new. I soon notice the clock on the foot of my bed.

“Looks like I’m going to be late for class again.”

I begin getting myself dressed and make my way to the classrooms. It started getting warmer as I made my way to class. It appears like it is only going to get warmer so I guess I’ll eat in the art room today. Emi said something about a sports meeting during lunch. Honestly what would they have to meet about, we have the best disabled sports team in the area. Actually, the only disabled sports team in the area; perhaps the entire country. Soon after, I finally make it to class without receiving a tardy. Praise the mighty conch.

---------------------------------------------------

Emi had prepared a lunch for me and I told her I was going to eat in the art room. She figured I would say such and ran off to her meeting. It had appeared to me that she had something on her mind but I left things as they were. I took my normal seat on the desk by the window and looked out to the school grounds as I began enjoying my lunch. I noticed a pair of bodies standing by the sports storage shed. One of them was sporting blue hair and the other with an unnatural pink and what appeared to be drills coming out of her head. Wait, that’s umm Hakamichi and her loudmouthed companion Mikado. It looks like they are waiting for someone or something. I didn’t think Haka’s world domination plans would be starting this early and it looks like she enlisted the powers of the Sith to help her.

“I would have thought they wore cloaks but I guess a sweater works too.”

The figure passes something to Mikado and vice versa. The figure then leaves by barrel-rolling into the bushes before springing up in a yelp I could hear. I didn’t think the Sith had sunk that low in looking for members; must have been someone else. I continue eating my lunch thinking about what I had just seen. Perhaps this calls for the private investigation of Rin Tezuka. The bell rings and I leave having finished off my lunch only to still be hungry. I guess when they say man can’t live on bread alone they also meant women. Perhaps a piece of chocolate cake would be enough to seduce my craving. There is only one problem, no cake. I begin making my way towards class as I don’t think people are to forgiving about being late twice in a row.

----------------------------------------------------

I was walking down the halls after class when a swift scent of alcohol lingered in the air. I had known some students to smuggle alcohol into the school like that Kenji and others but who would be foolish enough to let it be this strong in the school? I follow my nose to a room with the door slightly cracked open. I take a peek inside and see several familiar faces.

“Does anyone smell that?”

It appears as if Hisao is helping the girls fold letters of some kind. It also appears that he smells the same thing I do but where is it coming from?

“I know that smell. Shizune…you smell...you smell…like my father’s alcohol cabinet. Do you drink Shizune?”

Haha, the great case is solved. She was getting alcohol from that person in the hood earlier.

“Hicchan, can’t you recognize a beautiful perfume when you smell one!”

“Per-perfume? Why would she be wearing perfume?”

“Don’t you like it, Hicchan!”

An alcohol smelling perfume, this is really interesting. I wonder if it comes in a scotch scent. Just then I notice Hakamichi starting to look red as if her head was about to explode like a shaken soda cap.

“Evacuate, evacuate, women and children first! That means you Hicchan!”

Oh great, they’re heading for the door. There is nowhere to hide; except. A large paper recyclable bin is behind me. I dive into it as quickly as I could; a perfect fit. The two soon bust out the door.

“This is not going to be pretty.”

I hear a loud noise coming from inside the room. We have lift off ladies and gentlemen. Hard to believe a mute can make so much of a racket. It would appear that Hisao didn’t like the new perfume. I’ll make a mental note of that for future reference.

------------------------------------------

I waited until the two parted and relieved myself from my little hiding place. I had tried to search out where Hisao went but it was no use. I decided to head back to the dorms by the scenic route. The heat was still working to its extent while I made my way towards to track. I remember Emi looking like something was on her mind so she might just be there. She normally thinks her best while running and it appeared she needed that much. Upon approach I notice a lone body running around the track.

“Hi Rin!” I hear her voice in the distance but don’t reply until I reach her.

“You’re practicing this late?”

“Actually, I had just wanted to clear my head,” I knew it. “By the way, why are you out here?”

“I was heading back to the dorms.”

“But, they’re in the opposite direction.”

“I felt like taking the scenic route.”

“That’s not very efficient, you would have gotten there faster had you just headed straight there.”

“You know, sometimes the best things in life are those that we have to slow down in order to acknowledge. Otherwise, you’ll just pass them by without even knowing they exist,” She seemed to look like she was thinking about something. “Now that I told you, what is it you’re thinking about?”

“Well, do I look a little childish to you?” That seems like a first for Emi to worry about her appearance.

“As in the pigtails, your height, bust size…”

“I think I get the picture,” I seemed to have struck a chord.

“You’re only the age you feel. The body is always something that can changed, heck they make a business out of the practice. Doctors make millions of dollars forming superficial beauty and age. Those people will die the same time no matter what they look like. How one feels however can transcend that appearance. You’re body can be fifty yet you still maintain the same youth as when you were a teen. Sometimes you are childish and sometimes you’re very mature.” I give her a slight smile but now I’m starting to wonder why she would worry about her appearance so much.

“Thanks Rin, that helps a bit. However, I still feel like I would prefer to look more physically developed in some cases.”

“What prompted that conclusion?”

“It has to do with Hisao and umm…his condition.”

“I knew the problem was in his pants.”

“Wait, what, no that’s not what I’m talking about.”

“So there’s still a chance,” mumbling to myself.

“What did you say Rin?” I think she heard me umm, I have to think…

“So there were ants in his pants.”

“Rin! Stop getting the wrong idea.”

It looks like she bought it. I breathe a sigh of slight relief before she continues.

“Never mind, I’ll just be heading straight back to the dorm to shower now.” As she begins to walk away I notice she still doesn’t look to happy. I wonder if Hisao really did do something to make her like this.

“Don’t let Hisao’s ants get to you as well. I suggest you fall asleep with your head facing the north.”

“What for?”

“I hear that if you do that and make a wish, you’ll be blessed by the gods.”

I smile to her and continue on my initial path. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------

My expedition takes me to the woods on the opposite side of the school grounds and eventually I start making my way back towards the dorms. The sun was starting to wane in the distance when I noticed a lone female figure standing by my mural. Have they come to admire it? I think back to when Hisao and I had watched people go by during the festival. I was hoping that more people would have critiqued my work be it good or bad. Just a few verbal comments would have been nice from people other than Hisao; he seemed to be one of only a few. Those friends of Nomiya were really specific and used words I didn’t even recognize. To me art isn’t as simple as they make it appear.

Upon seeing the girl more clearly I feel a sense of hunger coming back to me. She has her head turned to the side looking at the mural so I turn mine as well.

“I think it looks better this way as well,” She jumps like a frightened kitten in a dog show.

“R-rin, how long have you been here?”

“Well, it was several years ago when my parents decided they wanted to have….”

“N-no….that’s not what I meant.”

I continue looking at my mural seeing if there was something peculiar that she was searching for. Don’t tell me Hisao told her about that bunny he said he could see. Try as I might I never could picture this image he spoke of. I hear her faint voice say something as she left but not loud enough to make out. I sigh and think, ‘another one runs away from Rin Tezuka.’ Seems my batting average for keeping people around is at an all-time low recently.

“It seems you really can’t find that rabbit can you,” His voice causes me to turn abruptly around.

“Who says I was wabbit hunting?”

“Since when did you become Elmer Fudd?”

“Well I can’t grow a mustache, or is that how you like your women,” He smiles and walks beside me. “You know, you’re advice really paid off today.”

“I need more information than that. I am full of so many philosophical sayings after all.”

“The one about taking life slow in order to appreciate it. I used it on Emi today,” He looks like he is thinking for a moment and then turns back to me. “She also seemed to be affected by how you see her body.”

“W-what do you mean?” He starts getting nervous as though he is hiding something.

“Were you two having a wrestling match?”

“Why would we…Good heavens nothing like that Rin!”

“Okay, but Emi did mention something about your condition. Did you have another episode?”

I had become more aware of Hisao’s condition. I didn’t pay much attention to it when I first met him but over time I looked into it and found out that he is definitely worse off than me. I can live without worries but he has to deal with the thought of potentially dying at any moment. My stomach started to growl.

“How about we deal with your hunger condition first,” He looks at me with those caring eyes. He really does try to live by his own motto of enjoying the time you have. “Don’t tell Emi but I secretly have a bit of chocolate cake in my room if you would like to share.”

“I do enjoy cake. It’s so light and fluffy, almost like you are eating a cloud.”

“Have you ever tried eating a cloud?”

“Fog is a cloud, just close to the ground. You open your mouth like this and bite,” I make a motion of snapping something out of the air. *cough, cough*

“Are you okay Rin?”

“Bugs don’t taste as good as a cloud. Now, about that cake.”

On our way to Hisao’s room he asked if I’d mind helping him try and get his money back from his friend Kenji.

“I wouldn’t really call him a friend. More like a bad acquaintance.”

We arrive at a door where we hear several loud noises.

“It sounds like he is wrestling with a panda in there.”

“Now where would he get a panda?”

*thump, crash* “Save me!”

“Okay, maybe your point has some validity,” He pounds on the door. “Kenji, what’s going on in there? The doors locked, I can’t get in.”

Quiet instills the room and not a sound is heard, until.

“The feminists have breached the walls! Send all available units to the front line! The pink destruction is here!”

I had heard stories about his deluded acts but never thought him to be a true psycho. Then again he could be right, not like I’m in the loop or anything. Hisao didn’t seem as worried as he was before.

“You’re drunk again, aren’t you?” I guess those stories about him are true.

“I’m telling you, save yourselves!” *thud* Then all was quiet.

“Yep, he’s as drunk as a pirate in a galley of rum. Let’s leave him be. I’ll ask for my money in the future.”

“You certainly have interesting friends. Is that why you were so inept on lounging with me during the Festival?”

“What? Don’t even think something like that. You’re nothing like him. You have your own unique way of looking at things. He just…well…I’ve got nothing.”

“So the great philosopher can’t explain everything. Then again, can anything really be explained?”

“There is the Rin I know. *grumble, grumble* Now I’m getting hungry. Let’s head in before we run into another interesting predicament.”

------------------------------------------------------

Hisao’s room looked plain but then I notice multiple jars of pills lining the desk.

“Those all for your pants problem?” I joke but I knew what they were for.

“How many times are you going to think there is a problem down there?”

“Until you prove me wrong,” What did I just say? I wasn’t thinking at all and it just blurted out. He looks at me, shocked at first but then starts to laugh. “What’s so funny?”

“The only way I would be able to prove that is to do something that would probably kill me. It would have to have a reason more than just your curiosity.”

I didn’t believe he would laugh it off like that but also to make a comment like he did. Do I not appeal to him enough? Perhaps a ‘full’ body is what he would like to embrace. I see him looking for a response so I change the subject.

“So…umm where is this hidden cake of yours?”

“Just inside this cabinet,” He pulls a small half-eaten chocolate cake with what appears to be the word CAKE written on it. Honestly, who writes the word cake on a cake? He then pulls a few paper plates and plastic forks out the drawer. “Now remember, don’t tell Emi. She would kill me if you do and that kind of defeats the purpose of what she is doing.”

That brought me back to the topic of earlier.

“As I was saying before, Emi mentioned something about your real condition,” His face turned pale and then slightly red before replying.

“Well, I had a faint episode on the track today and she was just worried about me. It wasn’t a big deal so I didn’t worry about going to the nurse,” He sets down the knife he was cutting with. “I feel so feeble at times. Why did this happen to me?” I’ve got to say something. “Like I’m going to fall apart by running just one extra step…”

“Push on.”

“What?”

“Push on Hisao. Maybe not in a physical way, but you do have to get past it. We’re here for a reason and a short time, just like those fireworks. Remember?”

“And we should make do with what time we have to shine as best we can.”

“Besides, we wouldn’t have gotten to meet each other if it wasn’t the way it is,” He smiles at me as we enjoy our cake.

----------------------------------------

We spoke for some time then and I left before we would get in trouble. On the way back to my room I kept thinking about Hisao and his condition. I could only imagine what he has dealt with, yet can’t. It’s improbable, no impossible to think of.

I arrive in my room only to plant myself face first into my pillow. I don’t feel like changing. My continued thoughts clash with my feelings. I am reminded of the faint time we have, could be many years or a few days. I wish to enter my dream world where time wasn’t a factor. You could dream about a full life yet in reality it is only a few hours. Is this really the dream and the rest reality? I wish it was, for there I could be with someone I care for without such thoughts in tow.

(flashback several years)

“Do dreams really come true mother?”

“As long as you believe Rin, as long as you believe.”
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Oh my god you put Rin in a bin. :D
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

neumanproductions

Csihar wrote:Oh my god you put Rin in a bin. :D
There was no way I was going to pass up an opportunity like this. Plus, I have a Pimmy-made joke added in; that is probably to obvious though. :mrgreen:
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'm a little confused by the mustache reference. Is Rin confusing Elmer Fudd for Yosemite Sam or is she saying she's becoming Elmer because she couldn't grow a 'stache like Yosemite?
ShadowHunter23

Post by ShadowHunter23 »

neumanproductions wrote:Oh great, they’re heading for the door. There is nowhere to hide; except. A large paper recyclable bin is behind me. I dive into it as quickly as I could; a perfect fit. The two soon bust out the door.
Rin in a bin jokes are awesome! Nice one! I really like your ADITLO series. Please keep moar coming. :)
Nuclear Winter is as not bad as it sounds. :D

The March of The Feminists Chapter One posted
neumanproductions

kosherbacon wrote:I'm a little confused by the mustache reference. Is Rin confusing Elmer Fudd for Yosemite Sam or is she saying she's becoming Elmer because she couldn't grow a 'stache like Yosemite?
The second assumption is the correct one. Who knew they had Loony Tunes in Japan...I DID! (singing voice)
But seriously, I plan on having Hisao (the one to tie them all) written over the weekend. I still have one more week of this class then off to another. :roll:
Anyways, continue to read everyone, it really is a nice motivator for me to know you care...and catch the jokes/references.

Bonus: If you guys have seen my "We didn't start the abridged" video on youtube then you might like to hear that I am thinking of another parody which features KS and what has happened on the forums+ so I might mention guys like Kosher and Snicket in it. Or I might not do it at all; tough choice. :?
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Just read through all 5 currently posted... Much lols were had ^_^ Moments of "d'awwww" were also plentiful ^_^

Think you'll have the Hisao instalment up by saturday, around, let's say... 10 PM GMT? :P

No pressure >_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
neumanproductions

Almost finished with the series guys. This took longer than expected for two reasons.
1) This is the hardest and longest to write as I have to get everyone’s dialogue plus attempt to make Hisao uncertain in some cases about his feelings.
2) I had to rewrite everything from scratch after going an entirely different route for Hisao’s personality. I didn’t like the final product so it was completely trashed.
Anyways, I have decided that there will be one more character to this series plus a requested sequel to Emi’s POV. I said I was planning a sequel but got pushed on the idea by some other people.
I also want to try some new ideas soon and it is hard when I deeply want to finish this series first. Okay let’s get to why you’re here. The sixth installment of the ADITLO___________ series. (The longest to date)

A Day in the Life of Hisao

“Ugh, stupid Kenji and his feminist ideas caused me to stay awake almost straight through the night. Why would it be that my room made a better barricade than his own?”

I slowly rise from my bed. The room is holds a slight chill but I don’t mind. I look over to my desk where the pills which keep me going lay. Now which ones do I need today? I take a list out of the drawer and look it over. So that one is the pink one, the other the blue and also that puke green colored one. The guys who make these things must really have interesting taste for I’m sure they color these things. I take a bottle of water out from under my bed and pop each pill. The clock on my desk is flashing 12:00.

“Crap, I forgot to reset my clock after Kenji unplugged everything. Emi isn’t going to be too happy if I show up late. Those puppy-dog eyes will get to me for sure.”

I dig my watch out of the drawn and see that I woke up on time. Guess my internal clock is already getting used to these morning runs. I change and head out the door.

----------------------------------------------

I was still a bit tired after spending much of the night unable to fall asleep and let it show with my greeting to Emi.

“Morning Emi,” yawning.

“Hisao, don’t tell me you stayed up late last night.”

“Well I did have some work to finish.”

“You had all weekend. Why didn’t you do it then?”

“Kenji was using my room as a blockade for most of yesterday; so I spent the time trying to kick him out.”

“Hehe, I could see that as being a problem. Anyways, you look really tired. Maybe we should pass on you running today.”

“Really?” I start to feel a slight ray of hope shining on my life.

“No,” those hopes burn up faster than dried pine needles.

Her face is just too cute to resist as I start my stretches. She averts her eyes whenever she notices me looking at her. She really is a cute one. After I finish my stretches we begin with a slight jog and then slowly pick up the pace.

“Come on Hisao, you can do better than that.”

I’m still a little tired so sluggish I am but Emi didn’t have to go ahead of me like that. It is always nice to have someone to talk to when running. Eventually she laps me but decides to stick by me this time. Who would have thought I would be running again; even if it is only a slight run and with a cute girl such as this. A scene of the faithful day that changed my life replayed itself in my mind. Emi cuts the film off abruptly.

“Here, I guess I can run next to you and keep company. You can be done when you do as many laps as me.”

“Isn’t that a little unlikely seeing as you just completely lapped me?” I barely managed to get the words out as I was now starting to pant.

“Fast in the mind but not in the legs,” I manage to pull off a slight laugh at her attempted humor.

After two more times around the track my head starts to go a little light. I can tell Emi is letting me run ahead of her so I can fulfill her little condition. Eventually I start coming up right behind her. My head is sagging to the ground but I push on. I keep telling myself, ‘almost there,’ when out of nowhere.

“His…” *crash*

My head aches like there is no tomorrow as my heart starts to beat faster. What was it I hit? Breathing heavily I try and pick myself off the ground but instead of feeling the texture of the track something soft and smooth takes its place. My eyes open slowly only to be met by a beautiful green shine that could make anyone loose themselves…wait something isn’t right here. My hand instinctly squeezes what I know to be…my eyes wander down to where my hand is and the next sound confirms my suspicion.

“Hmmmm,” It was Emi’s breast!

“Ahhhhhh,” I quickly retract my hand and stumble backwards. “E-emi…I-I’m sorry…I didn’t mean…I…I…,” Oh no.

I grab my chest and clench my teeth. Am I really going to die here? My heart starts beating totally out of pace but it didn’t seem like any of the other times. This time it seemed…different, not a pain but just real sense of pleasure. No way am I getting off on a heart attack.

“Hisao!” Emi races over to where I landed after my retreat. Her eyes are full of tears and she is acting hysterical. “Hisao, speak to me! Oh, I have to get someone,” I grab her arm before she runs away. My heart stood silent for a second and then started to act as though nothing but the fatigue of running took a toll.

I…I’ll be alright Emi. Just a moment of shock that all.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” She’s still on high alert. “I feel like this is my fault, I…I shouldn’t have pushed you so much in the running and then stop without any notice.”

“It’s alright Emi,” She looks at me with tears still in her eyes. “You were only trying to push me because you want me to become stronger. Besides, it is I who should have been watching where I was running,” I smile at her. “It’s getting close to class time. Why don’t we head back and get ready. I would hate to not have taken a shower before class; considering how sweaty I am.” After having picked myself off the ground I reach out to give Emi a hand. She accepts and I pull her up of my own strength. It was as if I have become completely re-energized.

On the way back to the dorm Emi was constantly asking me if I was alright. She looked sad so I kept reassuring her that everything was fine.

“You know, Emi. Sometimes the best things in life are those that we have to slow down in order to acknowledge. Otherwise, you’ll just pass them by without even knowing they exist,” she blushes which in turn reminds me of another issue. “Don’t worry about it. I won’t tell anyone about our accident today.” I also begin blushing after recalling those events. “This will just be a secret between you and me. No one else will ever know, agreed?”

“Agreed.”

Emi and I had split before our corresponding dorms and I had just returned from the shower. I was half dressed for class when there was a knock at the door. I figured it was Kenji because he had just asked me for money last night and again in the bathroom. He sure is a persistent one. As I open the door I begin my rant.

“Kenji for the last time, I already said I don’t have any more money.” I stop and stare a good 5 seconds at who my guest was. Emi! I was shirtless so she could see the scars on my chest plain as day. “E-emi?” I slam the door when I realize what has happened. “Give me just a second.” I frantically pick up my shirt and throw it on. I always said I wouldn’t be ashamed of these scars but when the time came to it, I was. I guess this is how Hanako feels all the time, except she can’t hide it as well as I can. I open the door once again.

“Sorry, about that. I ummm…just don’t like to be seen by girls without my shirt on. I guess you could call me shy in some way, haha.” I try to pull out a fake laugh but it seems that Emi already knows the reasons. She looks spaced out so I try to pull her back. “Earth to Emi, come in Emi.”

“Huh…”

“You came here for some reason?”

“Oh, I wanted to give this to you earlier but I forgot.” I notice a small box in her hands.

“What is it?” I open it up. “This is a lunchbox?”

“Yeah, I made it for you earlier this morning. I filled it with some good, healthy stuff for you.”

“It looks delicious; I didn’t know you could cook Emi.”

“Well, I dabble.”

She is so kind, always looking out for my health. Sometimes she over does it, but I know it’s only because she cares. I wonder if she wants me to eat with her today.

“Thanks Emi. I know it will taste exceptional. Would you like me to eat with you and Rin on the roof today?”

“I actually have a meeting with the track team during lunch so I wouldn’t be there and I think Rin is going to be in the art room but I’m not too sure.”

“Alright, thanks again for the lunch though.”

We exchange goodbyes and I get back to preparing for class. I had heard of girls preparing lunches for the guy they like but could this really be the reason. My mind flashes back to this morning. It wouldn’t be too bad you know.

I enter class 3-3 before the bell rings to find Hanako sitting in the back of the room reading a book. I decide to go say hello and see what she was doing for lunch since I would rather not get pulled into another Council lunch. More than likely I’d end up paying again and Emi’s lunch looks so tasteful I’d rather enjoy it today.

“Hey Hanako, how are you this morning?”

“Ah, Hisao…umm…good morning. I-I’m doing fine; how about you?”

“Oh, you know same old same old,” I let out a laugh before hearing the rest of the students arrive along with the bell. Looks like Mutou is late again. Then a sound like a bat in the night reaches my ears or should I say my eyes because I could practically see the source without having to turn around.

“Hicchan!”

Misha appeared to be a loud one from the start and it seems that appearances are everything in this case.

“Hicchan!”

“Looks like I better get before Misha decides to force me to my seat. I’ll talk to you later Hanako.”

“S-sure.”

I make my way towards the desk as Mutou finally decides to make his grand entrance.

“Sorry, to be late again but I was lost on the path of life.”

That sounds so familiar yet I can’t place my finger on the source. It was almost like it was read from a script. Oh well, another day another doughnut; and Misha had two, literally.

---------------------------------------

When the lunch bell rang Misha and Shizune had already left. I start packing up my things when I feel a slight tap on my shoulder.

“Yes….oh, it’s you Hanako.”

“Y-yes…..well, I was kind of hoping…..that you would join me and Lilly for lunch today.”

Looks like I didn’t have to ask. I smile at her.

“Sure, I would love to join you guys. Shall we walk there together?”

“S-sure…of course,” She was completely red in the face. Is she really this shy? I finish packing everything into my bag and stash it under the desk for safe keeping.

“Alright then, let’s get going.”

On our way to the tea room I notice that many of the students are rushing to get outside. It appeared really nice and warm out but I rather spend the time indoors with Lilly and Hanako. Upon arriving at the tea room we are immediately greeted by Lilly.

“Hanako, is that you?”

It still astounds me to know that Lilly knows when someone enters a room like that. We weren’t particularly loud so maybe she has a sixth sense or something. I suppose I best let her know I’m here.

“I’m here as well, Lilly. How’s your day been thus far?”

I start chatting with Lilly about a rumor involving her and me that supposedly Kenji had started. She wonders how I knew and I responded that a mole told me. That’s right, straight from the mouth of the one who can’t see but a few feet in front of him; Kenji. Along with hitting me up for money this morning he also laid on a warning to stay away from Lilly which lead into me hearing the entire rumor.

“Hanako, would you like some tea?”

“Huhh….”

“I said would you care for some tea.”

“Y-yes…oh, sorry I was ummm…just spaced out there for a second.”

Hanako looked as though something was on her mind. Throughout the rest of lunch I keep my eye on her. At times she would look sad or appear to be thinking about something. I remember the first time I spoke to her in the library and how she was so secluded from me but recently she has become more open. We had even been talking about reading the same book as if we belonged to a book club. There already is one of those at the school but I feel it’s best for us to have our own. I haven’t been talking to her much during lunch but while I attempt to strike a conversation with her…

*Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong* “Oh, that must be the end of lunch.”

I pack up the empty lunch box of Emi’s and help clean things up. Lilly had refused at first but Hanako and I ended up convincing her anyways. Mmmmm that lunch was actually very good. I’ll have to thank Emi when I see her again. By the time we finished it as was almost time for class.

“We’ll be heading back to class Lilly. Do want us to accompany you?”

“Oh, no thank you. I’ll be fine. Now hurry up or you’ll be late.”

“W-we’ll be fine Lilly. Please, take care now.”

“Hehe, I will.”

We leave but find ourselves hearing the final bell before reaching the classroom. If Mutou doesn’t mind Hanako sometimes, I’m sure he won’t mind us together. I spoke to soon.

“Well, where have you two been this fine evening? You know, never mind. Just… try not to let it happen too often.”

He couldn’t possibly be thinking what I think he is. I’m nothing like that and neither is Hanako. Impure thoughts start to fill my mind. No, no this will in no way do. Hanako is nice but would I really desire our friendship to go that far. She is kind and pure hearted. We share the same interests in books and other things but…her smiling face pops into my head. I look past the scars on her face, thinking about my own, she really is a beautiful girl. Her shyness for some reason really makes me like her more, so cute.

I had been sitting in my desk and was now being pestered by Misha about what Hanako and I did. Why is it that everyone thinks that when a guy is with a girl they must have obviously been doing something? I would rather listen to Mutou’s lecture; okay maybe not.

---------------------------------------

Here we go again. Looks like I wasn’t free of the Council duo today after all.

“Come on Hicchan, we got a lot of work to do today.”

“But I thought the school festival was the hardest part and we were going to have a break now that it was over.”

Those two were completely in sync destroying any excuse I could give them. A great warrior never surrenders but I’m more like a lvl 3 mage in this case. I feel as though I am being dragged to the Council room so I guess I have to help.

“Alright Hicchan, we need to get all of these letters stamped and mailed by tonight for the morning pickup.”

“You have got to be…..how many of these things are there?”

“Enough for maybe…a couple hours.”

“And this is why I said you need more than three people,” no way am I staying here that long. Why can’t they recruit a new member or two so this work is split up more? Then again, I wouldn’t want someone to suffer the same cruel fate. Okay, I would if I got out of it.

“But it’s so much fun just the three of us together.”

“That’s not the way I…..wait, where are you going Shizune?”

“She’s going to get us some drinks, be grateful.”

A drink would be nice. I decide to give in for another day.

-------------------------------------------------

“Looks like Shicchan is back!”

“What kind of drink did you get me, Shizune?”

I notice she isn’t carrying anything but signs something to Misha instead.

“They were all out. Guess we have been drinking too much lately, Wahaha!”

Not only do I not get a drink but now I get to hear that laugh again. Is this a punishment because of this morning? I know karma to be a tricky thing but really I feel as though one of those laughs gives me the right to be invisible and sneak into the girls shower.

I guess Mutou might have me pegged better than I know myself.

“Anyways, let’s get to these envelops right!”

Shizune sits relatively close to me. I feel her aura rubbing against mine before I smell something in the air.

“Does anyone smell that?” I continue taking sniffs of the air trying to find the source. “I know that smell. Shizune….,” The smell was coming from her person but it can’t be what I think it is. “You smell…*sniff*….you smell…*sniff*…like my father’s alcohol cabinet. Do you drink Shizune?”

I can’t believe Shizune to be a drinker. Where would she have gotten it from anyways? An idea pops into my head along with a confounded theory. No f****ing way. That would be impossible and yet I wouldn’t put it past her.

“Hicchan, can’t you recognize a beautiful perfume when you smell one!”

“Per-perfume? Why would she be wearing perfume?”

“Don’t you like it, Hicchan!”

Is that what girls think guys want now of days; a perfume that smells of alcohol. I notice Shizune’s face turning red. I’m actually really scared right now; no I’m down right frightened.

“Evacuate, evacuate, women and children first! That means you Hicchan!” Misha pushes me out the door. “This is not going to be pretty.”

Misha closes the door and I could swear I saw a flash of light go off through the cracks. Misha and I agree it is best I don’t go back but before leaving I hear something like the ruffling of papers. I turn my head but the source of the sound eludes me, guess my imagination is getting the best of me. A nice walk would do me good.

---------------------------------------------

The sun really is making it hot in comparison to the cold morning. I feel like walking in the garden to clear my mind. Along the way a few people I never met before were apologizing for the rumor they were spreading about me and Lilly. They tell me that as soon as they heard it was Kenji who started the rumor they disbanded it quickly. It seems like many people have the same impression of the guy as I do. Upon reaching the garden I notice someone familiar on the bench.

“May I share this seat with you?”

“H-hisao?” Lilly looks caught off guard at first but she quickly regains her elegant style.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Of course, please sit.”

I sit beside her exponentially close. The bench wasn’t very big so we were practically touching each other. I try and strike up a conversation to clear the awkward phase but Lilly beats me to it.

“What brings you to this area of the school?”

“Well, originally I got pulled by Misha and Shizune to help them with some SC related work but then I was kicked out. I think it was because of something I said to Shizune.” Not the smartest thing to mention the alcohol issue. That theory is still pondering in my mind. I wonder how many other students have access to alcohol on school grounds.

“I’m sure that’s not the case. I’ve never known you to say anything offensive.”

“You have only known me for a while though.”

“I can just tell.” She chuckles with a smile that reflects the sunlight.

“Really. That’s a pretty good talent you’ve got there then.” I laugh to match her before initiating a new topic. “The flowers are beautiful today aren’t they?”

“From what I can tell.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Lilly. I should have thought...,” way to go numbskull. Commenting about what the flowers look like.

“Don’t mention it Hisao. I might not be able to see the colors but I can imagine them as an outline.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Even though I can’t see the shape of something, by touching it I can picture an outlined image in my mind. Allow me to demonstrate.” She takes a hold of my right hand and starts moving her fingers between mine. I feel a warm sensation traveling from my hand, to my chest, and finally through the rest of my body. “I see five fingers attached to a broad hand, with a little hair on the back, hehe.”

“And you’re able to picture that in your mind?”

“Exactly, and by doing that I’m able to predict what something would look like if I could see; ignoring the color of course,” she really is amazing. Perhaps I should let her get to know me better.

“Then why don’t you try to picture my face.” I lift her hands to my face. The blood rushes to my cheeks as soon as her hands make contact. I hope she doesn’t notice.

“O-okay then.”

She starts moving her hands through my hair and then to my ears. She stops on my cheeks for a bit before moving towards my eyes, then nose, and finally lips.

“Got a good enough picture?” She retracts her hands slowly. They look like they are shaking a bit but she neatly folds them in her lap as normal.

“Yeah, you don’t seem… too ugly.”

“Wait, you’re joking right?” I begin laughing after realizing that she was joking.

“You look like a handsome man to me.”

“Thanks for the compliment Lilly. I guess I’ll be heading back to the dorms now. Kenji wanted to discuss something with me today and I think it is the best time to straighten out these rumors at the source. Also, I might have a chance to get back some of the money he owes me.”

I stand up slowly and turn to Lilly as she spoke.

“Knowing him, he will probably have some sort of excuse for not paying you.”

“Guess I should try anyways. See you tomorrow Lilly.”

“Alright then, talk to you later.”

I leave with my face still red hot. I can’t believe I did that. I remember the feeling of her hands on my face; they were really soft.

------------------------------------------------

My walk took more time than I thought it would. The sun was near setting so it probably would be best to head back to the dorm. I see someone standing with their head tilted to the side looking at Rin’s mural. Upon further detail I found it to be the artist herself. I approach from behind and speak over her shoulder.

“It seems you really can’t find that rabbit can you.”

I had made a reference of being able to see a rabbit when you tilt your head to the side. Rin said she never doubted it but I never saw her actually searching for it.

“Who says I was wabbit hunting?”

“Since when did you become Elmer Fudd?”

“Well I can’t grow a mustache, or is that how you like your women,” I smile as I walk beside her. To have Rin sport a moustache would be kind of funny actually. “You know, you’re advice really paid off today.”

“I need more information than that. I am full of so many philosophical sayings after all.”

“The one about taking life slow in order to appreciate it. I used it on Emi today,” Wait, isn’t that the same thing I told Emi this morning? “She also seemed to be affected by how you see her body.”

“W-what do you mean?”

Oh no, this has to have something to do with what happened between the two of us. Emi, I thought we agreed not a word. I start getting nervous for what she might say next.

“Were you two having a wrestling match?”

“Why would we…,” wait a minute. “Good heavens nothing like that Rin!”

“Okay, but Emi did mention something about your condition. Did you have another episode?”

It’s true that Rin is the only one that knows the exact reason I’m here and what I have to deal with. I even got the nerve to tell her about how I found out I had the condition and the time on the track. I have grown close to Rin over the last few weeks. Not in a romantic sense but for some reason the way we have a conversation always causes me to be more open with myself and her. Where else do you find someone that really makes you think about the world? Suddenly a loud grumbling noise pulls me from my thoughts. Rin looks shyly at the ground and then up towards me.

“How about we deal with your hunger condition first. Don’t tell Emi but I secretly have a bit of chocolate cake in my room if you would like to share.”

One of her favorite things to eat is chocolate. Luckily I was able to sneak it from the cafeteria with the help of Kenji a few nights ago. Sometimes that guy really does have a use.

“I do enjoy cake. It’s so light and fluffy, almost like you are eating a cloud.”

“Have you ever tried eating a cloud?”

“Fog is a cloud, just close to the ground. You open your mouth like this and bite,” She motions as though snatching something out of the air with her teeth. *cough, cough*

“Are you okay Rin?”

“Bugs don’t taste as good as a cloud. Now, about that cake.”

I remembered that I wanted to get Kenji to pay me back today. I would hate to ask Rin for help but there is strength in numbers. She ponders about the word friend when I ask.

“I wouldn’t really call him a friend. More like a bad acquaintance.”

We arrive at his door where we hear several loud noises.

“It sounds like he is wrestling with a panda in there.”

“Now where would he get a panda?”

*thump, crash* “Save me!”

“Okay, maybe your point has some validity,” I pound on the door. “Kenji, what’s going on in there? The doors locked, I can’t get in.”

All is quiet until his voice rings in my ears.

“The feminists have breached the walls! Send all available units to the front line! The pink destruction is here!”

“You’re drunk again, aren’t you?”

Kenji has rambled nonsensical things when drunk. A few nights ago he was even rambling about some high-tech male attraction spray he had confiscated from someone and how he planned on creating a resistant to it. I’m starting to believe that the alcohol isn’t the only reasoning for his actions.

“I’m telling you, save yourselves!” *thud* Then all was quiet.

“Yep, he’s as drunk as a pirate in a galley of rum. Let’s leave him be. I’ll ask for my money in the future.”

“You certainly have interesting friends. Is that why you were so inept on lounging with me during the Festival?”

“What? Don’t even think something like that. You’re nothing like him. You have your own unique way of looking at things. He just…well…I’ve got nothing.”

She caught me off guard with that one. It is true that she has her own unique way of seeing things but that is what I like about her. Why does she think that would be the reason I hang out with her, especially during that night? She responds with a smile on her face.

“So the great philosopher can’t explain everything. Then again, can anything really be explained?”

“There is the Rin I know. *grumble, grumble* Now I’m getting hungry. Let’s head in before we run into another interesting predicament.”

------------------------------------------------------

“Those all for your pants problem?”

“How many times are you going to think there is a problem down there?”

“Until you prove me wrong,” what was that? At first I start to go red in the face. Could she really be asking to do something so fast? My heart pounds like a war drum just before the final battle. I try as I might to shake it off and convince myself that it was a joke. Yeah, Rin would say something like that. I begin laughing at the thought. “What’s so funny?”

“The only way I would be able to prove that is to do something that would probably kill me. It would have to have a reason more than just your curiosity.”

That last part sounded harsh to me for some reason. I can’t explain it, but I feel as though I hurt her in some way. She looks sad. Now you have done it Hisao, but before I speak again she changes the subject.

“So…umm where is this hidden cake of yours?”

Maybe it is best if we move on.

“Just inside this cabinet,” I pull the half eaten cake out of my cabinet along with several utensils and plates. The cake had the word CAKE inscribed on the top when I found it. Who honestly would do something like that? Maybe it was going to be used in an English class since that’s what language it was written in. “Now remember, don’t tell Emi. She would kill me if you do and that kind of defeats the purpose of what she is doing.”

I recall our earlier topic and knowing Rin she will be quick…

“As I was saying before, Emi mentioned something about your real condition.”

I feel cold before a flash of warmth restores my thinking process. My mind flashes once again to the incident but I recompose myself and answer her question.

“Well, I had a faint episode on the track today and she was just worried about me. It wasn’t a big deal so I didn’t worry about going to the nurse,” I realize just how feeble I really am. I can’t even run a few laps nor have feelings for a girl without something happening. Am I doomed to be alone forever? Will I die the next time a girl confesses her love for me or vice versa? I verbally let myself go. “I feel so feeble at times. Why did this happen to me?” I rant about my life. Why do I even try to resist. The first time I make love will be the time my heart explodes. Nurse will clean up the parts only to say, ‘I told you so’. I just feel, I feel, “Like I’m going to fall apart by running just one extra step…”

“Push on.”

“What?”

“Push on Hisao. Maybe not in a physical way, but you do have to get past it. We’re here for a reason and a short time, just like those fireworks. Remember?”

Her words clear my mind immediately. They pierce my thoughts and I delve back to a night that seems special. Rin’s head against my shoulder sleeping so peacefully, firework blasts reflecting off her face, those drowsy eyes of hers when she woke up and our discussion about the how something so beautiful could last for only a moment. Those fireworks knew they are only there for a second yet they shine as bright and explode as loud as they can. That in itself makes it all worth it.

“And we should make do with what time we have to shine as best we can.”

“Besides, we wouldn’t have gotten to meet each other if it wasn’t the way it is.”

She is right. I never would have gotten to meet such interesting people if fate hadn’t bestowed this curse upon me. No, it doesn’t feel like a curse anymore but the start of a new path. Rin, Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, and yes, even Kenji and Misha. They are all parts of this path that I now travel. Where the path ends I will never know if I give up on it. I smile to Rin as we enjoy our cake.

------------------------------------

Before I fall asleep I say a little prayer. I’m not a deeply religious man but I feel as though it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

“Rin is right you know. I would never have gotten into this spot if I never had this problem. I don’t want to say thanks for putting me here or complain about the events that lead to this outcome. However, now that I am here it would be nice to have the chance at following this path. It would be interesting to see what is at the end and along the way.”

I dream of walking on a path towards a dark figure. I can’t make out who it is but it gives me a sort of hope. A hope that I will one day know who it is waiting for me.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Very good entry neuman. I enjoyed how the day progressed and his interactions with all the girls, and Kenji getting his ass handed on a silver platter. Looking forward to the rest. I imagined when Shizune is about to go nuclear, this is what I had thought of . :)
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Good read, my man, good read ^_^
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
ShadowHunter23

Post by ShadowHunter23 »

Once again, you have made such an awesome fan fic. This is actually better than what I expected, great work! I hope more ADITLO installments comes in the future. Perhaps depicting the (likely) life of Hisao with any of the girls way after they graduated or something like that. Anyways, loved how you write your works and the jokes and references you made. Especially the one about Misha having two doughnuts.
Nuclear Winter is as not bad as it sounds. :D

The March of The Feminists Chapter One posted