Alpha tester application thread

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Eidim

Re: Alpha tester application thread

Post by Eidim »

I'm willing to apply for this position, and it seems I meet all requirements, except I have free time to play and test the game, but probably not so much as some other candidates here. And I use both Windows XP and Kubuntu, so I could do the testing on both systems should it be necessary. Yet I have to warn you one more time, I'll probably have around 10-16 hours a week roughly, if it'll not do, I'm afraid I can't help it.

p.s. One more thing, I'm not a native speaker of English, and even though I didn't find it in the criteria list, I felt it was good to mention. (I'm still quite confident about my skills)
Cloud668

Post by Cloud668 »

can i join the testing too?
breathstealer
Alpha Tester

Post by breathstealer »

Seems like I've lost my dev forums access (which I guess was bound to happen), so does that make me eligible?

Edit: Using WinXP
Last edited by breathstealer on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

For all who are applying, remember to say what OS you're running. And as I've said, I'll see how many applicants I have, then I'll talk to you via PM to see how eligible you are and ask you some skill-testing questions. For preparation, play through our Grid 1+ (that nonexistent unleaked alpha a while back), and note all the things you would note as a tester and be ready to show them.
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I would be happy to help with the Betatesting of this game. I've done some moderately similar things before, such as proofreading for various people, and I've played every Visual Novel I'm capable of getting my hands on (example: Piece of Wonder, from Hirameki). Like most people who seem to be applying, I really have nothing better to do... and even if I did, I'd probably reschedule it. o.O I found out about this project recently through MirrorMoon's blog, and I absolutely love the concept. I'd have offered to help earlier, but my artistic skills are absolutely awful, and it seems you have enough writers. This, however, is definitely something I can do. Currently, I'm running Windows XP, and while it was noted that Mac and Linux users are getting bonus points, it can't hurt to have some diversity. I might catch some things others will miss.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

TcDohl wrote:For preparation, play through our Grid 1+ (that nonexistent unleaked alpha a while back), and note all the things you would note as a tester and be ready to show them.
I'm new around here, where would one find this?

And I guess I lose points for using Windows XP.
Ice cream

Post by Ice cream »

yeah i was wondering about that as well..
i do recall reading something about this in one of the comments in mirror moon but that was quite a while ago.. :roll:
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Hint: you may or may not find that it does not exist in Rapidshare.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

So are you now admitting that it exists?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
qtR`

Post by qtR` »

Hi, I would like to apply for the alphatesting. Even though I'm not a native english speaker I still feel like I'm fairly good at finding spelling errors and stuff like that.
I use Windows XP and might also be able to test on Linux (Most likely Ubuntu).
I have quite a lot of free time at the moment with nothing to do, so this could be my opportunity to actually do something usefull for once.
I'm already on IRC, Nick: qtR`
Minus.ca

Post by Minus.ca »

Hello, I would love to Alpha test this game.

I understand if there isn't room for me, I'm not a regular of /a or anything but I do fit all of the criteria (sadly including an abundance of time) and I have been a fan since I was able to find the first grid which may or may not exist (sometime in July or September). I've been reading the forums/blog since then. I have played through the first grid (may or may not exist) a lot, and I did notice some spelling and grammar mistakes. I'm going to go run through it again to see if I can find them. Hope you guys consider me.

I'm using Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2, pretty generic
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

I see that some of you prospective alpha testers haven't checked your PM inboxes yet. As I've said, I'll be contacting you through PM if I am interested. Check your PM inbox now.

Envy

Post by Envy »

Personally I'd love to get my hands on the Alpha but sadly I lack that all important free time; it stopped me from applying (I hesitate to use the word "writing" like I'd actually be accepted by all the team) to write a path and thus it holds me back again.

Oh Japan, damn you. Damn you for holding me here.
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

Quit it Envy. You're going to make all the weeaboos that want to go to Japan feel bad.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Envy

Post by Envy »

Lulz wrote:Quit it Envy. You're going to make all the weeaboos that want to go to Japan feel bad.
I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of my intention.

And kudos to you for not making the painfully obvious joke by calling said weeaboos envious, like no one would have thought of that one.