New characters for act 2

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PharaohSauron

Re: New characters for act 2

Post by PharaohSauron »

LiquidOcelot wrote:I don't want to speculate on what the dev's are doing, but I am curious about minor characters.
I want to see the member of the faculty that patrols the male dorm hallways: former bomb technician with a metal leg, claw-hand, eye patch, and hearing issues; goes by the name of "Lucky." Most of the kids think he's all right.

*readies shield for barrage of vegetables*
Remember, folks:
I'm watching you.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

PharaohSauron wrote: I want to see the member of the faculty that patrols the male dorm hallways: former bomb technician with a metal leg, claw-hand, eye patch, and hearing issues; goes by the name of "Lucky." Most of the kids think he's all right.

I'm picturing Professor Moody from Harry Potter.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

PinkMagus

Post by PinkMagus »

PharaohSauron wrote:
LiquidOcelot wrote:I don't want to speculate on what the dev's are doing, but I am curious about minor characters.
I want to see the member of the faculty that patrols the male dorm hallways: former bomb technician with a metal leg, claw-hand, eye patch, and hearing issues; goes by the name of "Lucky." Most of the kids think he's all right.

Lil spoiler here, apparently Hisao does have a bomb technician with a eye patch and hearing issues in his dorm.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Just what I have seen from many of the novels I have played through is that many of the supporting characters can have little effect on anything in the game. I think that the minor characters in the first act will have important roles in determining the way each path ends; multiple endings.
Hisao cheating on Lilly with her sister; BAD ENDING. Another great speculation. :o
(Wait even better. You get a medium ending becuase Lilly walks into the room when all is quite and Hisao and Akira are right in the middle of it. They stay perfectly still and don't make a sound. Lilly walks right past them and leaves without noticing. Why arn't I writing fanfic?) :wink:
Oh wait, this is a topic about new charcters! So I don;t think there will be much, if any, new characters needed or used in the following acts as they are not truely important because of all the things that could happen with the already established characters. Besides, that just means there is more work for the Devs and more time of waiting for us.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

neumanproductions wrote: Hisao cheating on Lilly with her sister; BAD ENDING. Another great speculation. :o
I'd totally go for that ending
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Smoku wrote:
neumanproductions wrote: Hisao cheating on Lilly with her sister; BAD ENDING. Another great speculation. :o
Beat me to it, man. There's no such thing as a bad Akira end.
neumanproductions wrote:Why arn't I writing fanfic?) :wink:
Yeah. Why aren't you? Sounds like a perfectly sound premise to me :P
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

kosherbacon wrote:
Smoku wrote:
Beat me to it, man. There's no such thing as a bad Akira end.
neumanproductions wrote:Why arn't I writing fanfic?) :wink:
Yeah. Why aren't you? Sounds like a perfectly sound premise to me :P
I might, after I get some more time because now i'll have to think of a way to expand on the idea .
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
SuperAnon

Post by SuperAnon »

Akira and Hideaki can be the Romeo and Juliet to reconcile Shizune and Lilly's conflict. Better yet, maybe they're part of the problem.
nobody important

Post by nobody important »

Guest Poster wrote:
A trap younger brother is the logical next step in the enmity between Shizune and Lilly.
In my own opinion they don't really need a trap brother to explain the friction between them. They already have opposing personalities. Shizune is the workaholic perfectionist type who wants to keep total control of a process in order to make things turn out as good as they possibly can be and likes to keep on top of things AND people to get it done ASAP. Lilly is the easy-going type who delegates as much as possible and keeps the pace relaxed so everybody can keep up. If they were forced to work together on something (and seeing that they're both class reps, I think that's already happened several times over the years before Hisao turned up) I can totally see both of them frustrating the hell out of each other at every twist and turn, even when neither of them means to do so. Involving a trap brother would, in my opinion, attempt to justify something that already has a rational justification to begin with.
And to add fuel to the fire, Lilly's blind and Shizune is a deaf-mute... Which makes discussing things an issue. For anyone else, Shizune could write something down, but for Lilly, anything Shizune has to say has to go through Misha, period. Since Misha's always cheerful and Lilly can't pick up any visual cues coming from Shizune's facial expressions or body language, it would have been all too easy for her to start off with the wrong impression. Heck, short of reaching over and grabbing her, Lilly has no way to even know that Shizune even exists except for what other people say about her. Shizune cannot deal with Lilly directly, and, given that Shicchan can be a bit of a control freak, I can't help but imagine that, on some level, this bothers her.

Adding to the issue are Misha and Hanako. Shizune needs Misha in order to effectively communicate with the world, while Lilly has taken in Hanako and isn't the sort of person who abandons a friend. There's pretty much no way that Hanako could be in the same room as Misha for more than three minutes without fleeing in terror.

Come to think of it, I somehow doubt Lilly, who relies heavily on her hearing and has more sensitive ears than the average person, would really enjoy dealing with Misha either. Not only would it just be unpleasantly, headache-inducingly LOUD, but hearing the rest of the world past her would be, well, difficult, to say the least.

Meanwhile, Shizune's not particularly happy with Hanako constantly skipping classes. Hanako, meanwhile, probably just wants to curl up in a dark corner and disappear forever whenever Shizune starts scolding her, especially since the message is generally delivered via the thunderously loud voice of Misha.

So, well, we've got bad vibes building up all around, pretty much inevitably. The question isn't one of why there's friction between them, but rather of how it isn't worse than it is.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Man, that was well-worded and well-thought out, whoever you are, you should join the forum. Would be a good addition, I bet.

I kind of wish they had some male in there that could be Hisao's best friend, but for some reason I can't see that happening...
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Scarlet Fox wrote:I kind of wish they had some male in there that could be Hisao's best friend, but for some reason I can't see that happening...
What about Kenji? Did you forget about him?
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
DESU

Post by DESU »

Extremist_Line wrote:
Scarlet Fox wrote:I kind of wish they had some male in there that could be Hisao's best friend, but for some reason I can't see that happening...
kenji is a joke character.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

DESU wrote:
Extremist_Line wrote:
Despite the fact that Kenji is used for comic relief, he probably is the closest thing Hisao has to a best male friend.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Run Out Groove wrote:
DESU wrote:
Extremist_Line wrote: What about Kenji? Did you forget about him?
Despite the fact that Kenji is used for comic relief, he probably is the closest thing Hisao has to a best male friend.
This is also true for many guys IRL sadly often. Call it Sunohara Syndrome.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

nobody important wrote: And to add fuel to the fire, Lilly's blind and Shizune is a deaf-mute... Which makes discussing things an issue. For anyone else, Shizune could write something down, but for Lilly, anything Shizune has to say has to go through Misha, period. Since Misha's always cheerful and Lilly can't pick up any visual cues coming from Shizune's facial expressions or body language, it would have been all too easy for her to start off with the wrong impression. Heck, short of reaching over and grabbing her, Lilly has no way to even know that Shizune even exists except for what other people say about her. Shizune cannot deal with Lilly directly, and, given that Shicchan can be a bit of a control freak, I can't help but imagine that, on some level, this bothers her.

Morse code.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts