Shizune's cell phone

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

Re: Shizune's cell phone

Post by Smoku »

I wanted to write my diploma work on ancient Aztec stone tablets. Strangely my promoter didn't agree. You think Shicchan would have such an idea?
beats cellphones
Bara

Post by Bara »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Word of God, etc etc, but I was still under the impression that the deaf community was all-up-ons SMS. At least in America, they're very tight-knit. Are Japanese deaf not closely-knit, or what? It seems counter-intuitive is all. She's gotta have at least one deaf friend, and even if she didn't, you can text hearing people too. Sure, it wouldn't be good to communicate with strangers, obviously, but with as high a utility as a cell phone has, it seems unlikely that she wouldn't have one.

Maybe she is secretly a poor (._.)
If I remember rightly it has been said before that the school has classes geared for deaf students just as Lilly is in a class for visually impaired kids. Shizune for her own reasons chooses not to be in that class. Though I could be mixing things up as senile old geezers like myself are wont to do. :mrgreen:

(As a little note. The US Army, even with all its fancy satellite and portable field computers/communications equipment, still requires an NCO to carry a notebook and pen at all times.)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

How can she use a notebook if she's deaf?

...sorry, but it was called for. On topic, I think she'd do well with an iPhone.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Maybe she is secretly a poor (._.)
I guess that would explain why she's always having Hisao pay for things.

Also, what if she does have a cell phone, she just doesn't like to use it unless she has to? Problem solved. It would also make sense because she wouldn't be able to hear it ring, and the fact that the Yamaku uniforms don't seem to have any pockets suggests a vibrate function wouldn't do much good either. (Personally, I miss half of my phone's vibrations even when it is in my pocket. :roll: ) She'd probably find a pen and paper a lot less annoying in that sense.
Goldilurks wrote:I think she'd do well with an iPhone.
I just imagined Lilly or Rin trying to use an iPhone and lol'ed. I'm a terrible person.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

DESU

Post by DESU »

Csihar wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Maybe she is secretly a poor (._.)
I guess that would explain why she's always having Hisao pay for things.
haven't you ever been on a date? the man ALWAYS pays.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I thought they made Misha pay.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

on 4chan a moron asked: She's deaf, why does she wear glasses then?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

DESU wrote:
Csihar wrote:I guess that would explain why she's always having Hisao pay for things.
haven't you ever been on a date? the man ALWAYS pays.
I'm a feminist. 8) (Yes, a male feminist. It still counts....) I'm also in a situation where I'm perpetually more broke than my girlfriend, so yeah.

Anyway, I agree on principle, especially when you're first getting to know a girl. Misha paying is probably just the result of her being Shizune's butt monkey.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Smoku wrote:on 4chan a moron asked: She's deaf, why does she wear glasses then?
Folks do that everywhere; running their mouths without their brain being in gear, I mean. The older I get the more stupid stuff I find coming out of my mouth and making me look foolish. I just blame it on early senility ... and no one disagrees... the rat bastards. :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Bara wrote:(As a little note. The US Army, even with all its fancy satellite and portable field computers/communications equipment, still requires an NCO to carry a notebook and pen at all times.)
Mebbe because officers are old and old people don't understand new technology? :) Or it could be just in case equipment fails (EMP attack o teh noez)

I dunno, I see Shizune with a cellphone with a keyboard instead of an iPhone. It's much easier to text with buttons than a screen, I've had my iPhone for 4 months and I best I could text faster on my keypad on my old phone just picking it up for the first time in this long time. Though, she may have one for some strategy games on there...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:
Smoku wrote:on 4chan a moron asked: She's deaf, why does she wear glasses then?
Folks do that everywhere; running their mouths without their brain being in gear, I mean. The older I get the more stupid stuff I find coming out of my mouth and making me look foolish. I just blame it on early senility ... and no one disagrees... the rat bastards. :oops:
Umm, I think it was intentional. I've seen that joke on the forums and Shimmie. It's supposed to have people correct the statement, by pointing out the obvious, or at the very least make people think about it themselves for a moment. It's like a tame form of trolling.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Word of God, etc etc, but I was still under the impression that the deaf community was all-up-ons SMS. At least in America, they're very tight-knit. Are Japanese deaf not closely-knit, or what? It seems counter-intuitive is all. She's gotta have at least one deaf friend, and even if she didn't, you can text hearing people too. Sure, it wouldn't be good to communicate with strangers, obviously, but with as high a utility as a cell phone has, it seems unlikely that she wouldn't have one.

Yes she fucking owns one. Every character in the game owns a cellphone. Shizune just uses the notepad rather than the cell for face to face communication. Why is there two pages argumentation about this?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Aura wrote:

Yes she owns one. Every character in the game owns a cellphone. Shizune just uses the notepad rather than the cell for face to face communication. Why is there two pages argumentation about this?
Everyone except for Kenji.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Aura wrote:Why is there two pages argumentation about this?
I believe your last blog post touched on this. KS fans are a dangerous combination of slightly insane and extremely bored. :roll:

What I Have I Hold

Post by What I Have I Hold »

I bet a cell phone would be more useful at certain times, like at night when it's too dark to see words.

Goldilurks wrote:How can she use a notebook if she's deaf?

...sorry, but it was called for. On topic, I think she'd do well with an iPhone.
Did you just imply she needs to hear to write on a piece of paper? How do Shizune school?