Shizune's cell phone

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of Grey

Re: Shizune's cell phone

Post by Shades of Grey »

Ah, i think I recall her writing the list of paint supplies for Hisao on it. Or was that just a sheet of paper, I can't recall. That said, it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to have a cellphone and notepad/pen. I guess a cute stationary and fountain pen does fit with her wanting to look good.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Where does she keep her fountain pen such that she doesn't get poked/ink doesn't get everywhere?

edit: Looking at Wikipedia images it looks like fountain pens actually come with caps. :V
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

You have to know someone's number and address in order to text them and they would then be able to know yours.

Sage.
hurr durr
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

you can still type something and then show it to the person if you need to use it like that. That way you don't need to worry about running out of paper or ink. A cellphone is also more compact. A simple pen and paper does have its uses though.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I don't know, do we even know if Hisao has a cell phone on him? If he does, wouldn't that be one of those ways to communicate to meet somewhere in the future; normally a text message....like this idea hasn't been used in half the recent anime.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Anonymous22 has spoken again.
ooook...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Take away the fact that she is deaf. She is a high school girl. Most of them have cell phones. And really, she seems like the type who would need to frequently communicate with people who aren't in hearing range of Misha's voice. So a cell phone would be best.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Everyone on the planet is in hearing range of Misha's voice.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I think it wouldn't be strange if Shizune had a perfectly normal cell phone. Some time ago I've seen a commercial of a cellphone with a pair of deaf mutes who communicated via cellphones using sign language. The phone provided them with a feature with video talks. They could see each other in the phones, having cameras imbued in those devices. neat.

Plus, Shizune could have just a normal cellphone but she wouldn't use it for making calls, just to write SMS. done.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Shades of Grey wrote:Ah, i think I recall her writing the list of paint supplies for Hisao on it. Or was that just a sheet of paper, I can't recall. That said, it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to have a cellphone and notepad/pen. I guess a cute stationary and fountain pen does fit with her wanting to look good.
She also uses it after leaving the tea shop the last time. (Leaving Misha inside to pay the bills)
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Comparing efficiency to perfection, Shizune would probably choose perfection, thus the ball pen and paper stuff. Text messages are, homework quality deteriorating.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Caesius wrote:Where does she keep her fountain pen such that she doesn't get poked/ink doesn't get everywhere?
edit: Looking at Wikipedia images it looks like fountain pens actually come with caps. :V
Didn't you have to use fountain pens in school? I was forced to in elementary school. We weren't allowed to write with pencils or ballpoint pens. I guess it was an old-fashioned tradition or something. I think the idea behind it was that a fountain pen does not allow certain movements, thereby giving your handwriting a special look.
Shades of Grey wrote:you can still type something and then show it to the person if you need to use it like that. That way you don't need to worry about running out of paper or ink. A cellphone is also more compact. A simple pen and paper does have its uses though.
It's not like you run out of paper unexpectedly, you can always see how much paper is left. As for the ink, the cartridges are usually very small, about 40 mm in length and 6mm in diameter (at least those that I used). You can always have a spare with you in your wallet or wherever. A cellphone needs to be recharged, and that's more problematic than just asking someone for paper.

And if she ever runs out of paper, she can still take off her panties and write on those. That would at least explain why there are words scribbled all over them. :mrgreen:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Ok, a pen and paper have undeniable functionality for Shizune in some situations. She can write something and show it to people or make a note to give to someone. I'm just saying that it would be rather odd for her to not have a cellphone as well. It just seems like something that most people would have (especially since they live in japan) and it would be very useful for someone like the student council president.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Word of God, etc etc, but I was still under the impression that the deaf community was all-up-ons SMS. At least in America, they're very tight-knit. Are Japanese deaf not closely-knit, or what? It seems counter-intuitive is all. She's gotta have at least one deaf friend, and even if she didn't, you can text hearing people too. Sure, it wouldn't be good to communicate with strangers, obviously, but with as high a utility as a cell phone has, it seems unlikely that she wouldn't have one.

Maybe she is secretly a poor (._.)
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Bara

Post by Bara »

Aura wrote:Shizune is oldfashioned and uses a cute stationery notebook and a fountain pen that she carries with her if she needs to talk through writing.
Oh, good to know she upgraded from writing in cuneiform on wet clay tablets with a sharpened reed stylus. Postage on those tablets was expensive. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?