KS Shorts

WORDS WORDS WORDS

neumanproductions

Re: KS Shorts

Post by neumanproductions »

Mag wrote: A contest to see who is more proper. Natsumi Wakana or Lilly Satou? The winner will get Hisao.
Interesting concept, I would love to be the judge of that contest. :mrgreen:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

But what would the contest be?

Yuri Lemon, please.
Mag

Post by Mag »

I don't think we should be the judge. In fact, i think it should be Hisao. And if the girls do not want him to be a judge for some reason(mainly because he seems too nice to make up his mind so his answer would be both), the judge can be either Emi, Muto, or Rin. Emi because she seems neutral to Natsumi and Lilly. Muto because he is a teacher and an adult so he can decide what is proper or not. And Rin because i'd like to see her give a weird, in-depth answer as to why people act proper in the first place giving no answer at all until a long ass speech of nonsense. Or maybe all three?
neumanproductions

That would be an interesting panel. Now who is Simon?
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Mag

Post by Mag »

Who knows? Well Snicket may if he decides to make a short out of this. It'll all be up to him.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Snicket wrote: Soon the counsel room was covered in discarded clothes; some of them mine and some of them theirs. Some of on tables and some one chairs.
Dr. Seuss' writings just got a whole lot sexier.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Sgt_Frog wrote:
Snicket wrote: Soon the counsel room was covered in discarded clothes; some of them mine and some of them theirs. Some of on tables and some one chairs.
**childhood memories shattering** Cat in a Hat in a new light. :P
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Whoa i didn't even realize that i did that, till you mentioned it. Strange, how did something like that get its way into my sub-conchies?

Anyway, I was planning on typing up something after work today, either something for my OC or another one i've been meaning to do. Either way they're will be a new 'short' tonight, if not tomorrow.
Mag

Post by Mag »

Yay! New short! Wonder what Natsumi will be like. -thinks on how she will be like- poor Hisao :(
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well unfortunately i got stuck working a lot later then i originally planned to. So i didn't get any 'short' done for today.

Though i will try to get something done tomorrow for you guys.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Wren wrote:
Sgt_Frog wrote:
**childhood memories shattering** Cat in a Hat in a new light. :P
I have quite a few cracks in my childhood/adolescence memories. Like when I found out that when the main female of a colony of clownfish dies, the largest male turns into a female. I can never watch "Finding Nemo" again.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well here is another short for you guys. It's one i was planning on writing a long time ago, but never really got to it till now.

Anyway before anyone ask, this idea came up before there were sprite changes. If you catch my drift.

Anyway, enjoy ;)

-check out

The smell of old books fills my nostrils as I take a deep breathe and let out a sigh. I must have gone through this section of books about a dozen times and I still can’t find anything good.

‘I don’t want to read about boy wizards or journeys across vast lands to destroy a demonic item. Instead I want to read something that hasn’t been made into a movie and bastardized beyond belief I want something that…’

My tangent thought it cut off by the sound of squeaking wheels of a cart, further down the same isle I’m trying to find a decent book. Following the sound, I stop a small tuff of hair poking out behind a large stack of book. I approach the mound of books stacked on the small cart and clear my throat to get the clumsy librarian’s attention.

“Hey Yuuko?”

“AHH!” The woman lets out a shriek as I apparently startle her.

“Eh..Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“I-It’s alright Hisao, what can I do for you.”

I walk around the small mountain of books on the cart and face Yuuko on the other side. “Hey, uh do you know where there are any books about space travel?”

Yuuko places a book on its designated spot on a neat by shelf before answering. “Science Fiction is that way, about two or three isles down.”

I step out from behind the book shelf and turn towards where Yuuko was pointing. “This way?”

“Y-yeah.” Yuuko says with a nod.

As I leave the librarian to her book sorting, I start venturing down the science fiction isle. I almost immediately find a book I’ve been meaning to read. Pulling if off the shelf I flip threw the heavily worn pages.

You can tell how popular a book it, just by how warn the cover and pages are; though the same look can occur if the book is neglected and toss around. This one however is one worm from being constantly read, not neglect.

As I flip to the end of the book, I notice Hanako’s name on the little check out slip. I smile as I see this and close the book.

‘Who would of thought she would read something like this.’

As I continue to brows the section of books, a sudden burst of commotion erupts from the other side of the library. I pock my head out from behind the bookshelf to see what’s going on.

Yuuko along with a group of students seem to be arguing about something. I notice that almost all of them are wearing letterman jacks from numerous schools over there Yamaku uniforms.

“Y-you g-guys should know better, that you can’t rough house here.”

One of the students steps forward and confronts Yuuko. I notice that he has a long scare running how the left side of this face. Along with an odiously fake dye job, making his hair look almost most pink instead of red.

“Oh c’mon miss library lady, where not hurting anyone. Why can’t we have a little fun?”

“T-this is a place for students to rough house, it’s…”

The student steps forward, causing Yuuko to cut herself off. “What a place for the nerds to hand out? Are you calling us nerds?”

A few of the other students behind the ‘pink haired’ boy approach the frightened librarian. “Hey guys, this lady thinks where a bunch of nerds.”

“I-I didn’t say that, i-i...”

‘Shit it looks like Yuuko is in trouble, maybe I should go find a teacher or…’

Suddenly one of the boys throngs a book at Yuuko. Bareilly missing her, but the action still causes her to jump.

“Hey look I think, she’s scared, this brad isn’t a teacher so…”

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” I shout as I charge at the group of thugs.

“H-Hisao?” Yuuko squeaks out, still trembling with fear.

“Beat it kid, this doesn’t concern you.”

“Like hell it doesn’t, what the hell is wrong with you? All she asked was for you guys not to trash the place. How is that so hard to comprehend?”

“Compre...what?”
I let out a frustrated sigh. “To understand you idiot, how is that so hard to understand?”

“Hey! You picking a fight kid?”

I say nothing and stare into the brutes eyes; he could easily kick my ass. Given that he actually had full use of his appendages, but after further examination. I can see that his right and left arms is almost paralyzed, thus explaining why he couldn’t aim the book correctly when he threw it.

“So are you?”

I smile and take a few steps towards the brute. “So what if I am, what are you going to do about it, hit me? You can’t even through a book straight.”

‘Ok maybe I bit too much off more then I can chew in that last sentence.

The brute stares me down for a few seconds, odiously debating what actions to take. To my surprise he turns around and starts heading towards the door.

“C’mon guys lets go.”

“But what about…”

“I SAID LETS GO, THIS PUNK ISN’T WORTH IT!” The pink haired brute yells to one of his followers.

As the nuisance vacates the library, I turn to Yuuko whose still standing in the spot she was in when I walk over.

“You alright?”

“Y-yeah, I think so, thank you.”

“You’re welcome, couldn’t sit back and...”

Yuuko cuts me off midsentence. “That was really stupid you know that?”

“Blah, they were just a bunch of punks and…”

The pink haired brute suddenly returns to the library, carrying a soccer ball. “Hey hero, Catch.”

The brute lets the ball go form his hands and kicks it with tremendous force. Flying right past us and mashing into one of the near by bookshelves behind Yuuko and me.

It teeters a bit, but doesn’t budge.”You got lucky punk!” The brute shouts as he escapes out into the hallway.

“Phew that was close; I didn’t think he’d….”

Suddenly the shelf that the soccer ball smashed into starts to fall forward, right towards Yuuko.

“LOOK OUT!” I shout as I charge towards Yuuko and attempt to push her out of the way of the falling shelf.

“Hisao, what are you…”

My attempt fails and I pretty much push the poor librarian to the ground, in my attempt to save her; though I still try to redeem this action as I cover her with my own body.

The bookshelf falls and luckily smashes into a near by pillar, stopping it form falling on us. Though just as we think we’ve avoided harm, hundreds and hundreds of books start to rain down on us. Most of them hitting me, since I covered Yuuko with my body when I fell on top of her.

“AAAAHHHH!!” Yuuko screams clenching on to me as the books rain from above.

Suddenly everything goes quiet. The kind of quiet you get when you ‘think’ the worse it over. But in reality it’s only just begun.

Still covered in literature, I struggle to emerge from the pile. Rising up I look around at the aftermath.

Most of the floor is littered with hundreds of books, scattering across most the library.

I look down and notice that she’s blushing profusely. Then again I just was on top of her and we did just get buried with books, so it’s understandable that she have this kind of reaction.

This doesn’t stop my heart form skipping a beat, after looking at the librarian’s face.

“Hey, you alright.”

Yuuko nods. “Y-yeah, I’m ok.”

“Well the good news is that the books stopped falling, the bad news is...”

Suddenly a book falls on top of my head, causing me to cut myself off midsentence. Yuuko giggles at this, but quickly covers her mouth.

“I-I’m sorry that’s not funny.”

I let out a laugh as I rise to my feet. “Sure it is.”

“No it’s not, I shouldn’t have laughed.”

Looking down at Yuuko, I hold out my hand and offer to help her up. She grabs it and emerges from the pile with a look of horror on her face.

“Yesh, what a mess.”

Yuuko silently nods, not changing her expression.

I turn towards the empty shelf and tip it back on its stand. It makes a loudening thud as I do this. Yuuko picks up a few of the fallen books and starts placing them on the self.

“We’re going to be at this for hours.”

Yuuko stops midway from picking up another pile of books and looks up at me. “W-we?”

“Of course, it wouldn’t be right for you to have to do this on your own.”

Hours pass, honestly I can’t say how many; though I do know that enough have gone, by to turn day into night. The hums of the florescent lights are all prevent the library from being dead quiet. Despite her original notions, Yuuko hasn’t said a word since I offered to help her; though she does react every time I turn towards her, usually either blushing or turning away drastically.

Placing the final book on the now filled shelf, I let out a sigh of relief.

“Done.”

Yuuko emerges from behind another bookshelf, carrying a few chilled beverages in her hand.

“Done already?”

I nod and take one of the can out of Yuuko’s hand.

“T-thank you, Hisao.”

“Na, don’t worry about it. It was the least I could do.”

“B-but still, t-there has to be something I can do to repay you.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m…”

Suddenly soft lips are placed on top of mine; I’m taken by such surprise. I still clench the can of soda in my hand as Yuuko catches me by surprise.

As we break from the kiss, Yuuko stares at me with sour look on her face.

“Now don’t go around telling your friends, that you kissed the cute librarian.”

I silently nod.

[End?]
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

:3
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

haha, nice.
Snicket wrote: Anyway before anyone ask, this idea came up before there were sprite changes. If you catch my drift.
Before she got ugly, that is :D
neumanproductions

Smoku wrote:haha, nice.
Snicket wrote: Anyway before anyone ask, this idea came up before there were sprite changes. If you catch my drift.
Before she got ugly, that is :D
But we must analyze the change in a more positive note. She has gotten better…..okay, it’s her…..no, that can’t be it…or maybe it’s the fact that she….no, not that either…she matches the rest of the art? :?

Okay, I don’t hate the new sprite but……….how about that Emi sprite, am I right.

Joking aside, I loved the story Snicket. Another way to soothe our anxiety on waiting for the full release. :)