Katawa Shoujo LJ roleplay?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Tsundere Lightning

Katawa Shoujo LJ roleplay?

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Yeah, I realize that with that subject I have lost all credibility.

That being said, anyone play KS characters on LJ games or the like? Or know of KS specific RP communities?

I have a Rin going at Planeocracy, which is tons of fun, and seeing an Emi or Hisao or, hell, any of them would be very amusing.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
Csihar

Re: Katawa Shoujo LJ roleplay?

Post by Csihar »

Logically, there's no reason why I should be totally cool with playing a dating sim about crippled girls, and with playing on an RP server on WoW, and with actually having a LJ myself, and still think this is one of the dorkiest things I've ever heard of... but it totally is. :P
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I never said it wasn't. :P Just that it was fun.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

Yeah, I realize that with that subject I have lost all credibility.
Don't worry, you never had any credibility.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

LJ roleplay isn't all that strange, and is really popular at least among my friends. I've actually seen at least two Hisaos, a kenji, a rin, and a Lilly over a Dear_mun the few times people pointed me in their direction. I'm a bit too busy to partake in any games, but if you see a game with a good cast, do make mention! It's great to see people are fans enough of the characters to RP them!
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

I never quite got the appeal of RPing as established characters. More fun to make up your own stuff to me.
Kind of related, the Serenity RPG has such qualities as Amputee, Blind and Deaf. KS in Spaaaaaace anyone?
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

ThreeStep wrote:I never quite got the appeal of RPing as established characters. More fun to make up your own stuff to me.
I feel the same way. To a certain extent, I can see the enjoyment of RPing as established characters, but I think they just don't give enough flexibility and they may have parts you don't like about them. That, and I'm constantly afraid of going out of character.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

ThreeStep wrote:I never quite got the appeal of RPing as established characters.
wait wut

EDIT: Oh you're TS, nvm.
Last edited by EternalLurker on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Why go all the way to LJ or an RP community? You have a forum right here beneath your virtual feet. If you want to open an RP thread, go for it. It sounds like it could be fun.

I would also like to comment that I, too, prefer creating characters of my own to playing ones that already exist.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Why go all the way to LJ or an RP community? You have a forum right here beneath your virtual feet. If you want to open an RP thread, go for it. It sounds like it could be fun.
There's already been two tries at KS RP here: Bliss Stage and Maid RPG. Both didn't last too long. Not sure why Bliss Stage ended, but Maid's GM disappeared.
I'd love to see another try at it, but it'd need someone with a firm hand to keep things going. I'd try running something, but can't think of anything KS-related enough.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

GM absence was largely the issue with KSBS too. Also ignore my sarcastic quoting of your post, ThreeStep; thought you were someone else, sorry.
Minister of Gloom

Never liked Bliss Stage much, but Maid RPG? This is genius. :shock:
I mean, WOW. Those two games were created for the crossover.
Everything is falling into place right now o_____o
Gotta get writing those character sheets.

Edit: hehe. All this talk about roleplaying games totally made me imagine all the characters sitting around the table in someone's room trying to get through a session of D&D or something. Shizune will obviously DM(she will probably be a serious bitch about that, too). Lilly as cleric, Hanako thief(hide in shadows!), Rin magic-user. I am tempted to put Emi as a halfling or dwarf for the lols but in the end fighter would fit better with the rest of the party and with her attitude.
If I could draw better, I would have totally made a fanart of this.
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Have you checked out the Maid thread and the Bliss Stage/Misc. RPG threads yet? They're all on the front page of this subforum. Your work's probably already done.

Or, look at what kinds of players they'd be. Shizune would either be the rules lawyer the one bringing third party supplements of dubious balance; whatever helps her "win." Can't see Emi sitting around for a session for long, at least without reminding people to get up and move. Kenji's definitely the That Guy of the group: the one who derails the campaign and makes it awkward for everyone else at the table. Don't know about the others.
EternalLurker wrote:GM absence was largely the issue with KSBS too. Also ignore my sarcastic quoting of your post, ThreeStep; thought you were someone else, sorry.
It's cool; I was planning to ignore it anyway. :)
Minister of Gloom

Hanako could be one of those reluctant players who don't really want to be there and just doesn't want to be apart from Lilly. So she kind of sits in the background and says something once in a while. Lilly would probably be a really serious roleplayer. Rin... I guess she has Loonie tendencies but she is also very intelligent if you can translate her mumblings to Sane-ish. So I have no idea.
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Rin would possibly be another problem player; once she loses interest, good luck getting anything helpful out of her. Assuming she shows up in the first place.

Just for kicks, the cast of KS in the Firefly 'Verse, starting with Lily and Hanako. The Asset and Complications lists are kind of limited and its been a while since I played the demo so this is all slapdash. Some notes: skills were omitted because this is just the basics. Attributes are Agility, Strength, Vitality, Alertness, Intelligence and Willpower.

Hanako
Agi d8
Str d6
Vit d4
Ale d8
Int d10
Wil d4

Init: d8+d8
Life: 8

Traits:
Cortex Specter (Minor Asset)
-Hanako tries not to be noticed. However, this is offset by:
Memorable (Minor Complication)
-Scars and an exceptionally timid manner don't make for inconspicuous. It was this or "Ugly as Sin."
Total Recall (Major Asset)
-Couldn't find an Asset that really fit. I guess to represent she's well read?

Lily
Agi d4
Str d6
Vit d6
Ale d8
Int d10
Wil d10

Init: d4+d8
Life: 16

Traits:
Blind (Major Complication)
-No explanation needed.
Highly Educated (Minor Asset)
-She comes from a good background.
Steady Calm (Minor Asset)
-Only when things truly get out of hand does she get flustered.