Otakon 2010

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

irpguardian

Otakon 2010

Post by irpguardian »

Hey Everybody, Just to let you all know, Otakon 2010 is July 30-August 1 this year.

Last year, me and my friend walked around with our Katawa Shoujo Hearts, but only saw two folks who even recognized them, and that was mildly disappointing.

So this year, we are seeing if we can get at least some people together for a Katawa-Shoujo group or something.
minkus

Re: Otakon 2010

Post by minkus »

I will probably be there this year, anyone else?

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
Member22...logged out somehow

Post by Member22...logged out somehow »

I think (and hope) there would be a greater turnout than last year because KS has been getting some attention over the internet this past year i.e in Kotaku, Ryanmaru and others (just google KS and you'll know what I mean)... but then again, maybe I am wrong :(
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Member22, you seem to be having tremendous difficulty with your login.
(If someone gets the reference, they are awesome)
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Well, I'm going to try and come home in time for Otakon, however I'm not sure if I'll have enough leave to be able to go. I won't have enough days of leave on the book, so I will have to go into negative numbers. The problem is I don't know exactly how my squadron feels about going into negative days in my records. If, however, everything works out, then I'll keep an eye out for KS fans.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Esa94 wrote:Member22, you seem to be having tremendous difficulty with your login.
(If someone gets the reference, they are awesome)
Not really, but occasionally, I log in and I get logged out by just entering the forum... its quite irritating, but thankfully, it doesn't happen all the time (like now) :lol:
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

where is otakon being held?
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

ubergeneral wrote:where is otakon being held?
Baltimore convention center, like it has been for quite some time. Thats why its so perfect for me to go to, since I live just south of Baltimore.
irpguardian

Post by irpguardian »

Yeah, the BCC. The place is huge, but Otakon had to limit registrations in past years to prevent overflow!
Vigilant

Post by Vigilant »

I will most likely be there, although I'll be in Fate/Stay Night form again :3

I didn't see anyone last year but yea I'll totally try and ambush and get pictures of any KS people I see.
DESU

Post by DESU »

i can't go, since i live with my parents, can't afford the plane tickets, and can't afford a costume.

and if you're wondering what I would be going as, then you are stupid for not figuring it out yet.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

I know this is quite far off... but it would be nice for the ppl who are going to attend to upload pics here for us to see
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

I've got a friend who's trying to bring me along, but I still don't know if I'll be able to make it.
irpguardian

Post by irpguardian »

It'll be a blast if we manage to assemble the cast.

People at Otakon wont know what hit them.
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

I might be there, it depends on how things go after graduation for me.