KS game art

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Scarlet Fox

Re: KS game art

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I don't know about an anime, but I think a Katawa Shoujo manga or light novel would be pretty cool! The author could just pick the path of their favorite person, or something. Or make it occur several years later (with whomever the author decides). And everyone still remained friends somehow!

On second thought, having it occur years later doesn't sound too great...
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Scarlet Fox wrote:I don't know about an anime, but I think a Katawa Shoujo manga or light novel would be pretty cool! The author could just pick the path of their favorite person, or something. Or make it occur several years later (with whomever the author decides). And everyone still remained friends somehow!

On second thought, having it occur years later doesn't sound too great...
Mangas like that are always hard to end though if you know how Rosario+Vampire is going. I think an anime mor along the lines of how Shuffle! turned out would be the best.......but please not like School Days..I couldn't live with another one like that. :(
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Shuffle? Hmm...

"Emi! Get that leg transplant surgery or I'll sprint in place and give myself a heart attack!"
"Nooo! I can't!"
"HNNNNGGG-"

If the endings are similar, I don't think it can work out. :)

Though it would be interesting to see some girls competing and trying to sabotage each other for Hisao's love.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

neumanproductions wrote:The art of the game is exceptional in all aspects. I would have to comment about the new Yukko sprite as I prefered the old with her personality but the art now matches overall with the others.
The good game art is exactly it's going to be difficult to match if it ever makes anime. I would suggest the devs, and us, should have a say in the style if that ever happens since we are the founding fans.
>Founding fans

No you aren't.

And what makes you think your opinion matters anyway? The content of the game will dictate who is a fan of it, not the other way around. You're just encouraging catering to a select few with that mentality, and not letting the game attract who it would attract by itself.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:And what makes you think your opinion matters anyway?
Oh so very true. Let's face it, fans have no say on what goes and what doesn't and; quite frankly, that is for the better.
Founding fans mean nothing in reality. Just because one has been there since the beginning doesn't necesarily mean that has any know-how on what is the right thing to do and when. That is just a delusion.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Pointless chatting is fun even if it doesn't give any effect :p
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Smoku wrote:Pointless chatting is fun even if it doesn't give any effect :p
That is true, but it's a must to always bear in mind that what we say does not matter unless at least one dev says otherwise.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

The content of the game will dictate who is a fan of it, not the other way around. You're just encouraging catering to a select few with that mentality, and not letting the game attract who it would attract by itself.
Agreed. Its not really our place to tell the devs to do anything. KS is a dictatorship after all, not a democracy. The most we get to do is offer suggestions and opinions.

Back on topic.
Thoughts on the soundtrack: most all of them are excellent. The only one I have any complaints with is Hight Tension, which sounds a bit off when the trumpets suddenly cut out. The effect is a bit distracting rather than dramatic. It made it hard to take some of the tense scenes seriously.

-No complaints about the CGs, they are all beautiful. I did notice that in my version (its a bit old now) that the CG where lilly is facing hisao (and later hanako) is absent from the viewable CGs in the extras, as is the mural. These both seem appropriate for the CG gallery.
-It would be nice to have a sprite gallery so we could peruse the sprites of the girls we have seen without having to dig back to the scenes where they were used.
-If any more CGs could be added to act 1, the ending of each path seems like an appropriate place as its the beginning of your journey down that girls path through the rest of the game. Some of the endings (like shizune's) were also very moving and deserving of special treatment.
While I am still wishing I would also like a million dollars ... and Belgium.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
neumanproductions

Captain Niggawatts wrote: >Founding fans

No you aren't.

And what makes you think your opinion matters anyway? The content of the game will dictate who is a fan of it, not the other way around. You're just encouraging catering to a select few with that mentality, and not letting the game attract who it would attract by itself.
I know what you’re saying and all about the product attracting the fans and not the other way around but the game is not what I’m talking about. My statement comes from the idea, once again, of the potential anime counterpart. If after the game release and enough popularity is drawn in the anime incorporation is feasible. Remember the April Fools blog post? My artistic side of the post is referencing that the art look from the game would look better than the almost chibi like appearance that was portrayed.
Many anime adapted, especially from VN or Manga, the original creators have little say in the final product as they sell the rights to the studio. I most cases the studio will stick relatively close to the artistic style. In some cases this is untrue depending on the studio in charge of the project. I would simply like to voice that the devs have the immediate say in the style while those who are the fans of said style support that. Hey, if the devs didn't want/like this style they wouldn't have created it for the game.
So I’m just saying to support the original. If we didn't like it the way it is than we wouldn't be here debating to this degree.
And this whole thing is based off something that might never happen, who knows. I just hope for the best.
And fanbase does matter. Kind of like the "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" ordeal going on as of recent.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Neuman, I understand where you are coming from, wanting the creators and fans to have control over the *hypothetical* anime's design direction as opposed to the studio. Realistically however, on the off chance that KS is ever picked up to be an anime, the devs have very little bargaining power and It is rather unlikely that the studio would allow them to hold onto the rights. Naturally, by extension, we then have even less of a say in the matter.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

neumanproductions wrote:The art of the game is exceptional in all aspects. I would have to comment about the new Yukko sprite as I prefered the old with her personality but the art now matches overall with the others.
The good game art is exactly it's going to be difficult to match if it ever makes anime. I would suggest the devs, and us, should have a say in the style if that ever happens since we are the founding fans.
..."founding fans"?
:lol: :lol: :roll:
no such thing, dude. the devs do as they will, and we decide if we play or not. if it becomes an anime, the studio does as it will, and we decide if we watch or not. that's all the say we get.

and as I've ranted about in other threads (don't worry, won't go off on it again here), it's better that way. like it or don't, but don't act like liking it means you get to help make it.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

If a studio would make an anime and the anime would suck, we'd go and blow the studio up!

But anime ain't happening, so chill.
The game art is special, not your "everyday average anime style"
neumanproductions

Thanks Smoku and Shades of Gray, but I just want to have a strong closure on my end to show you guys I don’t mean anything harsh or stupid.

I thank all you guys/gals that understand my point. I have just been a large anime/manga for years; on the other hand I have for only the last year gotten into VNs after watching Shuffle! then tracing back to its VN when I happened upon KS. As a fan, it disappoints me most of the time when either the original style is changed around from a manga or the story is changed to accommodate a different audience. I have been discussing things like that for years and I just don't want something like that to happen with this project.
I'll leave my discussion on this topic on this note for now. The potential of having a good anime can really make me sad if done and it varies from its original source; to an extent, i'm not narrow minded you know. And that is what I mean by founding fan when I say someone who has followed the project from the start because they like what the original creators had in mind. I feel they/we have the most to lose if an anime is made that deviates to far from the game. I just hope you guys understand how strongly I feel about something like this.

And with that, I’m done.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Make no mistake, I believe that we all share your feelings to a greater or lesser extent. After all, we all care about this project enough to frequent its forums. If an anime was ever created, I am sure each one of us would desire it to be as close to the original spirit of KS as possible. Alas, the world is not so accommodating, especially the parts with corporate executives.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

neumanproductions wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote: >Founding fans

No you aren't.

I know what you’re saying and all about the product attracting the fans and not the other way around but the game is not what I’m talking about. My statement comes from the idea, once again, of the potential anime counterpart. If after the game release and enough popularity is drawn in the anime incorporation is feasible. Remember the April Fools blog post? My artistic side of the post is referencing that the art look from the game would look better than the almost chibi like appearance that was portrayed.
Many anime adapted, especially from VN or Manga, the original creators have little say in the final product as they sell the rights to the studio. I most cases the studio will stick relatively close to the artistic style. In some cases this is untrue depending on the studio in charge of the project. I would simply like to voice that the devs have the immediate say in the style while those who are the fans of said style support that. Hey, if the devs didn't want/like this style they wouldn't have created it for the game.
So I’m just saying to support the original. If we didn't like it the way it is than we wouldn't be here debating to this degree.
And this whole thing is based off something that might never happen, who knows. I just hope for the best.
And fanbase does matter. Kind of like the "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" ordeal going on as of recent.
There isn't going to be a KS anime. They've repeated that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts