KS Fan Character Contest

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kosherbacon

Re: KS Fan Character Contest

Post by kosherbacon »

-abscess wrote: At very least we got a weee pic, right?
Holy crap. My character is there... and smiling! And in a wheelchair?! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
techk8 wrote:Once again, I do not win a competition. Why do I keep trying to win; even God doesn't know.
Also, why no foreign exchange students?
Who the hell goes into a foreign exchange program to a private school specialized for students with disabilities?
My character that I wrote up but didn't submit was an American. He wasn't in a foreign exchange program though, he was just sent overseas because both him and his parents have no faith in the American educational system. Lazy excuse, I know. Anyways, even though I didn't enter him in the contest, I didn't want him to go to waste, so I'm writing a fic centered around him.

EDIT: Aw man, if I had known that that all together group image was going to be drawn, I would have submitted something. Oh well. I hope you guys plan on doing something else like this soon.
Last edited by Extremist_Line on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
techk8

Post by techk8 »

The whole foreign-exchange thing was something I thought up. A bit creativity, a bit boredom.
The weee picture makes me feel great though, and seeing that it is one of MY characters giving a fistpump; I am happy.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Seeing that group picture makes me regret not submitting a character just to see him/her get drawn by someone with artistic skill higher than a 2nd grader like me.

Darn! Oh well, it's what I get for being lazy. Congratulations to the winners, though!

Edit: I wish I could tell who the characters are in the picture though, after seeing them I get questions about who they are and their background.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Scarlet Fox wrote:Edit: I wish I could tell who the characters are in the picture though, after seeing them I get questions about who they are and their background.
He made one with names, too. http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1166/groupynames.png

Took me awhile to find my guy, Johanne is an overwhelming force in that area. I really thought the male:female ratio would be way imbalanced, though...Not a bad thing :)
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

^
Mine is pretty way back... oh well, at least it's a weeen :)
Hmmm! I think I'm in love with that toaster! ~<3
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

callmeemo wrote:
Scarlet Fox wrote:Edit: I wish I could tell who the characters are in the picture though, after seeing them I get questions about who they are and their background.
He made one with names, too. http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1166/groupynames.png

Took me awhile to find my guy, Johanne is an overwhelming force in that area. I really thought the male:female ratio would be way imbalanced, though...Not a bad thing :)
Perfect! I just wish the list of entries on KS's deviantart had character names, now! Johanne did catch my eye the most of all characters, though. And I really thought it'd be like 3 to 7 ratio of guys to girls, so this turned out well. Sougo is your character, right? It feels like I've seen him before... Probably someone similar.

My favorite looking male on the list is Johanne, and my favorite female is Miyako. But that just could be because the artist may not have gotten it down 100% for some characters. Anyone else wanna share their favorites? :)

Also, I lol'd when I saw Hurrr and Durrr.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Yeah, Sougo was mine. I don't know, man, you see enough anime characters they all start to run together somewhat. He was fresh outta my mind, though. First a history, then a condition, then looks accordingly. Faces are terrible to draw :(

I rather like Saika, in the front row, and Zeal on the right is pretty cool lookin'.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
techk8

Post by techk8 »

callmeemo wrote:Took me awhile to find my guy, Johanne is an overwhelming force in that area.
lol, sorry, that's my guy. Well, him and Celix as well.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Makoto gets me hot.

Chiyoko looks straight out of Pokemon.

Miyako and Ayae are cute~

What's the pirate dude's name? Dice? Diu?
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Daisuke 'Dice' Inoue. Looked around and I found him. I'm really bored and it was easy since it was in a list of links...
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Caesius wrote: Chiyoko looks straight out of Pokemon.
Ouch That's kinda depressing.... I played only the first generation and dropped it entirely....
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Wow, all these characters look fun :D I like this image :D
I like Dice and Johanne from the guy the most and from the girls Yusuku, on the right, and Toki.
Also the Kirei guy's name looks like inspired by F/SN Kirei :p
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Near the top, are there character entries for Mai (girl with rain?) and Kirei, and Ayumi above the pink-haired winner?

Also, for "Yosuke Moji," is it correct that Moji is his first name? Google seems to like Yosuke as a male first name. Same question for Celix Max. Motoko's name is miswritten as "Makoto".

Here's a flash index, clicking on the person takes you to their entry page (but I don't have the three above):
http://www.westley.org/ks-contest-group.swf

EDIT: Found Ayumi, a dual entry with Yuuki, and updated. Also pressing anywhere else will now show all names.
Last edited by Merlyn_LeRoy on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Belatedly came up with a character of my own, though I probably wouldn't have entered it due to my creative writing inexperience and artistic inability. It was more or less involuntary since I wasn't trying to come up with a character at all while the contest was going, but it came about due to a combination of my personal interests and what's been discussed on the forums lately. So I wrote down what I'd come up with so I could share it.

Name: Ilya "Ilyushka" Soloviev/Tanaka "Iriyushuka" Iriya

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs

Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Blue

Blood Type: B
Astrological sign: Aquarius
Birthdate: February 13

Favorite Song: Michael Cassette - Wateresque
Favorite Color: Blue

Description: Ilya's father, Dmitri, was a sonar operator on an Akula-class submarine during the Soviet period. Dmitri was knowledgable in the nature of sound and language, and studied both extensively, eventually obtaining a working knowledge of Japanese. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, deteriorating economic conditions prompted Dmitri to move to Japan from Vladivostok, where he found work as a sound engineer. Shortly afterwards he met his future wife, Kurumi Tanaka.

When Ilya was born, he inherited from his mother's side a genetic defect that profoundly affected his hearing; his hearing was approximately 10% in his left ear and 20% in his right. Even so, he was constantly exposed to sound and music due to the nature of his father's work, and he developed an obsessive preoccupation with sound. Ilya learned to speak clearly despite his disability through intense speech therapy, his own persistence, and encouragement from his father (as well as the use of his sound equipment). His deafness still precluded him from leading a normal life, however.

Ilya learned sign language while attending Yamaku, though he bitterly hated having to learn it. He refuses to communicate in sign language himself; as such his interpreter has the unusual task of communicating what Ilya is saying to deaf students, as well as what hearing students are saying to him.

Ilya is patient, calm, friendly and polite, but he hides these "soft" qualities under an aloof exterior, and he mostly keeps to himself. He is rarely seen without his headphones outside of class, and he is generally content to immerse himself in the vibrations pulsing through his skull at all times. His favorite genres are trance and house, as he feels that these produce the most pleasurable vibrations as well as the most interesting spectral representations. When listening to music on his laptop, he is usually following along on a spectrogram that takes up the whole screen.

Ilya is obsessed with World War II and the Cold War, especially the naval aspects of both; he is particularly interested in the Pacific Theater of WWII. One of his favorite pastimes is to spend hours playing submarine simulators, where much of his time is spent on the sonar operator's screen.

Ilya's pet name, Ilyushka, is formed from the Russian diminutive, and he is called such by both his parents. When Ilya first came to Yamaku, he told one of his dormmates during a casual conversation what he is called at home. Amused, the dormmate thereafter called him by Iriyushuka at every opportunity. Since all of Ilya's classmates forgot his name (given that the teacher only ever mentioned it the first day of class), and his aloof nature only made them more curious, Ilya immediately became known only as "Iriyushuka," with not one person questioning whether that was his actual name. Ilya never bothered to correct anyone, and was amused by how quickly and effortlessly he became well known, though he would never take advantage of this popularity.
Last edited by Caesius on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.