A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Scarlet Fox

Re: Characters' musical tastes?

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Aww, I was hoping for a few tattoos!
Techno Viking

Post by Techno Viking »

Panty Supervisor wrote:The only way for Shizune to perceive music is by feeling the vibrations~. So I guess she would like her music loud and with lots of bass. But not techno, because the bass is too regular and repetitive.

I'm sure she would like those traditional Japanese taiko drums. Some of them are fucking huge, so I guess you can feel the vibrations with your entire body. And the performances are interesting to look at.
Shizune would fucking love Industrial.
Juno

Post by Juno »

I was at the mall today, and while looking at a shop window saw something that made me think "Yes, THIS has to be what Emi truly likes".
You can't help but to agree.
toast

Post by toast »

Hisao listens to linkin park, undoubtedly.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
kobe

Post by kobe »

I can imagine shizune being into dubstep because of the heavy bass, it could be her terrible secret no person must ever know!
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

toast wrote:Hisao listens to linkin park, undoubtedly.
Depends on the route. He is pretty cheerful in some of them.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Sid Vicious

Post by Sid Vicious »

lily-clasical
hanako-little emo looking so maybe punk rock
shizune- cant here so none
the rest i dont know
I'll die before I'm 25, and when I do I'll have lived the way I wanted to-RIP Sid Vicious

Hanako > Rin > Lily > Emi > Shizune
13 CBS

Post by 13 CBS »

There seems to be a consensus on what sort of classical music Lilly would like. As a classical musician, I'm starting to wonder what sort of classical Lilly would listen to...

Baroque: As a classy young woman, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lilly at least enjoys some Baroque stuff. I can definitely see her liking Bach (though, if you like Baroque it's almost impossible to also dislike Bach...), Vivaldi, and Pachelbel, the three classics (har har), but if she delves a little deeper she might also like Corelli--his Sonata in G Minor sounds like it'd go well with a relaxing cup of tea.

Classical: There's Mozart of course, but she might also like early Beethoven: I can see her listening to his 3rd ("Eroica") Symphony. I myself particularly like the 3rd Movement. Out of the 4 main sub-genres of classical music, I see Lilly listening to Classical the most, but that might just be me stereotyping Lilly's preferences.

Romantic: It's not certain that Lilly would like Romantic stuff, but again that could just be me stereotyping her preferences thanks to her "refined young lady" vibe. If she does go for Romantic, she might rather like impressionist stuff like Ravel, in particular his String Quartet in F Major. Alternatively, if she's a fan of Shakespeare, she might like some of Berlioz's or Prokofiev's adaptations of Shakespearean plays. It seems less likely that she'd go for some of the heavier Russian stuff (the above reference to Prokofiev aside), but if she does there's always Tchaikovsky...

Modern: Out of the 4 main sub-genres, I see Lilly listening to Modern the least. There's some good stuff out there, but a lot of it's rather atonal or just plain odd. That said, she'd probably like Barber, and if she's into (what would be for her) more "exotic" stuff she might even like Bernstein. Finally, I shall leave you all with the mental image of Lilly having hot, steamy sex with Hisao to the tune of Katchaturian.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Hanako likes Oasis. I'm sure of it. Just because.

I can definetely see Emi listening to SNSD.

Crystal Castles fits Rin perfectly, I guess.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

In other news, I found the perfect training song for Miki, our other track and field athlete.

A question: Do you think that any of the gals might go for Rammstein? :twisted:
toue

Post by toue »

I can see either Emi or Rin being a fan of Andrew W.K. If Shizune could actually hear it I'd peg her as liking him too.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Here's a short list of artists that I think Rin would get into:

Animal Collective
Merzbow
Frank Zappa
Flaming Lips
The Grateful Dead
They Might Be Giants
The Residents
Phish
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:In other news, I found the perfect training song for Miki, our other track and field athlete.

A question: Do you think that any of the gals might go for Rammstein? :twisted:
Of all of them, I think Shizune would be the most likely to go for metal... if she had hearing. Since she's deaf, she'd go for stuff with more complex basslines as that's all she'd really percieve. How twistedly appropriate that the deaf-from-birth one is the one I can most easily see as being into the sort of music that makes people go deaf anyway? I wouldn't be surprised to see Misha be a closet metalhead as well, actually come to think of it. Most of the metalheads I know are some of the bubbliest, happiest people. It would also explain why she's so used to yelling all the time... I know I said before that Misha would probably be into bubblegum pop, but I take it back, this is much more appropriate for her.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
MultipleChoice

Post by MultipleChoice »

How could you NOT think of Phillip Glass when considering what music Rin would like? The connection is far too obvious.

Overall, I see Rin being into minimalist and/or relaxing music for the most part. They Might be Giants was definitely a good call, but I also think she'd be into stuff like Moby and Orbital (and Paul Hartnoll). Rock is, IMO, out the question for her unless it does something truly strange.
From Act 1: Rin > Hanako > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

Fully Story: Rin > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune
HSektor

Post by HSektor »

Rin would sure like Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, Yes and random mashups.

Akira looks like a person with an eclectic taste for music. Blues, Classic Rock, Jazz, Pop, if is cool, she likes.
Last edited by HSektor on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.