Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Snicket

Re: Katawa Shoujo fightan game

Post by Snicket »

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy with some other things.

Basically i 'had' a semi functioning version working for this, but my hard drive crap out me last quarter and i lost everything. Since then i've been trying to rebuild the version i had, but i've been kinda reluctant to put any mayor effort into it. In case this computer dies on me again.

If anyone wants to take over, go for it. After i finish my last few classes, I 'may' put more focuses on this. (After i buy a reliable External Hard Drive) Though if anyone wants to do this, don't let me stop you.

Also encase your wondering, I used the mugen engine as a starting point.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone taken a look at Fatal/Fake, a fanmade fighting game based off of the characters in Fate/Stay Night? It looks pretty good. Does anyone know what engine they used or how long it took?

Also, how much does the filesize total to? You could easily buy a cheap flash drive and just hold it on there.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Guest wrote:Has anyone taken a look at Fatal/Fake, a fanmade fighting game based off of the characters in Fate/Stay Night? It looks pretty good.
It's terrible. D: The basic Master/Servant/Seal mechanics are great, though.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Eh.. I was bored last night and decided to do some standing poses based on that other game's character sheet posted a few pages back. Just silhouettes, open to changes that would suit the characters better.

Development seemed kinda fragmented as I looked over the thread but if there aren't any of the basic standing/jumping etc sprites yet I may just continue working on them, although I'm about to be busy with finals. I'm not planning on jumping into the tedious sprite cleaning until I've roughed out the animations.
standing.png
standing.png (60.28 KiB) Viewed 6372 times
Lines on either side are their heights. Tried to be relatively accurate to their measurements.
Hanako needs work. May have to stick with Emi's leg blades after all, she can't be agile like this (at least realistically). Rin feels stiff. Probably can fix it by shifting her balance to one leg instead of being even.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I looooove the Lilly stance.
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

I'm not sure if Hanako's 'please-don't-hurt-me' is a very good fighting stance.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

das bruce wrote:I'm not sure if Hanako's 'please-don't-hurt-me' is a very good fighting stance.
It would totally work if she had angry face, like reluctant and nervous but nonetheless pissed off. Plus it would be pretty damn moe~

Also, Shizune needs witty sign language taunts.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Csihar wrote:
das bruce wrote:I'm not sure if Hanako's 'please-don't-hurt-me' is a very good fighting stance.
It would totally work if she had angry face, like reluctant and nervous but nonetheless pissed off. Plus it would be pretty damn moe~

Also, Shizune needs witty sign language taunts.
Mhm. I'll open her stance up a bit more, later. I just can't imagine Hanako bringing a fight to anyone. Although - the same could probably be said for all of them save Shizune. [:

Heheh. I'll look into the taunts.
DESU

Post by DESU »

Csihar wrote:Also, Shizune needs witty sign language taunts.
middle finger. enough said.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

Such a crass move doesn't seem to fit well with her personality. Or any of the girls.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Ironically, I think Rin would probably be the most likely to flip a bird, personality wise. With no change in expression from her normal ¬.¬ of course. Although Emi is a punk rawker apparently....

sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

Csihar wrote:Rin would probably be the most likely to flip a bird
I lol'd.
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

sonnysonny wrote:
Csihar wrote:Rin would probably be the most likely to flip a bird
I lol'd.
Unfortunately, after attempting it for a bit longer than was strictly necessary, I've concluded that it's probably impossible to raise your middle toe independently of the other ones. The muscles just seem too interconnected. But then again, I'm sure I couldn't hold a fork with my toes either, so maybe Rin could....

Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I keep coming back to this thread, and I keep thinking "What would they be like in a Super Smash Brothers-like game?" since SSBM and SSBB are the only fighting games I've ever played for any significant length of time...
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Well as i said, my 'mock up' version i did for this has been lost the the depths of my now fried hard drive. What ever you guys want to do with this, go right ahead. If i am able to recover bit of my previous attempt, i'll let you guys know.