Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

neumanproductions

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by neumanproductions »

Smoku wrote:I wanted the Lilly ending, but I got trapped by Emi first >< (fuck my sense of rivalry and challenge...) then too much screwing around gave me a roof drop...
then..! got myself accidentally on the RIn path... twice.
and finally got to Lilly, then Hanako as last
Lillyfag- yup, that's me.
What about poor old Shizune? You cannot defeat her mind games.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

oh, God. I forgot. I got her after first Kenji end
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

I am a tad surprised that so many people got Emi first. On my first few play throughs I ended up with kenji, shizune, and rin (in that order) and ended up getting emi last of all. I did notice that rin is a tad harder to get than the other though, since the choices that result in her path are not as obvious.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shades of Grey wrote:I am a tad surprised that so many people got Emi first. On my first few play throughs I ended up with kenji, shizune, and rin (in that order) and ended up getting emi last of all. I did notice that rin is a tad harder to get than the other though, since the choices that result in her path are not as obvious.
Most of them weren't actively trying for Emi. They simply got locked into her path after choosing to 'Go For It'. The way the choices are structured, doing this choice will pretty much guarantee you an Emi end unless you have been trying to get Shizune as well. The reason so many people choose it probably has to do with several factors, the thrill of competition, wanting Hisao to get stronger, wanting to explore Emi as a character, among others. No one expected Hisao to have a heart attack, much less automatically fall in with Emi.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Thats a good point. I never really thought about it, but I guess it is easy to get suck on the Emi route.

Its interesting that, if you go for Emi, you do not have opportunities to approach Rin whereas you can go towards Lilly and Hanako at the same time basically till the end.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
neumanproductions

Shades of Grey wrote:Thats a good point. I never really thought about it, but I guess it is easy to get suck on the Emi route.

Its interesting that, if you go for Emi, you do not have opportunities to approach Rin whereas you can go towards Lilly and Hanako at the same time basically till the end.
I guess Emi is just selfish that way. Having to keep poor old Hisao all to herself.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Going by number of choices required to get them, the easiest to get is Emi, followed by Rin. By this metric, Rin is easier to get then Hanako, Lilly, and Shizune combined. I guess the difference is that while you have to make a ton of correct choices early on to get on the HL path or the Shizune path, the choices are mostly pretty obvious.

If you choose each choice completely at random, here are the odds.

Kenji: 50.5% (4654/9216)
Emi: 21.0% (1933/9216)
Rin: 15.3% (1410/9216)
Hanako 4.6% (424/9126)
Lily 4.6% (424/9126)
Shizune 4.0% (371/9216)
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Notguest wrote:I guess the difference is that while you have to make a ton of correct choices early on to get on the HL path or the Shizune path, the choices are mostly pretty obvious.
A good point indeed. The choices that lead to Rin's path are definitely less intuitive than the others. I guess that it suits her personality though.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Ingame

Post by Ingame »

I got Hanako's ending on my first playthrough, which was what I was going for to begin with :wink: She's really interesting, and since I'm a fan of the shy ones she's probably the one I'll go for when the full release is out :)
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!! ^_^
neumanproductions

Ingame wrote:I got Hanako's ending on my first playthrough, which was what I was going for to begin with :wink: She's really interesting, and since I'm a fan of the shy ones she's probably the one I'll go for when the full release is out :)
Then might I assume you went for Primula or Nerine considering you avatar?
Anyways, great to see another Hanako fan in the mix. I can't believe I was one choice away from that and I didn't make the right one, I must have been naïve or something.
Ingame

Post by Ingame »

I did indeed go for Primula :D However, it did feel like Navel were just teasing me by not including a route for Kareha :evil: Now I just got to wait for Mangagamer to translate Shuffle! Essence+. Might take a while, but as long as I know it's happening I'm satisfied :) It's the same with KS, so I guess I'll just have to check the site for news every day until it's finished ^^ I spend most of my time reading VNs anyway, and since I'm out of good ones I find myself reading through the forums of translator teams and english VN producers :roll: I'm used to translation-sites having a progress bar, but I believe it's not as straight forward when actually producing a VN from scratch :)
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!! ^_^
Axonn

Post by Axonn »

Tried aiming for Hanako,but ended up with Emi >:
Got it at the second time though.
Too bad. Waluigi time!
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

I was stuck in the path between Lilly and Hanako so I decided to go to the path with Lilly first. ^^
Mother Loli

Post by Mother Loli »

Emi, I was so absorbed into reading this that I totally forget about multiple endings :P I want a hanako ending <3 I love hanako

offtopic - sorry I know thats not what this forum is for but, I just started Visual Novels recently and hoping if anyone can recommend a good VN for me to go at? PM me so unnecessary posts to the forum don't have to be posted
Wren

Post by Wren »

1st play through I got Shizune's path. Was pretty interesting, at the time I felt she was the focus because how the story was playing out, so I chose whichever involved her. :)
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project