Misha's Future?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yubiseiharukana

Misha's Future?

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

EDIT: I removed the spoiler around my speculation.

Am I the only one that thinks Misha is going to die from her condition (whatever it is) somewhere along the line of Shizune's path?
Last edited by Yubiseiharukana on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
kosherbacon

Re: Misha's Future?

Post by kosherbacon »

You're not the only one. I've seen "spoilers" stating just that posted elsewhere, probably to troll.
Yubiseiharukana

Oh, sweet. So I'm not alone. Cool.

But to me, it makes so much sense. It would create an extremely dramatic plot for Shizune without ruining any other points of the story. It would be weird if they didn't, in my opinion.
- Emo Philips
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

You don't need to spoiler any speculation.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

My personal theory: Hisao and Shizune start getting closer after the festival, which leads to Hisao learning some rudimentary sign language, making Misha's presence unnecessary when they want to spend time with each other. SInce Misha's also secretly got a huge gay crush on Shizune, she gets extremely jealous and tries to break them up somehow, and how you react to her attempts at relationship sabotage are a big part of whether you get a good or bad end. Just for the lulz, you also find out that Misha doesn't have any disability at all, since not all of the students at Yamaku are disabled.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Csihar wrote:Just for the lulz, you also find out that Misha doesn't have any disability at all, since not all of the students at Yamaku are disabled.
That's actually an interesting theory. Maybe she's hoping to become a special-ed teacher and got into Yamaku as part of some "student assistant" program.
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

I don't think it's likely, but it certainly would make for some good drama.
Yubiseiharukana

Csihar wrote:since not all of the students at Yamaku are disabled.
Wait, but if that's the case, why does Hisao get so depressed about looking "normal" when we get to the 7th day of Emi's path?

Otherwise, I absolutely agree. One ending may involve Misha killing herself out of jealousy (like the "tomato" ending in School Days).
- Emo Philips
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

kosherbacon wrote:That's actually an interesting theory. Maybe she's hoping to become a special-ed teacher and got into Yamaku as part of some "student assistant" program.
That's my favorite guess. Another one that's be brought up is Misha being a lesbian.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:
Csihar wrote:since not all of the students at Yamaku are disabled.
Wait, but if that's the case, why does Hisao get so depressed about looking "normal" when we get to the 7th day of Emi's path?

Otherwise, I absolutely agree. One ending may involve Misha killing herself out of jealousy (like the "tomato" ending in School Days).
Most of them probably are disabled, for sure, but I could swear I remember one of the devs saying there are a few kids without disabilities at Yamaku. Can't remember where for the life of me, though.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Yubiseiharukana

Okay, so in seriousness, here's my full theory:

1 - You must go down the Shizune path to follow this chain of events
2 - (As seen in Act 1) Shizune and Hisao get fairly close
3 - Continuing through time, as Shizune and Hisao get closer, the bonds between Shizune and Misha begin to break
4 - Eventually, Misha confronts Shizune with her fears of being left out. After a heated round of signing, Shizune runs away from Misha
5 - Misha is tormented by the idea of losing her one close friend (she has had a hard time gaining close friends due to her personality)
6 - Eventually, Misha's condition will kick in. The issue will be internal (as with Hisao's arrhythmia), and, as with Hisao's first heart attack, the emotional stress will cause her body to go haywire
7 - Misha survives, but only due to life support. She has enough energy to speak to a distraught Shizune before she dies.
8 - By this point, Hisao has learned sign language from Misha, and can fluently communicate with Shizune

I'm 100% sure that this is totally wrong :(
- Emo Philips
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Speculations can only go so far before they start to sound ludicrous. I'd rather wait and see why Misha is there, rather then have it spoiled before the game comes out.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Misha dying? I hope that's not the case. Any Sudden, Dramatic Death would be a cheap injection of drama for drama's sake, I feel. We already have the specter of mortality looming over the story with Hisao's condition- I hope that, if the developers feel there needs to be more tension, they'll mine what they already have rather than make a sacrificial plot lamb out of Misha.

One of the things I like about this game is its relative adherence to reality. I would consider "And then she died, tragically!" an unfortunate deviation from that realism, alongside "And then she went totally yandere and killed everybody!" or "and then, she cast a magic spell!" or "and then it turned out the feminist conspiracy WAS TRUE!" Although that last one would make good for a comedic ending, admittedly...

But I do like elements of Yubiseiharukana's propsal, everything up to point 5:
1 - You must go down the Shizune path to follow this chain of events
2 - (As seen in Act 1) Shizune and Hisao get fairly close
3 - Continuing through time, as Shizune and Hisao get closer, the bonds between Shizune and Misha begin to break
4 - Eventually, Misha confronts Shizune with her fears of being left out. After a heated round of signing, Shizune runs away from Misha
5 - Misha is tormented by the idea of losing her one close friend (she has had a hard time gaining close friends due to her personality)
We get an interesting dollop of interpersonal drama. If Hisao isn't totally up to speed with his sign language, this could cause problems for his relationship with him and Shizune, and put an unexpected strain on it, one that must ultimately be overcome if their romance is to persist. The language barrier is a big part of any potential development with Shizune, I think; focusing on that, specifically, would go a lot farther towards making the story interesting than having A Sudden And Tragic Death.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Well... it IS totally possible to have a disease that wouldn't be so easy to spot and could be lethal.
It could be that Hisao would make friends with both Shizune AND Misha after the festival. Just friends. And after some time Misha would die from her illness. That would be a tragedy indeed, yet Hisao would stick to Shizune even more and eventually both would fall in love together and get over with Misha's death.
Or Misha would at least fall in a coma. Then it would be almost as tragic, yet she would be alive. And in the end of the story when Hisao and Shizune would be together, Misha would wake up and everyone lived happily ever after. Without lesbianism. Without killing, without jealousy.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:1 - You must go down the Shizune path to follow this chain of events
7 - Misha...dies.

I'm 100% sure that this is totally wrong :(
Better be or else I'll be forced to play the Shizune path. (-.-)