A simple Lilly sketch

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Csihar

A simple Lilly sketch

Post by Csihar »

For my first offering of KS artfaggotry, I give you this sketch of Lilly. I'd like to think she just woke up and is trying to decide what to wear. Also, sorry if the image quality is a bit rough - I'm finding myself in a massive tech fail situation and had to attempt clean up a digital photo of the sketch in iPhoto, rather than just scan it into Photoshop/GIMP like a regular person.
Attachments
because wifebeaters are the ultimate in feminine attire
lillymorning.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 4810 times
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

kosherbacon

Re: A simple Lilly sketch

Post by kosherbacon »

oh believe me, they are
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Csihar wrote:I'd like to think she just woke up and is trying to decide what to wear.
*img of Lilly staring forward*
And she is deciding by...looking in a mirror? >_>

*confused*

*but likes it anyway*
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Hmm... might be just me but, isn't the face a little small? or the hand is too big, I dunno. Either way, it's nicely done.
EternalLurker wrote:And she is deciding by...looking in a mirror? >_>
My thoughts exactly.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

-abscess wrote:Hmm... might be just me but, isn't the face a little small? or the hand is too big, I dunno. Either way, it's nicely done.
The proportions look a little more realistic than in canon artwork. I like.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

She's looking at the mirror... in her mind? >.> She does seem to have a slight case of man hands here though, now that I think about it. I copied the pose from some photo I found online (since my attempts at drawing hands without a reference usually end up looking like bundles of overcooked hot dogs), and manga-style proportions tend to be a bit different from real life ones, so that's probably what happened. Either way, glad you like it. :mrgreen:

Also, this drawing made me realize how hard it would be to color-coordinate if you were blind.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Nice drawing.

Post by Guest »

Csihar wrote:She's looking at the mirror... in her mind? >.> She does seem to have a slight case of man hands here though, now that I think about it. I copied the pose from some photo I found online (since my attempts at drawing hands without a reference usually end up looking like bundles of overcooked hot dogs), and manga-style proportions tend to be a bit different from real life ones, so that's probably what happened. Either way, glad you like it. :mrgreen:
For many parts it helps to break everything into more basic structures:
The carpal and metacarpal can be represented by something like an elongated flattened ball, like those balls that people are always squeezing for stress release. Then the phalanges of the fingers as small cylinders. With that you can "build" a hand, after that you change it to look more human like. It sometimes helps to make it a little "bonier" since some people's hands tend to be like that.

And yeah, body structures in manga style are different, the heads tends to be bigger in many cases.

Also, another braless character? I hope that becomes a trend :)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

EternalLurker wrote:
Csihar wrote:I'd like to think she just woke up and is trying to decide what to wear.
*img of Lilly staring forward*
And she is deciding by...looking in a mirror? >_>

*confused*

*but likes it anyway*
She's going "hmmmmm" and thinking. People stare off into space all the time when they think, blind or otherwise. >.>

On the image itself - I'm not sure the styles you used for the face and for the body match as nicely as they could, but I'm diggin' the realistic body.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Guest wrote:Also, another braless character? I hope that becomes a trend :)
It seems Lilly's room can get rather chilly.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic