Misha and Shizune cosplay

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Lallafa

Re: Misha and Shizune cosplay

Post by Lallafa »

Alright. That makes things easier...

Thank you so much, again. It's a really nice change of pace working on something where you can ask people involved about details like that. Thanks for being so in contact with your community. :D

If you have any other tips or comments along the way I would be more than happy to hear them.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Lallafa wrote:Also, a question. The few full references of Misha I could find (including fanart....) have her wearing ankle to mid-calf basic white socks, maybe folded over or with a ruffle. I also have these adorable striped ones, though, that match misha's hair and general aesthetic.

Can anyone confirm that the white socks are "official"? Or could people give their preferences (see pic)? I also feel like the stripes might be infringing on Emi's "thing" a bit. Does that seem like an issue? Please respond with opinions!!
As far as I remember there is only the one CG of Emi wearing striped socks? Much of the time in Act 1 they mention her running in the hallways which she would not be able to do without her running prosthetics which don't even have a "shoe" let alone a "sock". I don't feel that cosplaying Misha with striped socks would be infringing on Emi. As far as what would be the "official" type of sock for Misha I haven't a clue. Remember Misha was not in the original sketch by RAITA so your only guide is Act 1.
BTW your Misha wig looks to be coming along well. Good luck assembling it all and keep Narutards from jumping into your photos you want to post. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Emi's uniform sprites do have the striped socks, even if you can't see them most of the time. This is the new one, but the old ones had it too.
Attachments
emipoplar.jpg
emipoplar.jpg (57.72 KiB) Viewed 8708 times
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Holy balls, that looks awesome! Can't wait to see the... entire ensemble >:3
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Nice to see its all coming together. Final product should be fun to see.
Lallafa wrote:I also feel like the stripes might be infringing on Emi's "thing" a bit.
I feel like I should be making some crack that nobody will care because its Emi. :(
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Suriko wrote:She has no real canon underwear sets.
I choose to read this as "Canonically, Misha always goes commando."
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

"Canon underwear" is a really weird concept.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Juno

Post by Juno »

Well, it sure is not any weirder than canon socks. :mrgreen:
On the other hand, since all signs point to Misha keeping her clothes on it might be superfluous to establish canon underwear for her.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Aura wrote:"Canon underwear" is a really weird concept.
But yet it seems to have spontaneously been invented and we've run with it. I suppose it says something about us all.... :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Well, Shizune's got the phrase pantsu, so yeah. Also, the Misha hug-pillow thing (which, while not official in any way, was drawn by someone on the staff) has pink and white striped underwear. That said, canon anything (clothing related) beyond the uniforms seems a little silly, since I'd assume all of the characters would have several more outfits than we'll see in the game anyway - if we're thinking of them as real people, at least (which it seems like most folks on this board do :roll: ). I guess it would make more of a difference for cosplay, though.

Although if you're going to do canon underwear, you might as well go for gold contacts too. :P
Juno wrote:...since all signs point to Misha keeping her clothes on...
You know, just because she doesn't have a route of her own doesn't necessarily mean she'll be keeping her clothes on for the whole game... >_>
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

it'd also make a great name for a band. :mrgreen:

gotta say, though, the cosplay looks great so far - that wig looks like it took a damn lot of work, and it'll kick ass to see the whole thing together. and you've got the grin for Misha's maniacal laughter, that's for sure. WAHAHA!
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Csihar wrote:You know, just because she doesn't have a route of her own doesn't necessarily mean she'll be keeping her clothes on for the whole game... >_>
That's why I didn't categorically negate it, but the odds are very much against it.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I choose to read this as "the devs feel that all the girls should go commando, all the time".

Y'know, maybe I'm reading too much into Aura's posts.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Lallafa

Post by Lallafa »

Sorry I haven't posted for so long! Been sewing, then Sakuracon this weekend.

Only progress pic I managed to get between the last one and the final one.

I used McCall 6035 for the top's pattern.

Changes:

After sewing the main body pieces together, I adjusted the center front for the separating invisible zipper (http://www.zipperconnection.com/catalog ... %20Zippers)
NOTE: When sewing (at least this particular) invisible separating zipper, treat it more like a regular zipper while sewing...having the teeth too close to the fabric makes it catch sometimes.

Because the zipper knocks an inch or so off the length of the front, you'll want to mock up a new mandarin collar from the one included. Shorten it from the center.

Obviously the sleeves have a lot of changes, too...I kinda just winged it on those honestly. If you can find a pattern with puffy sleeves that you can cannibalize it'd be helpful.

I also lined it instead of hemming it, which gives it the cleaner look of anime/drawings. It also helps with the whole WHITE FABRIC IS SEE-THROUGH thing. :P

And there we are! Shizune's wig ended up being really shiny, which is sad, and the plan to add some blue highlighting to it also flopped. If we do these again we might get a new wig.

Wahahaha~! We met up with another group and Rin at Sakuracon and did some photoshoot action! Pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48999064@N ... 647794927/

These are just the ones from my camera. We had a few other people going...I'll upload them when they get to me, and post about it.

Hope you guys enjoy~
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

T-T-Two Rins?

*head asplode*

You guys did a great job with the costumes. :) They look great!