Misha and Shizune cosplay

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Lallafa

Misha and Shizune cosplay

Post by Lallafa »

Hey! First post...been browsing the forums for a while but just now registering.

My friend and I are doing a Shizune and Misha pair for this coming Sakuracon (If anyone else is going to be there, costumed or not, it'd be fun to organize some sort of meetup), and I thought it would be interesting/helpful to document our progress here.

All we really have so far are loafers, an unstyled Shizune wig and a partially styled Misha wig. I'm hoping to at least get the skirt finished this weekend (ffffffffffucking box pleats), and get a start on draping the shirts. (They're currently a pile of gorgeous suiting and some sateen in the mail, respectively).

Here are a couple pictures, and I hope I can answer any questions prospective cosplayers have (if we manage to get it to work okay...)

Wig is a Baby pink wig from Ayanamisatoru cosplay wig on ebay.

Front drills in progress. I was an impatient fucktard and used foil instead of waiting to buy some wax paper. I wouldn't recommend it. They're made by coating the top side of a chunk of hair with silicone gel (a type of caulk) then clipping them to the top of the cone and wrapping them around.

(Excuse my gigantic eyebrows and general grossness)

They ended up less-than-perfect (a bit small and I had to mess up the angle to make them the right length...) but at this point there isn't much I can do. Bangs need a bit of touching up, and back-drills will be constructed once I buy more silicone gel.

Thanks for reading! I know cosplay isn't the most beloved thing around here (3dpigdisgusting!!), but I hope we don't rape the characters too hard. Any advice is welcome!
Csihar

Re: Misha and Shizune cosplay

Post by Csihar »

Nice job on the drills. Also, that foam head is slightly disturbing.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Holy cow, that looks really good. Good luck with the rest of the costume!
ThreeStep

Post by ThreeStep »

Nice job on the hair, good luck with the rest of the ensemble.

...seeing that foam head at 5 in the morning is a bit horrifying though. :shock:
Loki

Post by Loki »

Indeed, that foam head is most terrible nightmare fuel. The wig however, is good.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Awesome drills!
good luck on your costumes then, can't wait to see the results. If you have any tips on their outfits do tell, too! (i'd love to cosplay Emi some time but I don't know jack about making cosplays OTL)
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

I hope you've been practicing your Wahahahas.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Pumpkineat3r wrote:I hope you've been practicing your Wahahahas.
^that
Nice job on the wig, can't wait to see the uniform! And I dunno why you're asking for an excuse for your ugliness... o.O You look fine, and if anything, your face shape is great for Misha.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
elk9

Post by elk9 »

The drills look pretty good. That wig is the best I've seen concerning a Misha cosplay, also I look forward to seeing the Shizune wig (Disturbing blue foam head included of course)
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Lallafa wrote:I know cosplay isn't the most beloved thing around here (3dpigdisgusting!!)
>implying we're on /a/

No seriously, that looks great. It's definitely Misha. :o
If you want to cosplay Shizune, you also have to practice her lionface >:3
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

The drills are so....Drill-y
Lallafa

Post by Lallafa »

>Terrifying wig head

Yeah; I use this wig for complex styling work because it's larger than the standard heads, and has ears, so it's easier to make sure it's placed correctly. The color is from various sharpie/fwink dying projects.

@Pimmy

I'm gonna do my best to outline the full process! But if you have any questions I'll try to go more into detail. I hope you get around to doing Emi sometime. Making the uniforms exactly might be a little complex for a newbie, but you could probably thrift it fairly effectively, or get help from a more experienced friend if possible.

@Pumpineat3r

I actually find myself subconsciously wahaha'ing about stuff lately.

@Panty Supervisor

I'll pass that on to my friend. This is her first real costume so I'm making sure she practices her poses. Nothing ruins a good costume like boring shots of it. :3

Here's the current progress:

Back-drills getting ready. Hoping since I actually had wax paper and hair clips this time they'll be less of a mess once finished. They're a little longer and lower than the front ones, so I don't look....semi-bald. Hopefully.

Skirt almost finished. Need to add waistband and zipper/sideseam. But the hard parts done (haaaaaaaate blindstitch hemming)

I made it a little long, accidentally, and a little big. Hopefully I can rig it up to look nicer once it's finished.

I managed to do some math wrong so it has eight pleats instead of 12. I really don't know what happened there. I should sleep more. Shizune's skirt will probably be a bit more heavily starched, to reflect their rather contrasting personalities.

The shoes aren't exactly perfect, but it's oddly difficult to find loafers with a flattering toe/sole, much less something similar to the round ones of Yamaku. We'll probably be be sharpie-ing the contrast stitching a bit darker. They were also reasonably cheap, and on sale, at that! So yay. Here's the link if anyone's interested.
http://www.lovemyshoes.com/products2.cf ... RIKA-by-R-

Also, a question. The few full references of Misha I could find (including fanart....) have her wearing ankle to mid-calf basic white socks, maybe folded over or with a ruffle. I also have these adorable striped ones, though, that match misha's hair and general aesthetic.

Can anyone confirm that the white socks are "official"? Or could people give their preferences (see pic)? I also feel like the stripes might be infringing on Emi's "thing" a bit. Does that seem like an issue? Please respond with opinions!!
Last edited by Lallafa on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Lallafa wrote:Also, a question. The few full references of Misha I could find (including fanart....) have her wearing ankle to mid-calf basic white socks, maybe folded over or with a ruffle. I also have these adorable striped ones, though, that match misha's hair and general aesthetic.

Can anyone confirm that the white socks are "official"? Or could people give their preferences (see pic)? I also feel like the stripes might be infringing on Emi's "thing" a bit. Does that seem like an issue? Please respond with opinions!!
From an early work-in-progress version of the classroom CG in act 1:
mishasocks.jpg
mishasocks.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 11274 times
These are her canon socks, if it helps. They're pink with white ruffles on the end (just uncoloured here because it's a WIP).
Lallafa

Post by Lallafa »

Thank you! That's REALLY helpful. I'll start keeping an eye out for some shorter pink socks. Does the shade match her hair? Or is it darker/lighter?

Also, if you're still around...This may seem like a weird question, but are the dakimakura underwear canon? I like to make spankies for costumes with shorter skirts just in case, and I'm enough of a faggot that I like to make those accurate too if possible.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

She has no real canon underwear sets.