Seventeen pills a day

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Seventeen pills a day

Post by Silentcook »

Working extra shifts on top of already long hours at my job has a single occasional "bonus"; now and then I randomly stumble on project-related tidbits.
In this case, I met Hisao. Well, not really - Hisao isn't sixtyish, for starters. Nor does he get a few years to recover from his heart attack before the narration in KS begins. Still, as the med-resources arm of the dev team, I thought sharing one possible therapy list for a real patient might give you all something to ponder and compare with. Bear in mind that this is likely overall MILDER stuff than what our protagonist would have to put up with.

Ticlopidine 250 - 1tb twice daily
Torasemide 10 - 1tb twice daily
Lansoprazole 30 - 1tb daily
Metoprolol 100 - 1/2tb + 1/4tb daily
Lisinopril 20 - 1/2tb twice daily
Allopurinol 300 - 1/2tb daily
Lysine Aspirin 75 - 1tb daily
n−3 polyunsaturated fatty acids 1000 - 1tb twice daily
Ezetimibe and Simvastatin 10/40 - 1tb daily
Cardioaspirin and one other antiaggregant in unspecified amounts.

All dosages in mg. Commercial product names carefully laundered and transformed into their active-principle equivalent, of course.
Go hit up Wikipedia if you want more detail. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Juno

Re: Seventeen pills a day

Post by Juno »

There's enough matter to make an omelette for easier consumption. :shock:
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nah, crush them up to powder and down them in a glass with a raw egg Rocky Balboa style is the only way suitable for our "VN Stud" Hisao to take all those. :mrgreen:
(Yes, I know... time released medications... yackty, smack; do not bite or crush... yammer, blather. It is a real bad idea to do, but the image of Hisao doing that in the early morning and then going off to run with Emi amuses me greatly.)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Have him montage with the Rocky theme, only at the top of the stairs, Hisao has a heart attack.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:Have him montage with the Rocky theme, only at the top of the stairs, Hisao has a heart attack.
Blast it! Now I can't help but hear Stallone's voice in my head saying, "Yo, Emiiii!!" Gah! Get it out, make it stop, make it stop.... :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

Currently at 16 pills per day myself, between official prescriptions and recommended supplements. That goes up to 22 this weekend when I start on the new cholesterol med (had a nasty reaction to the old one). 12 (15 next week) of those are taken in the morning.

*edit* make that goes up to 23 this weekend, I forgot I'm supposed to start a new supplement too). There's also the potential for adding 6 more per day if the seizures come back.

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

:O
That's like a fistful or two :O
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

The Breakfast of champions.
drugs glorious drugs

Post by drugs glorious drugs »

makes my daily multivitamin seem like nothing o_o
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

I suppose that Hisao's list includes sildenafil citrate in it, right?
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

A more down to Earth method would be pouring them in a bowl and eating them with milk.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Silentcook wrote: Ticlopidine 250 - 1tb twice daily
Torasemide 10 - 1tb twice daily
Lansoprazole 30 - 1tb daily
Metoprolol 100 - 1/2tb + 1/4tb daily
Lisinopril 20 - 1/2tb twice daily
Allopurinol 300 - 1/2tb daily
Lysine Aspirin 75 - 1tb daily
n−3 polyunsaturated fatty acids 1000 - 1tb twice daily
Ezetimibe and Simvastatin 10/40 - 1tb daily
Cardioaspirin and one other antiaggregant in unspecified amounts.

All dosages in mg. Commercial product names carefully laundered and transformed into their active-principle equivalent, of course.
Go hit up Wikipedia if you want more detail. :)
Just asking out of curiousity... is there a specific congenital heart disorder that Hisao is suffering from? Or did you guys not specify it yet?
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Member22 wrote:Just asking out of curiousity... is there a specific congenital heart disorder that Hisao is suffering from? Or did you guys not specify it yet?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_QT_syndrome
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Thanks a million Suriko :)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Suriko wrote:
Member22 wrote:Just asking out of curiousity... is there a specific congenital heart disorder that Hisao is suffering from? Or did you guys not specify it yet?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_QT_syndrome
Shouldn't the ECG in the opening be longer or something then?