KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

Re: KS CYOA threads

Post by Smoku »

a sub-sub forum sounds like a good idea to me.
CurtLe

Post by CurtLe »

A sub-forum is a good idea, but a lot of the fun of CYOA threads on 4chan is bullshitting around with other people while waiting for the writer to finish.
Arias

Post by Arias »

CurtLe wrote:A sub-forum is a good idea, but a lot of the fun of CYOA threads on 4chan is bullshitting around with other people while waiting for the writer to finish.
I say we still give it a try
Yandere is God-tier
The Laughing Man

Post by The Laughing Man »

Well, here's my take on it. Yes, a lot of these CYOA are, as some put it, tripfag circlejerks. Which is the nature of the beast. Yeah, they even come across as Gaiafag style fanfiction. Again, nature of the beast. Maybe I'm biased since I writefag my own, but I think that for the most part, everyone has a good time. It's a way for the fans to enjoy KS before it comes out. I enjoy it, at any rate. And hell, there's a 138 page thread here dedicated to them.

Yeah, they're not okay on 4chan, and yeah, we probably should have gone to another medium a long time ago. I for one, blame our robot overlords. 4chan's easy to access, easy to jump into, and even easier to post on. Plus, /a/ has easymodo, which archives things and serves as a backup in case the threads get deleted. Which they do. Oh well. My bad. Point is, let's all try to, for the most part, handle this without the delicacy of a gang rape.

On that note, Niggawatts, myself, Negi, Bromont, Snicket, Arias, and pretty much any other writers should all totally get in on a conference call one day so we can all bullshit about things and such.
WAHAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
Arias

Post by Arias »

The Laughing Man wrote:On that note, Niggawatts, myself, Negi, Bromont, Snicket, Arias, and pretty much any other writers should all totally get in on a conference call one day so we can all bullshit about things and such.
Except Snicket and Bromont I have everyone on Windows Live Messenger, maybe we should set up a time to talk about where the threads are going
Yandere is God-tier
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

Own personal forum area?

Seems a bit... excessive.
Arias

Post by Arias »

Either that or we find somewhere else to do these
Yandere is God-tier
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

I'm perfectly fine with doing mine on 4chan, but that's mainly because I enjoy the reactions.

Whatever you guys decide is fine.
LiquidOcelot

Post by LiquidOcelot »

The Laughing Man wrote:On that note, Niggawatts, myself, Negi, Bromont, Snicket, Arias, and pretty much any other writers should all totally get in on a conference call one day so we can all bullshit about things and such.
I would love to participate if offered, out of curiosity do we have a KS staff contact interested in dealing with this issue?
Richiter Bromont wrote:I'm perfectly fine with doing mine on 4chan, but that's mainly because I enjoy the reactions.

Whatever you guys decide is fine.
I tend to agree with bromont here. I personally think the gains outweigh the grievances with 4chan.
Whatever is decided I shall bide my time until moot speaks on the issue.
Lets face it, when the full KS game is released /a/ /jp/ /v/ hell even /tg/ will be flooded with discussion mods or no mods.
There will be an audience on 4chan, its just a matter of when; then question then becomes what do we do in the meantime.
If you are happy producing content for the limited audience of this forum or some kind of hypothetical KSchan, that is perfectly fine.
My ambitions are slightly different.

Aside: I don't follow every little update, has there been any word from our dear Brother-Captain Negi?
/k/ - politics
/k/ - bullshit/general
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

LiquidOcelot wrote:
I tend to agree with bromont here. I personally think the gains outweigh the grievances with 4chan.
Whatever is decided I shall bide my time until moot speaks on the issue.
Lets face it, when the full KS game is released /a/ /jp/ /v/ hell even /tg/ will be flooded with discussion mods or no mods.
There will be an audience on 4chan, its just a matter of when; then question then becomes what do we do in the meantime.
If you are happy producing content for the limited audience of this forum or some kind of hypothetical KSchan, that is perfectly fine.
My ambitions are slightly different.

Aside: I don't follow every little update, has there been any word from our dear Brother-Captain Negi?
The staff does not particularly care for or about the CYOA threads, so there would be little point in having a "staff contact"
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
LiquidOcelot

Post by LiquidOcelot »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:The staff does not particularly care for or about the CYOA threads, so there would be little point in having a "staff contact"
Was just wondering if any staff had mentioned/discussed it.
Personally I'd rather the Dev's just relax and work on the game than have to worry about every little thing that goes on here.
That's also why I'd rather just post on 4chan, this "performance art" (read collaborative fap orchestrating) is more fun with a live audience anyways.

So it's back to waiting for moot I go, all for the best though.
/k/ - politics
/k/ - bullshit/general
Arias

Post by Arias »

LiquidOcelot wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:The staff does not particularly care for or about the CYOA threads, so there would be little point in having a "staff contact"
Was just wondering if any staff had mentioned/discussed it.
Personally I'd rather the Dev's just relax and work on the game than have to worry about every little thing that goes on here.
That's also why I'd rather just post on 4chan, this "performance art" (read collaborative fap orchestrating) is more fun with a live audience anyways.

So it's back to waiting for moot I go, all for the best though.
I'm sure if we had a space on the forums to do this we would get a live audience still
and also I HIGHLY doubt that the Devs are wasting even a fraction of a second worrying about these threads
Yandere is God-tier
Juno

Post by Juno »

Sooo... maybe I'm being ignorant, but why don't you try to make them on 4chan's text-only boards? They're mostly dead. :?:
DESU

Post by DESU »

Juno wrote:Sooo... maybe I'm being ignorant, but why don't you try to make them on 4chan's text-only boards? They're mostly dead. :?:
because they're dead, as well as our regulars being on the imageboard, and that the text board has no archiver.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.