Bad end discussion topic

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Bad end discussion topic

Post by G3n0c1de »

ubergeneral wrote:what if he went for one of the other minor characters? That could be a bad end.

Also Iwaniko.
It's more likely that Hisao would stray off of Hanako's path on to one of the other path girls rather than the furniture, which is impossible already. And Iwanako exists solely to put Hisao in the hospital.

Hisao will probably screw things up all on his own.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Instead of leaving for another path girl, Hisao could rape her, and she commits suicide over that.

Then again, I don't know how depressing they are out to make this, so.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

I'd like to see a yandere Hanako bad end, but that's probably because of the shimmie.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Aw! i've been reading to much Higurashi manga, now an yandra ending dosen't seem to far fetched now.

Anyway kidding aside. I don't think it would be unlikely that you'd get a 'oops you blew it' type of ending. After trying to pursue two possible love interests and didn't close to either of them.

Then again, i really haven't played many VN games, so i don't really know what 'possible' endings can come up.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Classically it would be like this:
Act 1- you get on the girl path. all fine.
All other acts will have her special- like events and all. Endings will be mostly like- normal ending, good ending, bad ending.
Good ending- yay, you succeeded, that's great, that girl is yours and you both live happily ever after
normal ending- You went through a lot of hardships. Life isn't and won't be easy up from now but she is and will be by your side to the end although the world does approve of you/ hates you or her/ insert something bad.
bad ending- you screwed up. The girl doesn't love you anymore, she's hurt, she wants to break every bonds with you. You either do something stupid or live a boring, lonesome life.

At least that's what I consider "classic"
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Snicket wrote:After trying to pursue two possible love interests and didn't close to either of them.
From my understanding, that can't happen. The devs have stated that, after Act 1, you get stuck into one of the girl's route. Meaning you can't go chasing Emi after you've loitered with Rin during the festival. What Smoku says is much more possible. A bit clichéd, but hey; it's a school fantasy, what's not clichéd about it?
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I already know that after act 1 you're locked in with what ever girl you chose to spend time with. What i was getting at is, 'maybe' some where down the line. One of the 'other' girls tries to get to. Not the other way around. thus the ending you got would determine if you acted on these or ignored then and stayed the path....if that makes any seance.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Snicket wrote:I already know that after act 1 you're locked in with what ever girl you chose to spend time with. What i was getting at is, 'maybe' some where down the line. One of the 'other' girls tries to get to. Not the other way around. thus the ending you got would determine if you acted on these or ignored then and stayed the path....if that makes any seance.
Lemme clarify: let's say you go for Rin, Emi (or some other girl) starts showing interest towards Hisao, and Hisao (i.e. the player) appears to be able to go for the other one isntead of Rin, which would earn a "bad end." If that's what you mean, then yah, I get it. But I really, really, really hope that doesn't happen for 2 reasons:
1.- It feels like a cheap way of straying the player's attention from the girl whose route you are on. It would be painfully obvious that the only possible result of saying yes to, lessay Emi again, would be getting slapped with a Rin bad-end.
2.- Let's suppose someone actually decides to change direction and go for Emi instead of Rin while in the middle of Rin's route... I dunno 'bout you, but I'd feel cheated for getting a bad-end because of that. Suppose that Emi did prove to be far more interesting/fun/helpful/[insert positive adjective] than Rin, making the player think "y'know, Emi is actually a better choice than Rin. Imma dump the armless chica 'n go for this peppy lil' gal" but you get kicked in the balls with Rin's bad-end. That'd suck, because getting dumped and dumping someone for someone else happens all the time, and getting punished for changing my mind ain't my idea of fun.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

-abscess wrote: 1.- It feels like a cheap way of straying the player's attention from the girl whose route you are on. It would be painfully obvious that the only possible result of saying yes to, lessay Emi again, would be getting slapped with a Rin bad-end.
That or threesomes.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

@abscess,

hey that's why i said it was a bad ending.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

-abscess wrote:
Snicket wrote: Let's suppose someone actually decides to change direction and go for Emi instead of Rin while in the middle of Rin's route... I dunno 'bout you, but I'd feel cheated for getting a bad-end because of that. Suppose that Emi did prove to be far more interesting/fun/helpful/[insert positive adjective] than Rin, making the player think "y'know, Emi is actually a better choice than Rin. Imma dump the armless chica 'n go for this peppy lil' gal" but you get kicked in the balls with Rin's bad-end. That'd suck, because getting dumped and dumping someone for someone else happens all the time
This is exactly what I was trying to explain here... I know that not all fans/players would like it... but should something resembling this be considered in the game story? It would add realism, showing that your decisions/actions can have an effect on other ppl than your girl.

I think rather than a bad end... it would lead to a bad situation like Rin kicking your balls, I agree that should not end the game. I think it should go on, but it would be weird to see Rin acting normally after PC dumps her for Emi... also, we should see an effect in the relationship between Rin and Emi.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It's been said many times that be the end of act I, you're locked into 1 route. This probably means that any deviance will result in a a bad end. The only way I could see path jumping is if it is limited to just her friend. We all know how the girls come in pairs, yes? The only girl I could see Hisao jumping to without a bad end is the partner of your current path heroine. This leaves Shizune all by herself, though. Something like this is probably unecessary of the game, so I doubt it will be done.

Snicket, the scenraio you propose is interesting, but the writers will probably constrain Hisao's choices in such a way that you won't have any romantic inclinations toward Emi while on Rin's path. You'll still be good friends with Emi during all this, if it's any consolation.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

G3n0c1de wrote: Snicket, the scenraio you propose is interesting, but the writers will probably constrain Hisao's choices in such a way that you won't have any romantic inclinations toward Emi while on Rin's path. You'll still be good friends with Emi during all this, if it's any consolation.
Good to know :)
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

G3n0c1de wrote:You'll still be good friends with Emi during all this, if it's any consolation.
Not really.... I'd love to be able to dump Rin for Emi or viceversa and get a different ending instead of a "BAD END Haha fuck you" moment, but yeah, it'd be a HUMONGOUS amount of work to do that even for one route, so that isn't more than a pipe dream.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KS is not a dating sim. Scenarios like suggested by a few people (basically, love triangle/cheating.. or anything really) would happen only if they were an integral part of a path's story, not "just because we can".
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents