H scene quantity

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: H scene quantity

Post by Bara »

I'd guess the number of sex scenes will be as many as each path writer wants to use to tell the story, with an upper limit enforced by how many the artists are willing to draw. :wink:
As opposed to the number of sex scenes, I'm more curious as to how many intimate scenes each writer will choose to use to set up and move along the story to reach the, pardon the expression, climactic scenes for each path.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Wreckusu wrote: I think they'll all end up with the same number of scenes actually. Just to keep it balanced. Overindulging some characters (like Emi) will just make them seem more slutty than the others, not to mention it'll spark annoyance from fans of other characters. If they gave more or less smut to each character you can be sure people will complain about it. While I doubt the devs really care about complaints like that I do think they're at least interested in giving each girl her fair share of attention (except Misha).
Since the paths all take place over roughly the same period of time, I think the devs would be more concerned about realism than what the fans want, and the quantity of H-scenes per character would be more reflective of the character's own traits.

Word on the street is, Emi's entire Act 4 is one long H-scene.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Bara

Post by Bara »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Word on the street is, Emi's entire Act 4 is one long H-scene.
YEAH!! Thats my girl! :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Karasu-sama

Post by Karasu-sama »

I'm hoping 4, at least 3, per character, especially because I tend to view the game from the perspective of chasing Shizune (who is, of course, my waifu). It boils down to this: if the Devs don't spend at least one Shizune scene in a 3some wif Misha, they'll be wasting a golden opportunity, but given their attention to romance and plot, there's gotta be at least 2 more scenes where its just her and Hisao. Frankly, as long as they can keep with the good plot, and manage to retain the love and tenderness and whatnots, I'm all for as many H-scenes as may be lovingly crafted or shoehorned in.
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

Smoku wrote:tough the H scenes aren't the point of most focus in the game, right?
Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
Because nothing says romance like mercilessly jackhammering a virgin.

On the original topic, I remember reading somewhere that it would vary from 3 to 5 per route. As for which girls got more, or where I saw that I have no idea, so take it with a few grains of salt.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Bara wrote:YEAH!! Thats my girl! :twisted:

Y...YOURS!?

Sir, I think we may have to take this outside. *rolls up sleeves*

On a serious note, as long as there aren't ridiculous amounts of H scenes like in Wanko to Kurasou I won't complain, even if they aren't that good, which I honestly doubt considering the quality 4LS seem to be working too.

Also -
Smoku wrote:tough the H scenes aren't the point of most focus in the game, right?
Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
I wouldn't exactly say the H scene with Rin in UBW gave off a "good mood" considering you basically relentlessly pounded her while she was in pain ;-; but I suppose you could say the unintentionally hilarious writing in the H scenes gave off a good mood...
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

EmP|ty wrote:[
On a serious note, as long as there aren't ridiculous amounts of H scenes like in Wanko to Kurasou I won't complain, even if they aren't that good, which I honestly doubt considering the quality 4LS seem to be working too.
Wanko to Kurasou consist nearly only of those scenes ><

oh, writing that thing about F/SN I had in mind Saber (oh, at least the 2nd scene.). I didn't finish it, I'm on Rin path just now and didn't get to any H-scenes with her yet. But for all the voices of critics, I'm beginning to be afraid of what lies ahead of me >< I'm such a noob.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Smoku wrote:
EmP|ty wrote:[
Wanko to Kurasou consist nearly only of those scenes ><

oh, writing that thing about F/SN I had in mind Saber (oh, at least the 2nd scene.). I didn't finish it, I'm on Rin path just now and didn't get to any H-scenes with her yet. But for all the voices of critics, I'm beginning to be afraid of what lies ahead of me >< I'm such a noob.
Oh haha, yea the Saber scenes weren't all that bad, but the Rin scene is pretty kinda... not that bad really but you sort of think "wow Shirou, you're a bit of a dick."
Apart from that the Rin path is brilliant.

and I agree Wanko is chock full of 'em, still pretty good though. :wink:
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

EmP|ty wrote:and I agree Wanko is chock full of 'em, still pretty good though. :wink:
yea, I just couldn't hate it ^^

ok, offtopic over. KS h scenes will surely be fine. 4LS, you have our trust on that.
Arraxis

Post by Arraxis »

F/SN's sex scenes were horrible, and I could have gone without them. Would rather have Realta Nua :D.

I'm not sure if I'll get the non-ero version for Katawa Shoujo or not, though. While I'm really not interested in H-scenes, I'd feel like I'm missing out on something. I expect that they'll be better done than F/SN and Tsukihime, but they're more frequent as well. I'll probably decide when the game's actually released, though.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Arraxis wrote: I'm not sure if I'll get the non-ero version for Katawa Shoujo or not, though.
We're not releasing a non-ero version. So I guess you're getting the ero version.
Anon

Post by Anon »

While I understand psychological value of sex in the relationship (even more so with unique KS characters) and that it's a very powerfull tool in writer's arsenal, I still hope there won't be too many of H scenes in the game. One or two would IMO be ideal.
P.S. Emi's Act 4 does sound tempting, though.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

I'll just pump up the pressure by saying that the H-scene I look forward most is Rin's. It's almost guaranteed that I'm somehow gonna laugh or cry or something if she's the one.

Sorry, Rin's writer. ;_;
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Arraxis wrote:I'm not sure if I'll get the non-ero version for Katawa Shoujo or not, though.
What the fuck.
40%

Post by 40% »

"Oh god, Saber, I'm dying. It hurts so much. Less than a few hours ago my torso was cut straight through and you were nearly killed... let's perform oral sex on each other."