H scene quantity

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Wreckusu

H scene quantity

Post by Wreckusu »

Knowing the nature of the internet I will add the usual disclaimer apology excusing myself if this has been posted before. I didn't see it while glancing through the forum and didn't find anything from search (not that I was quite sure what I was searching for).

At any rate I was wondering how much hentai there'll be in the final release. It's likely going to be quite conservative, I can gleam that much from Act 1. It probably is going to boil down to: 1 sex scene or two?

I'm personally in the camp that prefers at least 2 but I'm well aware that such details are set in stone and wouldn't suggest changing it. My curiosity is just getting the better of me, is all.

While I'm on the subject though will there be any random ecchi CG's? I did notice that Shizune gets a panty shot in act 1. Finally while Misha is destined to never get a path is there still a chance of naked Misha (though understandably not a full H scene), possibly as a part of Shizune's path?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: H scene quantity

Post by Aura »

We have cadre of fanartists for random ecchi stuff. Also there is just the right amount of sex scenes.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Aura wrote:We have cadre of fanartists for random ecchi stuff. Also there is just the right amount of sex scenes.
Well I didn't expect much more of an answer at any rate. I can't say I mind too much about the amount anyway. Unlike other HVN's I've played KS will be something that I start up to play rather than to jerk off to. Still I could really go for some naked Misha...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

The number will vary from path to path, but I think your estimate is a bit conservative. I think it will probably be around 4. Maybe more.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

G3n0c1de wrote:The number will vary from path to path, but I think your estimate is a bit conservative. I think it will probably be around 4. Maybe more.
Just to clarify I meant 1 or 2 per path. Not overall.

I don't think it will be 4 per path though, seems like a tad too much. Poor Hisao would HNNNNNNNNNG from all that fucking. Quite a few VN's that aren't sex heavy have about 2 per girl which tends to be quite reasonable. Then again we also have to consider how many CG's per scene. The sex heavy ones go with single CG scenes, preferring to pack quantity over quality as well as reusing some H CG's from scene to scene. The more conservative ones typically have multi-CG scenes, with about 2-3 CG's per scene (not counting variations on the CG).

As I expressed earlier though the final amount of smut in the game isn't going to be of huge issue to me. I'd enjoy it even with it turned off if the demo is any indication. Doesn't mean I'm opposed to it either though, and I hope the "right amount" is enough to satiate my appetite (man that sounded dirty, somewhat unavoidable considering the subject matter though).
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

Pure speculation on my part, but as G3n0c1de suggests, I think the number of H scenes for each character will vary, largely dependent on their personalities.

The more assertive characters - Shizune and Emi respectively, I think - will likely have one or two more H scenes than say, Hanako, who may just have but the one H scene given how shy she is. Much of Hanako's route may be spent simply teasing her out of her shell.
Then again, the numbers may be the same/very similiar for each path, but you'll simply get some characters to open up to you quicker, and thus kissing and cuddling comes sooner. Again, largely dependent on the personalities of the girls.
Open up our narrow minds.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

tough the H scenes aren't the point of most focus in the game, right?
Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Smoku wrote:Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
Cough

what
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

what? >.> how many of'em were there? and how long the game is? long.

do something about the cough :>
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

Smoku wrote:Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
What? Nasu sex scenes are notoriously bad and obviously forced in just for the sake of sales. I don't know where you would get the idea that they are any good.

Mollusks, so erotic I want to puke, etc.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The more assertive characters - Shizune and Emi respectively, I think - will likely have one or two more H scenes than say, Hanako, who may just have but the one H scene given how shy she is. Much of Hanako's route may be spent simply teasing her out of her shell.
It could also be the exact opposite...with Hanako getting 4, but the first 3 getting cut short prematurely due to her freaking out.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Guest Poster wrote:
It could also be the exact opposite...with Hanako getting 4, but the first 3 getting cut short prematurely due to her freaking out.
... something similar happens in 'Family Project', so it would not be very original. However, if the roles were reversed and Hisao is the one who has his doubts about being ready for such a thing, phsysically as mentally, then it would be a rather interesting twist.*

*= Although I am sure something like this will not happen.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

Deimos wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
... something similar happens in 'Family Project', so it would not be very original. However, if the roles were reversed and Hisao is the one who has his doubts about being ready for such a thing, phsysically as mentally, then it would be a rather interesting twist.*

*= Although I am sure something like this will not happen.
I've been thinking that actually. We've seen in Act 1 that Hisao is rather self-concious and closed off due to any number of reasons, mainly due to being out of most contact with people his age during his time in the hospital. He's also rather concious of his arrythmia as well. I'd certainly be interested in each path being a joint experience of opening up to one another. Oh dear, my romantic side is getting the better of me again.
Open up our narrow minds.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Three each, plus one masturbation scene for Shizune.
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Smoku wrote:tough the H scenes aren't the point of most focus in the game, right?
Like, F/SN had just a few but so nice and making a good mood, not screwing up the story.
Well as I mentioned before the amount of sex varies depending on the games focus. KS is character/story focused rather than smut focused. Hence there'll probably be a conservative amount of scenes. I mean I don't think there'll be any more than two full sex scenes per path, maybe only even one at that.
BustRobot wrote:Pure speculation on my part, but as G3n0c1de suggests, I think the number of H scenes for each character will vary, largely dependent on their personalities.

Then again, the numbers may be the same/very similiar for each path, but you'll simply get some characters to open up to you quicker, and thus kissing and cuddling comes sooner. Again, largely dependent on the personalities of the girls.
I think they'll all end up with the same number of scenes actually. Just to keep it balanced. Overindulging some characters (like Emi) will just make them seem more slutty than the others, not to mention it'll spark annoyance from fans of other characters. If they gave more or less smut to each character you can be sure people will complain about it. While I doubt the devs really care about complaints like that I do think they're at least interested in giving each girl her fair share of attention (except Misha).