KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

some random dude

Re: KS threads on 4chan

Post by some random dude »

Yea... the last Negi thread isn't here. He basically said he was going awol for a bit while he wrote the next section.
People /r/'d some plot points and he took the requests: expecting something about a jealous stalker Hanako and escalating bromance with Rin.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Swx wrote:Is it me or have the threads been showing up less and less lately?
No its dwindled a bit, though you cant expect us to be able to consistently pull off a good story every night. Once i get some much needed things done, i'll do a thread. Hopefully some time this week.

-Though on a related note, I'm curious about some took my last thread. Only a few responded and voted, along with the image spammer.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Snicket wrote:
Swx wrote:Is it me or have the threads been showing up less and less lately?
-Though on a related note, I'm curious about some took my last thread. Only a few responded and voted, along with the image spammer.
I am but one man, Snicket. I cannot vote more than once.

But what I think the thing is, this arc has been going on for a while. Looking at my archive...the body swaps started on your 17th thread, took pause briefly from the 28th to 34th for the infection arc, then, halfway through the 34th, continued the body swaps up until the current 46th. This count does not include a few threads that were too small to bother registering as full, with about one post and very few votes. Looks like Rin would be the last one, starting next time and spanning about six or seven threads.

This isn't to say I don't like it, nor the others who've followed you this far. It's just that, the idea can get a little stale running for so long. Keeping it going is fine, but you need a little variety every once in a while, such as your infection arc.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

At least 46 threads. :shock: damn i didn't realize I've done that many.

Anyway i've realized that this 'body swap' arch has been going for a while. I honestly didn't plan for it to go on as long as it did. Originally i was going to have these spam only a few threads each, but

I enjoy both positive and negative input on my work. As long as there some mean behind it. Given the current situation, i may mix things up a bit, to keep things interesting.
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

some random dude wrote:Yea... the last Negi thread isn't here. He basically said he was going awol for a bit while he wrote the next section.
People /r/'d some plot points and he took the requests: expecting something about a jealous stalker Hanako and escalating bromance with Rin.
I was going to post a link to that, but what was on easymodo wasn't really related to KS at all. I've no idea if the continuation in /tg/ was related, since I wasn't present for the actual thread.
Snicket wrote:Though on a related note, I'm curious about some took my last thread. Only a few responded and voted, along with the image spammer.
Unfortunately I had company at the time, so I was unable to partake.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Malus_Phasmatis wrote:I was going to post a link to that, but what was on easymodo wasn't really related to KS at all. I've no idea if the continuation in /tg/ was related, since I wasn't present for the actual thread.
I'm think we should expect bears, when he posts it. Just...steel yourselves for that.

The /tg/ continuation. Man, was that a ride. No, no, that was not related in the least. It was an all out war (the story, not /tg/), with space marines everywhere, and demons, and magic, then /a/ sent Kamina and some others, and /vg/ sent all their Diablo guys along with some others. The whoever we were playing as had /a/ all to himself with the now unguarded waifus. About that point, I think everyone dropped, Negi included.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
UnknownFan

Post by UnknownFan »

I know I've voiced my opinion on your bodyswap fascination before, Snicket, but seeing an actual number on it is just...crazy, man, you definitely aren't a bad writer, but sticking to one thing for so long is bound to lose some peoples interest.

Kind of sad I missed the /tg/ continuation, the link on easymodo 404'd by the time I woke up.

But yea, the number of threads have definitely been cut back, be it for the writers personal problems or situations or just plain bad luck, shit sucks, but it cant be helped.
The Laughing Man

Post by The Laughing Man »

UnknownFan wrote:But yea, the number of threads have definitely been cut back, be it for the writers personal problems or situations or just plain bad luck, shit sucks, but it cant be helped.
I for one, blame the robot overlords.

On that note, expect something out of me, seriously this time, around Tuesday. If not, Thursday. Spammer or not.
WAHAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

UnknownFan wrote:I know I've voiced my opinion on your bodyswap fascination before, Snicket, but seeing an actual number on it is just...crazy, man, you definitely aren't a bad writer, but sticking to one thing for so long is bound to lose some peoples interest.
Yeah, like i said. I wasn't planning on having them go for as long as they have. I'm going to try to salvage this in some way, hopefully bringing back some of the former fans.

-Also, i'm going to try doing a thread Tuesday. If not Wednesday.
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

HAHAHA
I'M BACK

AND I'M DOING A THREAD EVERY NIGHT OF THIS WEEK
I'LL TAKE IT ALL AND FUCKING KILL YOU WITH IT

/Caps
michglich

Post by michglich »

Richiter Bromont wrote:HAHAHA
I'M BACK

/Caps
THIS MAN IS A GOD AMONG MEN!
Is it safe to say it'll be 10PM central like usual?
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Richiter Bromont wrote:HAHAHA
I'M BACK

/Caps
I really should get around to making a record of yours and Negis...and the older gen...does anyone already have Yamaku and Storyteller documented?

Good stuff, though. The nights have grown dull. Looks to be an eventful week with everyone going for it.
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

callmeemo wrote:I really should get around to making a record of yours and Negis...and the older gen...does anyone already have Yamaku and Storyteller documented?
They should all be in this thread, you just have to go back far enough.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

I realize that, sorting through that is what I'm procrastinating. I mean something like this. (This is an older file, I'm away from my computer right now. Luckily, I keep spares.)
Attachments
Snicket.txt
(4.57 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Negi

Post by Negi »

I keep forgetting we have this page, where I should post rather than annoying /a/.

In any case:

My schedule has changed to allow me to possibly run threads on some days. I might take advantage of it. I have made a new YouTube account called NegiWebChat as a bit of a video-blog concerning the threads and general knowledge about what's going on that may affect my ability to deliver.

Also, I turned 19 on Monday. My reward was starting classes and catching the flu. Woo~
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan