If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tsundere Lightning

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Gainax has legendary downer endings, but it's not a given with that studio. The 2009 Evangelion Movies are MUCH more upbeat than the series (I recommend them without reservation), they did well with Kare Kano, and let's not forget Tengen Toppa Gurren Fucking Lagaan. Which admittedly had a bittersweet/polarizing ending.

Not saying they're my first choice, but they're IMHO capable of doing a good job at an uplifting or sweet ending.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

The Kare Kano anime DOES NOT EXIST.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

A smidgeon off-topic, but I just realized something. By the law of First Girl Wins, the anime would have Shizune's end since Misha isn't dateable. Never mind that you get to see Hanako sitting in the classroom before you notice Shizune; you talk with Shizune first.

Also, I still say if there was a KS anime to be produced, it'd have to come from KyoAni.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

coldacid wrote:By the law of First Girl Wins
Iwanako end.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

She'll chop her own legs off so she can go to the same school as Hisao.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

coldacid wrote:First Girl Wins
Muto.

That aside, yeah, Iwanako is definitely the first girl.
kosherbacon wrote:She'll chop her own legs off so she can go to the same school as Hisao.
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, eh?
kosherbacon's phone

Post by kosherbacon's phone »

The new "mature" Emi sprite is actually Iwanako in disguise. Loli Emi was murdered sometime after act 1. Nobody noticed her change in appearance.
Juno

Post by Juno »

kosherbacon's phone wrote:The new "mature" Emi sprite is actually Iwanako in disguise. Loli Emi was murdered sometime after act 1. Nobody noticed her change in appearance.
No, no. I'm almost sure you actually mean no one cared because she wasn't popular.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

G3n0c1de wrote:
coldacid wrote:By the law of First Girl Wins
Iwanako end.
EDIT: Prologue and non-dateable characters don't count.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Juno wrote:No, no. I'm almost sure you actually mean no one cared because she wasn't popular.
I was actually about to edit my post to say that, thanks :lol:
MetalGearFlaccid

Post by MetalGearFlaccid »

I'd go J.C.Staff, mostly going off of my love for ToraDora!
(In spoilers so posters from /a/ won't tear out my throat.)

Their depiction of how love can be formed, and then realizing how it may not actually lead anywhere, while simultaneously revealing true love hidden behind the scenes the whole kind of interested me. Perhaps Hisao falls for one of the girls, or perhaps in and out of love with all of them, then comes to the realization that he truly loves [insert secondary character here] because they were always there for each other, depending on one another without ever realizing it.

Give it a month after the end of the series, and then you can't mention it on /a/ without being verbally destroyed, just like ToraDora!
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

Kyoto.
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
40%

Post by 40% »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:The 2009 Evangelion Movies are MUCH more upbeat than the series (I recommend them without reservation)
Those movies aren't really a 'Gainax' production per se. Or rather, the group that worked on TTGL and other recent Gainax works are not the same as those working on Rebuild or not to the same degree. Rebuild is made by both Khara (Anno's own studio) and Gainax, and since Anno is directing the movies there is a much more personal Anno vibe than a Gainax one. That said, Rebuild is surprisingly cheerful for an Anno work. By which I mean, it isn't completely and horribly depressing. Odd for him.

But yeah, I don't think Gainax would be the greatest studio for KS. Gainax are primarily action based, be it serious or comedic, and I'm fairly sure KS has very, very little fast-paced action. Of course, there are a few exception with very little action, but those are generally comedies, such as Hanamaru Yoichien.
MetalGearFlaccid wrote:Their depiction of how love can be formed, and then realizing how it may not actually lead anywhere, while simultaneously revealing true love hidden behind the scenes the whole kind of interested me.
I think you should really be congratulating Yuyuko Takemiya on her writing skills, rather than JC Staff on their adapting skills if that's what you liked about ToraDora. Though ToraDora is one of the better JCStaff anime I've seen.

Still, I can't say I liked that ending. Should have totally been a Yasuko End. She was, by far, the best girl in the show.
MetalGearFlaccid

Post by MetalGearFlaccid »

40% wrote: I think you should really be congratulating Yuyuko Takemiya on her writing skills, rather than JC Staff on their adapting skills if that's what you liked about ToraDora. Though ToraDora is one of the better JCStaff anime I've seen.

Yeah, it may have just been the story that was adapted, but I think they really pulled it off in their presentation. The music, in particular, really can set the mood. Tell me you can listen to "Lost my Pieces" without bursting into tears. (I'm hoping that this composer actually works for J.C. Staff and is not a freelancer, because my argument would be invalid in that case.) And their versions of the character designs are perfect: a light touch of moe, but not enough moe to be irritable.
40% wrote:Still, I can't say I liked that ending. Should have totally been a Yasuko End. She was, by far, the best girl in the show.
Wow... Thanks... Can't get that out of my head...
I need to get a screwdriver to clean out my brain.
Wincest or not, it's still incest. Eww... But she is kinda, hot so... No! I need to stop thinking like that!