Japanese have no fight or flight reflex?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Japanese have no fight or flight reflex?

Post by G3n0c1de »

The Almighty Bork Master wrote:Well cat and string certainly does describe Shizune's approach.

Although by the end of act 1 she's overstretched herself making it fairly obvious what she wants thus giving Hisao an advantage. If he takes it.
If you see this at the end of act 1, then he has already choosen her.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
stranger

Post by stranger »

G3n0c1de wrote:If you see this at the end of act 1, then he has already choosen her.
I was under the impression that "choosing" a girl in act 1 didn't mean you would be stuck to them for the rest of the game. As a matter of fact I really hope that isn't the case.
remember to take your meds, kids
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

If you see the girl's festival then you're locked to her route. Act 1 sets the route you follow for the rest of the game.
Mish's Evil Twin

Post by Mish's Evil Twin »

Well snap that sucks.

Although the earlier comment about her overextending herself is inaccurate.

She had already revealed her intentions by the second time you went to the cafe with her and Misha.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

chaix wrote:cat and string: kinda sounds like the classic "playing hard to get" approach, they give up a little to keep you interested in them, you're still basically chasing after them though. which does sound like something Shizune would do, it seems like a very... controlling approach to a relationship.

Kinda guessing at the second one, someone correct me if i'm wrong.
That's pretty much it - the idea being that we want more what we can't have easily. A lot of good flirting is effectively trolling someone who finds you attractive (just not so much that they give up, though).
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
chaix

Post by chaix »

went and found the line. it's in Event Horizon; after Hisao finishes the first stall and right before he joins the student council.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Cool, thanks.