Emi's New Sprites

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

vermithrx

Re: Emi's New Sprites

Post by vermithrx »

I like the changes, personally. She seems more lively and energetic on top of looking more mature. I think it's the brighter hue in her eyes, fuller face and the wider, slightly more random, spread to her hair. Her pigtails especially give a sense of being constantly in motion, like she's just darted in toward you or is bouncing up and down or back and forth.
Deimos wrote:There is this weird thought floating around in my head that I cannot understand.
Snicket wrote:Hey i was trying to say that not everyone is going to like the changes. (Or any changes)
Please note that I am not trying to discredit you Snicket, but your words carry something I am wondering about.

Of course, we are creatures of habit and changes are not always appreciated because they tend to create obstacles for us and our plans for the future...

...If Katawa Shoujo is a story about changes and people care about it enough to be on these forums, then why are they unhappy with changes?
You've answered your own question. Were we perfectly rational beings you would be correct and all critique be based on merit, but we are not. Instinct and emotion hold the reins unless we spend every waking moment attempting to ignore urge and bias.

We make decisions with our gut, which tells us anything that breaks our expectations is a threat and with good reason: In the Heart of Darkness, what exists outside expectation is often fatal. Alas, it will take more than a couple thousand years of civilization to overcome millenia of evolutionary conditioning. :|

Edit: Yep, you got me Fronzel. >.< I wish I could honestly say that that was a deliberate play on words, but it wasn't, so I can't.
Last edited by vermithrx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Caesius wrote:Also, whose idea was it to shrink Lilly's breasts?
Someone who wanted to avoid the "big breasted half-European girl" sterotype?
vermithrx wrote: Instinct and emotion hold the reigns...
You mean "reins"...although that way almost makes sense, too.
Bara

Post by Bara »

G3n0c1de wrote:
They didn't shrink, her body just got a LOT bigger.
Oooohh!! Did she catch Misha-itis? :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
They didn't shrink, her body just got a LOT bigger.
Oooohh!! Did she catch Misha-itis? :wink:
I don't know, man... Lilly v2.0 is rocking a pair of drills which have been toned down in v3.0.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Wow. It took me way too long to find out about this. Also, I approve greatly of new Emi.
chaix

Post by chaix »

new emi looks much better, she actually looks more like a high schooler and not hisao's little sister. I notice the yellow on the cuffs is gone, are you guys trying to standardize the uniform a bit more?
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I dont think they will, after all there IS only one official image of new Emi and I don't think it the final one either.

I'm just guessing by the way.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I liked the yellow cuffs. They were one of the things I actually did like about loli-emi.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

chaix wrote:I notice the yellow on the cuffs is gone, are you guys trying to standardize the uniform a bit more?
The gold cuffs was something that Ambi07 did. Now that moekki is drawing Emi some things have changed.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

G3n0c1de wrote:
chaix wrote:I notice the yellow on the cuffs is gone, are you guys trying to standardize the uniform a bit more?
The gold cuffs was something that Ambi07 did. Now that moekki is drawing Emi some things have changed.
Damn, didn't catch that. I can't say I'll miss cap'n Emi too much, though.
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I very much like the new Emi sprite. If nothing else, I would consider dating someone who looks like that, not so much the younger looking Emi sprite it replaced.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
vaen

Post by vaen »

I like the new version a lot. quite simply much more detailed art, and she looks cuter.
true, some improvements could be made, I guess but it's quite fine as is.
Bara

Post by Bara »

I bet they were well into the process of scrapping all of Emmi's old sprites and re-drawing her when they let us know. I'm fairly sure they just let us know to head off any fanboy hissy fits at release.

Their next major announcement will be that Hideaki is.... left handed. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Bara wrote:Their next major announcement will be that Hideaki is.... left handed. :wink:
:x HOW DARE THEY
minkus

Post by minkus »

kosherbacon wrote:
Bara wrote:Their next major announcement will be that Hideaki is.... left handed. :wink:
:x HOW DARE THEY

But what if its already true? We don't know for sure!

Kenji: I wear a hat now.