Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Captain Niggawatts

Re: Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

blackrising wrote:
I agree with you there, but I'd like to think that the pros and cons don't matter as long as you really love that person. Maybe that's just because personally, I wouldn't start a relationship with someone I don't love.*shrug*
(I'll grant that the head-over-heels, love-at-first-sight types of people are out there; but I tend to agree with the ancient greeks and classify it as a type of madness.) :lol:
:lol:
Divorce rate in America is nearly 50%. Obviously there is more to a relationship than just "love."

Sure, some people have true love and stay together through thick and thin, but people are stupid, and to them, every crush is "true love."

So, yeah, fools rush in.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:
blackrising wrote:
I agree with you there, but I'd like to think that the pros and cons don't matter as long as you really love that person. Maybe that's just because personally, I wouldn't start a relationship with someone I don't love.*shrug*
(I'll grant that the head-over-heels, love-at-first-sight types of people are out there; but I tend to agree with the ancient greeks and classify it as a type of madness.) :lol:
:lol:
Divorce rate in America is nearly 50%. Obviously there is more to a relationship than just "love."

Sure, some people have true love and stay together through thick and thin, but people are stupid, and to them, every crush is "true love."

So, yeah, fools rush in.
Man, stop crushing my romantic ideals... :cry:

I actually think you're right, but a girl can dream, no? Looking at it rationally, I'm almost inclined to say there is no such thing as true love, since it's all just a chemical reaction in your body anyway. Well, that and the need to reproduce. :roll:
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Bara

Post by Bara »

blackrising wrote:I agree with you there, but I'd like to think that the pros and cons don't matter as long as you really love that person. Maybe that's just because personally, I wouldn't start a relationship with someone I don't love.*shrug*
Well, with me the measuring of pros and cons would come in the very early stages while I was in that initial curiosity/interest/attraction stage. Besides lack of return interest on the part of the women; the next main factor has always been incompatible personalities, not anything physical about them. Then I'd do it again before I considered m-m-marri... the "M-word". :lol:
This is the general process I went through back in the day when I was still unattached. Of course, when I was in high school it was much shorter: Step 1.) She's interested??? :o Step2.) She's willing!!! :shock: Step 3.) Higher brain functions cease due to lack of blood and the "small head" takes command. :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Poli-Gluttanous

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

blackrising wrote:

I actually think you're right, but a girl can dream, no? Looking at it rationally, I'm almost inclined to say there is no such thing as true love, since it's all just a chemical reaction in your body anyway. Well, that and the need to reproduce. :roll:
Bullshit. I mean, yeah, the chemicals play a part, and the reproductive drive isn't something you can write out, but (and oh God, I can't believe a cynic like me is saying this) true love is a real thing. I know I said earlier that some of these problems might be deal-breakers for me, and it's true, but the key word is might.

If I found someone I loved enough, though for the life of me I can't imagine it, I'd be willing to stay with her as a quadruple amputee, or even as a body encased in an iron lung. More than I believe in Heaven, Hell, or God himself; more than I believe that the sun will rise in the morning, I believe that true love exists. I may never see it in my lifetime, but that shit is real, and I will never be convinced otherwise.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Poli-Gluttanous wrote:
blackrising wrote:

Bullshit. I mean, yeah, the chemicals play a part, and the reproductive drive isn't something you can write out, but (and oh God, I can't believe a cynic like me is saying this) true love is a real thing. I know I said earlier that some of these problems might be deal-breakers for me, and it's true, but the key word is might.

If I found someone I loved enough, though for the life of me I can't imagine it, I'd be willing to stay with her as a quadruple amputee, or even as a body encased in an iron lung. More than I believe in Heaven, Hell, or God himself; more than I believe that the sun will rise in the morning, I believe that true love exists. I may never see it in my lifetime, but that shit is real, and I will never be convinced otherwise.
Well, good there are still people out there who do believe in love. I guess I just haven't seen any proof yet that there might be "the one" somewhere out there.

Bara

Post by Bara »

blackrising wrote:Man, stop crushing my romantic ideals... :cry:
Nah, hold on to your ideals.
A time or two trying to live up to some of my ideals kept me going during some bad times.

To get this back on track; there are some ideals I have that I never seem to live up to and one is treat everyone equally. I've had to face the fact that I am bigoted against people I consider less intelligent than I am; not less educated, intelligent, my education level sucks. I know I could never have a relationship with a woman who lacked the brainpower to keep up with or surpass me. I could deal with damage to the body with much more ease than damage to the brain.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Bara wrote:
blackrising wrote:Man, stop crushing my romantic ideals... :cry:
Nah, hold on to your ideals.
A time or two trying to live up to some of my ideals kept me going during some bad times.

To get this back on track; there are some ideals I have that I never seem to live up to and one is treat everyone equally. I've had to face the fact that I am bigoted against people I consider less intelligent than I am; not less educated, intelligent, my education level sucks. I know I could never have a relationship with a woman who lacked the brainpower to keep up with or surpass me. I could deal with damage to the body with much more ease than damage to the brain.
Yeah, I have to admit that that's kinda a problem for me, too, since intelligence is very important to me. I don't treat people who lack it differently, but that doesn't stop me from feeling kinda uncomfortable in their presence. As far as relationships go...actually I'm the only person I know that doesn't care for outward appereances at all, but if the girl/guy is really dumb or mentally disabled...I dunno if I could deal with that.

Deimos

Post by Deimos »

blackrising wrote: Looking at it rationally, I'm almost inclined to say there is no such thing as true love, since it's all just a chemical reaction in your body anyway. Well, that and the need to reproduce. :roll:
Well, the chemical reaction is only part of it. Love has biological factors that cannot be denied but it also has an interestingly psychological side that is not entirely explainable through hormones or other physical, biological or chemical means.

Look at it this way: You can know everything about what love does and you might even be able to reproduce the reactions normally produced by love with an exact cocktail of chemicals but that will (hopefully) never equate to actually being in love. Like Bara wrote love is something not wholly rational - it must be experienced to be understood.

From that viewpoint, I would say that there is always the possibility of true love occuring.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Deimos wrote: Like Bara ... is ... not wholly rational - it must be experienced to be understood.
A little creative editing reveals the truth. :lol:

das bruce

Post by das bruce »

Sounds like you're talking about qualia.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Bara wrote:
Deimos wrote: Like Bara ... is ... not wholly rational - it must be experienced to be understood.
A little creative editing reveals the truth. :lol:
Wait, am I the Pythia and you are the priest or is it the other way round? :)
das bruce wrote:Sounds like you're talking about qualia.
You are quite right, I was having them in mind while typing that.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
das bruce

Post by das bruce »

On closer inspection you'll find qualia to be what I affectionately refer to as 'hippy nonsense'.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Deimos wrote:Wait, am I the Pythia and you are the priest or is it the other way round? :)
What day of the week is it? :lol:

Lawls

Post by Lawls »

depends on my ability to get along with that person so it wouldn't matter

but if you talk about first impressions i have about people that different
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
repster96

Post by repster96 »

For me its a question of there personality

if there personality is good and they can hold a cnversation then yes i would