Voices of the girls as you imagine them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ksotaku100

Who would you want to star as -blank?

Post by ksotaku100 »

What voice actor/actress would you want star as who from KS if the VN were to be animated and dubbed?
I plan on making an Anime-style FPS/TPS. Cel-shaded 3D Animation and using Source from Valve Corp.

Shizune always reminds me of 2K-tan and Izumi Sawatari.

Battle of Katawa, a mecha RPG-Strategy-Action Game. (Named after Battle of Sunrise.)
coldacid

Re: Who would you want to star as -blank?

Post by coldacid »

Hisao's inner dialogue always reminds me of Kyon, so I'd have to say Tomokazu Sugita/Crispin Freeman for him.

EDIT: Considering that the thread I originally replied in got folded into this one, I think it's safe to say that thread necromancy isn't just permitted, it's enforced. Sorry to those who hate such dark magic, but you've been overruled by The Powers That Be.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
EternalLurker

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by EternalLurker »

You misunderstand. Reviving an old thread uselessly is the sort of necromancy upon which most forums, presumably including this one, frown. Posting sensibly in an old thread is fine, as it's preferable to cluttering up the forums with redundant threads, but necro-ing something with "haha that is hilarious", for example, is different. I've pointed out the difference before.

When you say "dubbed", you mean into English?
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Everyone is voiced by Norio Wakamoto, except for Kenji, who is voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

I'm afraid I don't have an abundant list of voice actors off hand, so I can only describe some of them the way I heard them in English.

Rin: Definitely low tone, bored sounding, but not completely monotone. And I wouldn't have her any other way.

Misha: Annoying. Very similar to Tomo Takino of Azumanga Daioh, though I imagine a higher pitch, but not much higher and not ear rape levels.

Kenji: Not a girl, but it feels necessary to include. Derek Stephen Prince comes to mind.

Emi: I get the impression she would sound like most of the generic imoutos in anime.

Shizune: She has the most beautiful voice that could ever be heard on the face of the Earth, but has little or no control over it. Although pleasant, her lack of control could make her sound like a squealing donkey, or Marlee Matlin (who does not sound like a squealing donkey).

Hanako: Definitely a Hinata Hyuuga, with a slightly deeper tone. Though I always imagined her to have a slightly elegant tone to her voice, possibly mimicking Lilly.

Lilly: Elegant, but not a high pitching sound. Her voice would sound a tad bit deeper, since I somehow thought of her as a sort of motherly figure.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Tweaked wrote:Kenji: Not a girl, but it feels necessary to include. Derek Stephen Prince comes to mind.
Fuck, it's so perfect I can't unhear it.

Also, Hanako would be voiced by the woman who plays Hinata in the Naruto dub (Stephanie Sheh, I think her name is?), because she does "shy moeblob" so damn well.
Sakura Tenshi

Post by Sakura Tenshi »

Okay, so I'm not the only one who keeps hearing Yuri Lowenthal's voice whenever Hisao speaks with the narrations.
He's got a great emotional voice range, Luke Fon Fabre proves her can do sad and depressed, Haseo shows good frustrated and annoyed tones, both of which seem to be common with Hisao, along with a bit of hammyness.
UNIT0918

Post by UNIT0918 »

If technology was good enough that it could take the voices I make for the character in my head, then I would use it.
Seeing that more people are using Valkyria Chronicles avatars, I'll follow suit.
Hamadyne

What are the voices in YOUR head?

Post by Hamadyne »

Normally, whenever I play a game with dialog boxes, I tend to make up a voice for those characters.

For some reason, in my head, Nurse is voiced by J. Michael Tatum and Kenji is voiced by Vic Mignogna. Those are probably terrible representations, but they're what's in my head.

For the others, all I have is what I have as an approximation:

Hisao: Lighter pitched Kyon (MoHS)
Rin: Something like a feminine Kyon (MoHS).
Emi: Hybrid of Haruhi (MoHS) and Rise (Persona 4).
Hanako: Hybrid of Hinata (Naruto), Fuuka (Persona 3), and Orihime (Bleach).
Lilly: Nothing really specific.
Misha: Nothing really specific.
Shizune: A lower pitch of whatever Misha's 'translation' of her signs would be.

So, what do you hear when you read a character's dialog box?
This can apply to other games, too.
ze spy

Re: What are the voices in YOUR head?

Post by ze spy »

I always just read it in my voice, if not, just a bland, monotone voice.
"That weird motherfucker"
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Approximately...
Lilly: Miyuki Sawashiro
Hanako: Kana Hanazawa
Rin: Satomi Arai
Emi: Satomi Satou
Misha: Ryoko Shintani
And Hisao in my own voice, naturally.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I believe this has been discussed already. And here is the official dev response on the matter.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

G3n0c1de wrote:I believe this has been discussed already. And here is the official dev response on the matter.
Yeah, I know KS won't be voiced. But, it's interesting to share what voices you hear.

Was not aware of that older topic. Apologies for the redundancy.
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Apology accepted, but search next time, mmmkay?
Hiems

Post by Hiems »

I can imagine Shiraishi Minoru playing Kenji, since he seems to voice characters sort of like that. Hisao I can see being voiced by Miyano Mamoru, because... I just think he'd fit as him. Nurse would be Daisuke Ono.
Yuuko would be voiced by Shintani Ryoko, and Akira would be voiced by Ogata Megumi. Misha would be voiced by Matsuoka Yuki, because Matsuoka tends to voice characters that're hyperactive and/or a little weird.

Hanako would obviously be voiced by someone like Hanazawa Kana, since she seems to excel at quiet and shy characters. Satou Satomi would be Emi, because she's good at characters that're quite peppy.
I can see-- Well, hear... Rin being voiced by someone like Asakawa Yuu, or someone else with quite a low voice.
And this is more of a want, but Lilly voiced by either Hikasa Yoko or Kuwatani Natsuko. Preferably Hikasa Yoko. 8)

Shizune would be voiced by a flag blowing in gale force winds.

...It feels like I forgot someone...
ImageImageImageImage
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Hiems wrote:Shizune would be voiced by a flag blowing in gale force winds.
Shizune should be voiced by Aya Hirano.

If you get that joke, congratulations! You're a huge weeaboo.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.