Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

kosherbacon

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by kosherbacon »

"She was cute" definitely has no change on the outcome.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

kosherbacon wrote:"She was cute" definitely has no change on the outcome.
What do you mean?
Saying "She was cute" gives you an extra Hanako/Lilly point. Not doing so is neutral.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

*AHEM* GENTLEMEN
静音是买外夫
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Notguest wrote:Those three don't guarantee you anything. They just give you the option of continuing the Hanako/Lilly path later on.

You can say Hanako is cute, play Risk defensively, and ask about the library, and still end up with Shizune if you want.

Sorry, I was wrong. If you ask about the library and also play defensively, you won't have enough shizune points.
It's been a while since I played and I forgot the exact number of choices at the beginning.

Either asking about the library or playing defensively is fine though.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Quidoo wrote:
What do you mean?
Saying "She was cute" gives you an extra Hanako/Lilly point. Not doing so is neutral.
What I meant is that you can still get Lilly/Hanako even if you say "She wasn't cute." On my first playthrough I also ended up going that way even playing risk agressively IIRC.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

kosherbacon wrote:
Quidoo wrote:
What do you mean?
What I meant is that you can still get Lilly/Hanako even if you say "She wasn't cute." On my first playthrough I also ended up going that way even playing risk agressively IIRC.
Yes, but all of the choices are as significant as each other. The 'She was cute' answer could have a pretty large effect on the outcome depending on other choices that were previously made.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Yeah, "She wasn't cute" losing you a potential Lilly point has always irritated me. Considering Hanako unattractive shouldn't have any effect on whether or not you like Lilly, as long as you're still being friendly to her. I don't have to think Hanako's cute to be nice to her. (-.-)
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I just picked what I thought Hisao would say and ended up with Commander Manlyman.
sonnysonny

Post by sonnysonny »

You are Hisao so picking what you think Hisao would say means that you acted like yourself...
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

EternalLurker wrote:Yeah, "She wasn't cute" losing you a potential Lilly point has always irritated me. Considering Hanako unattractive shouldn't have any effect on whether or not you like Lilly, as long as you're still being friendly to her. I don't have to think Hanako's cute to be nice to her. (-.-)
There are no points.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

EternalLurker wrote:Yeah, "She wasn't cute" losing you a potential Lilly point has always irritated me. Considering Hanako unattractive shouldn't have any effect on whether or not you like Lilly, as long as you're still being friendly to her. I don't have to think Hanako's cute to be nice to her. (-.-)
Hisao's comment about Hanako being cute does have something to do with becoming closer to Lilly. At this point in the game "cute" refers to her attractiveness but it has also a maternal ring to it which can be developped into a parallel of Lilly's relationship with Hanako.

Anyway, it is just a first impression and sparks/indicates interest on Hisao's part to further involve himself with both Hanako and Lilly. In flowerchild's scenario her cuteness is exaggerated and one of the things that probably fascinate Hisao and the player.
Yet, Lilly's story also needs Hanako as a link between Hisao and Lilly who otherwise would have no big incentive to get to know each other, seeing as they are from two very different classes and would not be very likely to have positive interaction outside of class whereas Rin has the art club and Emi has supervising Hisao's jogging, respectively.

On one hand that relatively tame and minor decision can be the foundation to pursue Hanako but on the other hand it can be an subtle foreshadowing that Hisao possesses nurturing qualities that are not unlike Lilly's.

Or, I am probably reading too much into it ... again. :roll:
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Deimos wrote:
Hisao's comment about Hanako being cute does have something to do with becoming closer to Lilly. At this point in the game "cute" refers to her attractiveness but it has also a maternal ring to it which can be developped into a parallel of Lilly's relationship with Hanako.

Anyway, it is just a first impression and sparks/indicates interest on Hisao's part to further involve himself with both Hanako and Lilly. In flowerchild's scenario her cuteness is exaggerated and one of the things that probably fascinate Hisao and the player.
Yet, Lilly's story also needs Hanako as a link between Hisao and Lilly who otherwise would have no big incentive to get to know each other, seeing as they are from two very different classes and would not be very likely to have positive interaction outside of class whereas Rin has the art club and Emi has supervising Hisao's jogging, respectively.

On one hand that relatively tame and minor decision can be the foundation to pursue Hanako but on the other hand it can be an subtle foreshadowing that Hisao possesses nurturing qualities that are not unlike Lilly's.

Or, I am probably reading too much into it ... again. :roll:
Plus there's the whole, people don't like people who diss their friends.

And Lilly is blind, so she hears EEEEVVVERRRYYYYTHHIIINNNGGG.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Bara

Post by Bara »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:And Lilly is blind, so she hears EEEEVVVERRRYYYYTHHIIINNNGGG.
So your saying, "Blind as a bat = Ears like a bat."? :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Bara wrote:So your saying, "Blind as a bat = Ears like a bat."? :wink:
While her hearing doesn't let her sense what is in front of her (though human echolocation for the blind actually seems like a neat concept), it is her main way of sensing what is going on in her environment. Without vision, Lilly needs to rely on her hearing in order to go through life. I've also heard that when people lose a sense, the others get stronger in order to compensate. This is typically said of people who go blind, and develop sensitive hearing. This may have happened to Lilly, but even if it didn't hearing is still her most important sense.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Bara wrote:So your saying, "Blind as a bat = Ears like a bat."? :wink:
While her hearing doesn't let her sense what is in front of her (though human echolocation for the blind actually seems like a neat concept), it is her main way of sensing what is going on in her environment. Without vision, Lilly needs to rely on her hearing in order to go through life. I've also heard that when people lose a sense, the others get stronger in order to compensate. This is typically said of people who go blind, and develop sensitive hearing. This may have happened to Lilly, but even if it didn't hearing is still her most important sense.
There are a couple of blind people who can actually use echolocation, using a series of very fast clicking noises with their tongues.