Act1 V2: The bug report topic

Le_Shad

Act1 V2: The bug report topic

Post by Le_Shad »

Hello folks!
I'm creating this topic because I may have noticed a few problems in the V2 of the game. To anyone experimenting problems, please feel free to report them here. Note that some of these problems may have been in the V1 as well, but I didn't notice them at the time.

Here I go:
-The scene "An Aesthetics" ends with Rin saying "At the art club, you see. A blind boy. So he doesn't. See." and the next scene, "Proper Exercise", begins with Emi saying "We need to go get more, then." She's talking about getting a can of Prussian Blue. It seems there is a good chunk of dialogue missing. (Of course this is if you take Emi's route, but it does the same if you take Rin's route with "Creative Pain" beginning with "Emi heaves a sigh".)
-In "Proof of Competency", if you don't defend Lilly, then Shizune's trademark "..." aren't shown when she and Misha talk about students showing support to the student council. I don't know if it was on purpose (I suppose it wasn't), but it strikes me as odd.
-Sometimes, in Auto mode, you have to press a button (the menu button for me) to skip to the next part of the text. It doesn't happen consistently nor often though, and I'm unable to reproduce it at will.

I'll keep reading and reporting any problem I may find.

Best of luck to the dev team!
Chess or painting?
EternalLurker

Re: Act1 V2: The bug report topic

Post by EternalLurker »

While the Support forum probably should be where we discuss such things, there's already a thread for this here in the Public Discussion section.

Also, holy shit, slow down that avatar before my eyes disintegrate. Actually, animated avvies are supposedly banned; if they weren't mine would have Emi slamming the microwave door shut.
Last edited by EternalLurker on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

EternalLurker wrote:While the Support forum probably should be where we discuss such things, there's already a thread for this here in the Public Discussion section.

Also, holy shit, slow down that avatar before my eyes disintegrate.
The preview thread is more for critique and thoughts. Support is for technical issues and bugs, as per this thread.

Though I must say that it would be good if you changed your avatar, Le_Shad, to something not animated. Thanks.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That was my belief too, but Silentcook specifically referring to bugs before anything else told me otherwise. Meh.
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

Oh ho, did they now~

Sorry about the lack of clarification. Should be more obvious now.
Le_Shad

Post by Le_Shad »

EternalLurker wrote:Also, holy shit, slow down that avatar before my eyes disintegrate. Actually, animated avvies are supposedly banned; if they weren't mine would have Emi slamming the microwave door shut.
Whoops.
EternalLurker wrote:While the Support forum probably should be where we discuss such things, there's already a thread for this here in the Public Discussion section.
In fact, I was told on the dev blog (here exactly) to post in this section, so I didn't really took the time to look around or anything. My mistake! Should I repost this message there, then?
Chess or painting?
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

No, this is the correct area, don't worry.

Bugs/errors here, spelling/grammar/overall views there.
Nokahia

Post by Nokahia »

I noticed a few bugs under the Linux version, though I haven't actually gotten to gameplay yet.

First, the download gives me a .bz2 archive, but it's in .zip format, which put me through some confusion. (Failed to decompress, succeeded to decompress but gave the same archive without the format suffix... Had to guess my way to .zip)

Second, when I've unzipped everything I can't run any of the 'Katawa Shoujo Act 1.*' files with python or sh respectively. I get these errors...

Code: Select all

[11:03:13] nox@nygamm ~/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 $ sh Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.sh
exec: 20: ./lib/python: Permission denied
[11:03:24] nox@nygamm ~/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 $ ./Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.sh
exec: 20: ./lib/python: Permission denied
[11:03:41] nox@nygamm ~/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 $
When I try to run the .py file, it briefly gives me a window with the Katawa Shoujo logo, but then the window disappears almost immediately. This is what the console says...

Code: Select all

[11:14:50] nox@nygamm ~/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 $ python Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Katawa Shoujo Act 1.py", line 128, in <module>
    renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
  File "/home/nox/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 242, in bootstrap
    renpy.import_all()
  File "/home/nox/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2/renpy/__init__.py", line 60, in import_all
    import renpy.display.scale # Must be before module.
  File "/home/nox/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2/renpy/display/scale.py", line 31, in <module>
    import _renpy_font
ImportError: No module named _renpy_font
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "poll() got an unexpected keyword argument '_deadstate'" in <bound method Popen.popen_del of <subprocess.Popen object at 0x7f73d7951a90>> ignored
[11:15:07] nox@nygamm ~/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 $ Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Katawa Shoujo Act 1.py", line 128, in <module>
    renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
  File "/home/nox/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 170, in bootstrap
    renpy.display.presplash.show(options.presplash)
  File "/home/nox/Games/katawa_shoujo_act1_v2/renpy/display/presplash.py", line 101, in show
    sys.stdout.flush()
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
I'm running 64bit Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10). Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Apparently I was, depending on how you see it. I ran "chmod -R +rwx *" inside the katawa_shoujo_act1_v2 folder, after that I was able to run "sh Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.sh", which started the game.

I still wasn't able to run "python Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.py", though, and I'm wondering which files need which permissions. (Giving the "main" .py and .sh files execution permission gave the same errors as before this edit.)