Who writes the other stuff?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Who writes the other stuff?

Post by G3n0c1de »

I'm not sure if it's been discussed before, but I am curious as to who is responsible for writing the non-path scenes in the game? Like who wrote the intro and hospital scene? Or who's twisted mind does Kenji's dialogue come from? I assume that the path writers also take these on. How is it decided who will write these scenes? Do you just go 'Hey we need (insert scene here) scene written out, can (insert writer here) do it?' Or is it organized in advance who will write what? Maybe you've delegated writing a minor scene to non writers like Delta, as a cameo of sorts?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Captain Niggawatts

Re: Who writes the other stuff?

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Guest Author Stephanie Meyer
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Guest Author Stephanie Meyer
Go Team Misha?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Gash

Post by Gash »

Funny. I figured Kenji's dialogue was written by a real crazy person in a home somewhere. They just asked him what he'd say in that situation and edit out the most explicit parts.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Gash wrote:Funny. I figured Kenji's dialogue was written by a real crazy person in a home somewhere. They just asked him what he'd say in that situation and edit out the most explicit parts.
Or edit out the most BORING PARTS
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Most crazy folks aren't anywhere as entertaining as Kenji is.
I do belive I remember someone from the Dev team saying Kenji was written by a path writer, but I could be misremembering it. I t was a long time ago and I didn't pay it much mind back when I read it.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

Crud wrote the beginning and I did 90% of the Kenji dialogue, cake boys.
Attachments
1252476122698.jpg
1252476122698.jpg (220.52 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
hurr durr
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Anonymous22 wrote:Crud wrote the beginning and I did 90% of the Kenji dialogue, cake boys.
Somehow... I'm not surprised.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I decide who writes what, usually they fall easily on the turfs of specific writers though so there is not much to decide.

Delta wrote parts of the rooftop scene with Kenji and Silentcook parts of the post-heartattack (at running track) discussion with Nurse. Crud wrote the initial drafts of first two scenes but I rewrote the first one and A22 the second one later on. The spirit is still the same though.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Gash

Post by Gash »

Well Aura you're doing a good job so far.

The rooftop scene was kinda funny although who decided to make Kenji so paranoid about a female conspiracy? Was this just a joke thought up to take the piss out of the majority of the characters being women?
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Gash wrote:Well Aura you're doing a good job so far.

The rooftop scene was kinda funny although who decided to make Kenji so paranoid about a female conspiracy? Was this just a joke thought up to take the piss out of the majority of the characters being women?
The feminist conspiracy is no joke, man. Enjoy being the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts