Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Guest »

Yeah, but is that all there is to it? I can't pretend to know anything about the treatment (social or medical) of burn victims, but considering that Hanako's not blind, bald and missing fingers she seems to have escaped her accident with only those nasty-ass scars to remember it by. Can you get yourself enrolled in a school for physically disabled children if you're not disabled per se (aside from the ginormous social complex resulting from the aforementioned trauma) ― just partially disfigured?

Of course, burns like that could warrant careful medical attention even several years after the incident, but this is just me as a layman making ballpark guesses.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Guys. This has been discussed. In this very thread. This conversation is going in circles (albeit very large ones; this thread is way too damn long).

Post by Guest »

Oooohhh. Okay. Thanks for bringing that up for us new to the forum types.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

What if Misha honest to God doesn't have a disability? Maybe she's aspiring to work in the deaf community in the future instead, and has enrolled to Yamaku in order to learn sign language and interaction with the deaf in general, with Shizune's help. Remember that the demo version of this game already established that Misha's signing skills aren't perfect yet (she had to ask from Shizune how to sign a certain word). Behind the drill hairs and all the "Wahahaha", there might very well be a sign language translator/instructor in training.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:What if Misha honest to God doesn't have a disability? Maybe she's aspiring to work in the deaf community in the future instead, and has enrolled to Yamaku in order to learn sign language and interaction with the deaf in general, with Shizune's help. Remember that the demo version of this game already established that Misha's signing skills aren't perfect yet (she had to ask from Shizune how to sign a certain word). Behind the drill hairs and all the "Wahahaha", there might very well be a sign language translator/instructor in training.
But she didn't actively seek out a deaf student, she either was assigned to pair up with Shizune or just arbitrarily paired up with her because she was sat next to her. I forget which it was.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Elroy

Post by Elroy »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:What if Misha honest to God doesn't have a disability? Maybe she's aspiring to work in the deaf community in the future instead, and has enrolled to Yamaku in order to learn sign language and interaction with the deaf in general, with Shizune's help. Remember that the demo version of this game already established that Misha's signing skills aren't perfect yet (she had to ask from Shizune how to sign a certain word). Behind the drill hairs and all the "Wahahaha", there might very well be a sign language translator/instructor in training.
Oh, God, that would be awesome. Can't you see Misha in an Akira-suit, with the crazy ass drills, trying to get a job?

" :D Yes, I'd like to apply for a job. (under breath)Wahaha."
"What was that, ma'am?"
" :) Nothing."
Bara

Post by Bara »

I still say Misha's disability is that she is still breathing. :twisted:
Seriously, do the authors have to describe the school to us down to the last beam, plank, brick and plumbing fixture for them to make a good enjoyable story? Misha is most probably a "crutch" for Shizunes' story, so I'd advise not losing sight of the forest for obsessing over a single deadfall.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Bara wrote:I'd advise not losing sight of the forest for obsessing over a single deadfall.
But... it's twitching... as though it has... epilepsy....
静音是买外夫
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Bara wrote:I still say Misha's disability is that she is still breathing. :twisted:
Seriously, do the authors have to describe the school to us down to the last beam, plank, brick and plumbing fixture for them to make a good enjoyable story?
The more you detail something in a story, the better you can place yourself into that story. Images can only say so much - you get nothing about the atmosphere of the environment, such as the smells and the subtle sounds, such as a bird off in the distance. Sure, you could have that bird playing in the background SFX, but having those little details brought forward makes the scene seem all the more real. For example, during the Festival, all you can see is the school in the background and lots of people in the fields. You know there are food stalls, but without being explicitly told about the aromas, you don't necessarily smell them. Without being told of the chattering crowds and their immediate silence at the time the PA system announces the official beginning of the festival, it's just noise. I suppose there is such a thing as too much detail, but I, personally, haven't felt like they've overdone it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Warwick wrote:
Bara wrote:I'd advise not losing sight of the forest for obsessing over a single deadfall.
But... it's twitching... as though it has... epilepsy....
That would have to be one HELL of a gran mal seizure to last beyond death. :wink:
(but I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, right? somewhere in TVTropes.... ) :lol:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

darkblade986 wrote:
Bara wrote:I still say Misha's disability is that she is still breathing. :twisted:
Seriously, do the authors have to describe the school to us down to the last beam, plank, brick and plumbing fixture for them to make a good enjoyable story?
.... I suppose there is such a thing as too much detail, but I, personally, haven't felt like they've overdone it.
No I don't think the story is overdone either. I'm just of the opinion that Misha has a purpose in Shizune's path and is certainly more significant in ACT 1 than say, Yuuko, but I can't bring myself to care WHY she is there as much as I care that she IS there to progress Shizune's path.
I know a lot of this is simply speculation by Misha fans to fill the time while the Devs are doing their Dev stuff and flesh out in their minds a character who may not get as much attention in the final release as they would wish for. While I may jokingly say that I wish Misha was "dead" at least I'm not calliing her "fat". :lol:

(BTW, Warwick, did you know UFO Researchers have determined that 84.61% of "Missing Time" incidents are directly related to links to TV Tropes?) :wink:
Last edited by Bara on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elroy

Post by Elroy »

Maybe she IS dead, and she's become bloated. That's why she's fat, and that's what her disability is! Being undead! Open-and-shut case if I do say so myself.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Elroy wrote:Maybe she IS dead, and she's become bloated. That's why she's fat, and that's what her disability is! Being undead! Open-and-shut case if I do say so myself.
That's not a disability it is an alternative un-life style....

Elroy

Post by Elroy »

Bara wrote:That's not a disability it is an alternative un-life style....
:( It's not like I chose this for myself! I was killed this way!
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

This thread has become dreadfully silly.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts